Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets (22264 Views)

Naira Depreciates Marginally Against Dollar / Naira Gains Against Dollar To N375/$ / Naira Steady Against Dollar, Rebounds Slightly Against Euro And Pounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by Truth234(m): 4:30am On Nov 02, 2016
The Nigerian Naira extended its gains against the US dollar across the foreign exchange market on Tuesday.

The local currency improved N4.06 at the interbank market to close at N304.75, from N308.81 it traded on Monday.

Accordingly, the Naira gained N3 at the parallel market to close at N465, from N468 it closes on Monday.

While, at the Bureau De Change segment, the Naira was exchanged at N385 to a US dollar — in line with CBN directive.

Forex traders have attributed the improvement to the increase in the market liquidity due to the weekly sale of forex by Travelex and First Bank of Nigeria.

The First Bank of Nigeria and Travelex were approved by the CBN to help boost market liquidity through the sales of diaspora remittances to the Bureau De Change operators in an effort to curb counterproductive activities of some financial institutions.

The Naira has since gained N35 on the parallel market, from N500 it traded about a month ago and appreciated N16 in the interbank market to close at N308.81 on Tuesday.

Experts expect liquidity in the market to improve once OPEC goes through with Algiers accord on November 20 in Vienna, Austria.

“This, is because oil is forecast to trade at $60 a barrel after production cut, and with Nigerian output currently averaging 2.1m barrels a day. The country is likely to boost its external reserves needed to service the economy and prop up the Naira value through the CBN intermittent intervention in the foreign exchange market,” said analysts at Investors King Ltd.

“The reality is that as of today and this morning, we are at 2.1 million barrels production. That’s substantial,” said Emmanuel Kachikwu, Minister of State for Petroleum.

The pound and Euro were exchanged at N565 and N504 respectively.

http://investorsking.com/naira-extend-gains-against-dollar-across-fx-markets/

2 Likes

Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:44am On Nov 02, 2016
Nice cool

1 Like

Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by seunmsg(m): 5:03am On Nov 02, 2016
The parallel market rate of N465 is still very high and unacceptable. They need to bring it down to under N400 before we can heave a sigh of relief.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by Truth234(m): 5:07am On Nov 02, 2016
seunmsg:
The parallel market rate of N465 is still very high and unacceptable. They need to bring it down to under N400 before we can heave a sigh of relief.

How do you bring down what you don't control? Parallel market rate is being determined by speculators, they will do anything to sabotage all efforts by CBN for few gains.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by modath(f): 5:12am On Nov 02, 2016
Truth234:

How do you bring down what you don't control? Parallel market rate is being determined by speculators, they will do anything to sabotage all efforts by CBN for few gains.

Preach bros, preach!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by seunmsg(m): 5:13am On Nov 02, 2016
Truth234:

A month ago, it was N500 and today, it's N465. With the right policies and strict enforcement by CBN, it can still come down to below N400.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by Truth234(m): 5:29am On Nov 02, 2016
seunmsg:

A month ago, it was N500 and today, it's N465. With the right policies and strict enforcement by CBN, it can still come down to below N400.

It is a process.. but once all the measures filtered through key FX segments. Parallel market will adjust automatically.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by Mynd44: 5:46am On Nov 02, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 02, 2016
Still not convinced undecided cry
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by Adesiji77: 6:05am On Nov 02, 2016
Watching...@Truth234, I hail o

1 Like

Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by Truth234(m): 6:06am On Nov 02, 2016
Adesiji77:
Watching...@Truth234, I hail o

How that side Boss

1 Like

Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by Adesiji77: 6:16am On Nov 02, 2016
Truth234:

How that side Boss

Chairman, we are managing cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by eph12(m): 6:32am On Nov 02, 2016
Truth234:

Not just that. This particular market is highly demand driven just like fuel. If I have a $1000 to sell and am not sure of getting another one easily once I sell this, I may have to inflate the price so as to cover for my future expenses when am not able to make sales. It's wrong but that's the reality on ground. High demand results in price increase.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by Araoluwa005(m): 7:13am On Nov 02, 2016
hmmmm

16 Likes

Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by recievesense: 7:13am On Nov 02, 2016
Make i do go change my money b4 i loose
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by Genea(f): 7:14am On Nov 02, 2016
Mmmmmmm no comment

Now nairalanders help me get on LIS by Following me @ alphonsus Jennifer on to get inspired in d morning and night
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by alexarelano(m): 7:14am On Nov 02, 2016
Dis is not enticing
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by CuteStalWart(m): 7:16am On Nov 02, 2016
Which kind news bedis sef
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by mikool007(m): 7:16am On Nov 02, 2016
alexarelano:
Dis is not enticing
wen we know it will still drop more dan dat
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by AleAirHub(m): 7:19am On Nov 02, 2016
Rubbish....
Fx that was @214 during Gej now is 466 and ppl are praying for it to drop to 350-400. Madness angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by sakalisis(m): 7:20am On Nov 02, 2016
Okay na
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by Jediel1(m): 7:20am On Nov 02, 2016
Chai, We want to use this opportunity to thank Mr President, finance minister and cbn governor for showing me how we wasted time in Economics class angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by brightleave(m): 7:22am On Nov 02, 2016
Truth234:

It is a process.. but once all the measures filtered through key FX segments. Parallel market will adjust automatically.
na una know that one. If una like make una blow more grammar, watine concern me na whether garri don fall enter 300naira?
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by abdulskulboy(m): 7:23am On Nov 02, 2016
the naira will be stronger than dollar if donald HILLARY CLINTON emerge as the US president, believe me.
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by AleAirHub(m): 7:23am On Nov 02, 2016
Any perk attach to it undecided
Genea:
Mmmmmmm no comment

Now nairalanders help me get on LIS by Following me @ alphonsus Jennifer on to get inspired in d morning and night
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by vedaxcool(m): 7:23am On Nov 02, 2016
We will succeed inshallah
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by groomed: 7:23am On Nov 02, 2016
grin
Genea:
Mmmmmmm no comment

grin lol @ to get inspired in the morning and in the night.
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by tammie24: 7:24am On Nov 02, 2016
Rubbish!

I tot it would be like 200 to a dollar sef
Still the same
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by Genea(f): 7:24am On Nov 02, 2016
AleAirHub:
Any perk attach to it undecided
smiles, just trying to help lighten up ur days and nights with lovely inspirational quotes
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by Genea(f): 7:25am On Nov 02, 2016
groomed:
grin grin lol @ to get inspired in the morning and in the night.

smiles dearie
Remember to follow kiss
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 02, 2016
grin

U.S. Election gragra...
Re: Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets by azeecoboy(m): 7:25am On Nov 02, 2016
Hummmmmmm.......just 3naira,and if it wanna depreciate,it wunt go less than 20naira.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Innoson Vs Gtbank: Bank Debunks Rumours Of Customers Closing Their Accounts / List Of Genuine Local & Foreign Kolanut Buyers / Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.