Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives (1540 Views)

Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation / Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands / 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by pleadge(m): 7:01am On Nov 02, 2016
1. Go and slim down. Do not let people take you for his mother when indeed you are the wife. Most Nigerian men love to see you exercise and eat less.

2. Mind and control your tongue.

3. Keep the house clean.

4. Be hospitable, how you receive his friends and families matter to alot. Make them feel welcome by coming out to greet them, serve them water if there is no drink.

5. Dress neatly and smart always, look good for him.

6. Do not disrespect Nigerian husband, they want to feel respected always but you can correct them with respect.

7. Treat him like a king, make him feel important and he shall treat you back as his queen.

9. Do not always claim right.

10. Be polite always.

11. Be quick to say "I am sorry".

12. Do not delay when he have to go out together with you. Start getting ready well ahead of time and don't keep him waiting because they can be very impatient.

13.Men don't like tension, make him smile and laugh around you and he will want to hang around.

14.Men love good food, prepare him good meals, as the saying goes "Good food is the secrete route to the heart of every man" even displayed in the garden of Eden

15. Men do not like nagging. When you make your request, believe in him to do it in his own time. No amount of nagging can change him.

16. Do not belittle or gossip your husband to anyone. If there are issues that need be addressed, find a quiet time to talk it out with him, most preferred after giving him good food and nice treat .

17. Do not prioritize others ahead of him, Make him your number one; Not the children, your friends, your family or anything around. it written what God has put together let no man put asunder.

18. Men love the spinal cord of marriage , do not withhold it. Never use it as a bait .

19. Be disciplined and wise in spending.

20. Be his friend and stop acting like his mom.

21. Men are very jealous, do not get too close with the opposite sex on Social media. Seek his consent before accepting a male as Friend.

22. Do not paint him bad to the children, help them love and appreciate him.http://www.solenzoblog.com.ng/2016/11/30-things-every-nigerian-husbands-want.html

2 Likes

Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by wtfCode: 7:10am On Nov 02, 2016
Suweet
Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by iPrevail(m): 7:13am On Nov 02, 2016
Rubbish!
I'd never demand all these from my wife.. She's not my slave or house girl.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by toyeem(f): 9:59am On Nov 02, 2016
The list is not complete. You could have said 'in summary, live your whole life for him' .

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 02, 2016
Well the op is kind of right sha cry

It's well.
Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by megareal: 11:51am On Nov 02, 2016
Typical.

In other words, wife your place is not even in the other room. You are nothing but an appendage of your husband. You are not permitted to be human but a robot.

Sebi na you go find marriage?

Rubbish!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by TV01(m): 12:42pm On Nov 02, 2016
...a good man will expect all that and give more. May we be good and our expectations met.

TV

4 Likes

Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
megareal:
Typical.

In other words, wife your place is not even in the other room. You are nothing but an appendage of your husband. You are not permitted to be human but a robot.

Sebi na you go find marriage?

Rubbish!

Seriously, the aforementioned should come naturally all things being equal, I don't think it makes anyone a robot. It gets a whole lot easier when he is a good man...

6 Likes

Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by toyeem(f): 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2016
PaperLace:

Seriously, the aforementioned should come naturally all things being equal, I don't think it makes anyone a robot. It gets a whole lot easier when he is a good man...

Really. Even the first one. 'go and slim down before people will think you are his mother'. I've not seen any woman that plans to get fat once married but things beyond us happen;childbirth, hormones,family planning etc can all contribute to being fat.
Pls note before some underage boys will come here to ask me if I'm pained. I'm not and I'm not fat but I know people that are and their hubby love them just the way they are

9 Likes

Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 02, 2016
toyeem:

Really. Even the first one. 'go and slim down before people will think you are his mother'. I've not seen any woman that plans to get fat once married but things beyond us happen;childbirth, hormones,family planning etc can all contribute to being fat.
Pls note before some underage boys will come here to ask me if I'm pained. I'm not and I'm not fat but I know people that are and their hubby love them just the way they are
that's why I said, 'all things being equal'. The people whose husbands love them fat are definitely exempted...same with those it's 'beyond their control'.
By the way, I planned to get fat... grin

I guess spelling it out makes it look like an order, but it doesn't change the fact that these things come naturally. Every woman wants to look good(whether her husband wants or not), the effort we all put into achieving it is what differs.

3 Likes

Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by toyeem(f): 5:55pm On Nov 02, 2016
PaperLace:

that's why I said, 'all things being equal'. The people whose husbands love them fat are definitely exempted...same with those it's 'beyond their control'.
By the way, I planned to get fat... grin

I guess spelling it out makes it look like an order, but it doesn't change the fact that these things come naturally. Every woman wants to look good(whether her husband wants or not), the effort we all put into achieving it is what differs.
Thanks for the explanation. But seriously, you planned to get fat smileyI know you are joking
Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2016
toyeem:

Thanks for the explanation. But seriously, you planned to get fat smileyI know you are joking

Y'welcome.
No, I am not joking... cheesy
You gat tips to share? Lols...
Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by dangotesmummy: 6:59pm On Nov 02, 2016
Msheweeeeeeewwwwwwwww undecided undecided undecided
Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by oloyede252(m): 7:22pm On Nov 02, 2016
iPrevail:
Rubbish!
I'd never demand all these from my wife.. She's not my slave or house girl.
oga who told you to demand? the op said want. try reading the title again
Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by misspicy(f): 8:33pm On Nov 02, 2016
PaperLace:

It will be done when he does same too.

If she is comfortable doing all these, If it is her voluntary will and not his command or demand .
And many IFs

The same and more is expected of him and when he falls short of more than expected,she is also allowed to do same.
After all she is human not a robot

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by iPrevail(m): 9:46pm On Nov 02, 2016
oloyede252:

oga who told you to demand? the op said want. try reading the title again

undecided
Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by bukatyne(f): 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
TV01:
...a good man will expect all that and give more. May we be good and our expectations met.

TV

Interesting
Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by bukatyne(f): 10:17pm On Nov 02, 2016
@OP:

When there is love, a wife will do all that & more...

Spinal cord meaning se.x? grin And that time wasting riles a number of guys up.

Hubby calls it wickedness embarassed angry shocked

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by jashar(f): 10:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
grin
Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Jay542(m): 10:59pm On Nov 02, 2016
Omo this 1 na househelp oo.

Wives also have a life to live.

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by lilmax(m): 11:01pm On Nov 02, 2016
Seek is consent before accepting a male friend cheesy
Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by 2CatWoman: 11:28pm On Nov 02, 2016
USELESS THREAD.

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by femmy2010(m): 12:13am On Nov 03, 2016
on point
Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by eyinjuege: 12:38am On Nov 03, 2016
Good to know.

But men are always made to sound so needy on most NL posts including this one.

Most posts are usually about self.

Its good we face the reality that the world doesn't revolve around you as a person, man or woman.

Its time to do less of talking and more action.

You want respect? Then show your team how to give it.

Be a living example of all these wonderful attributes expected from a decent human being.

Also be practical enough to know there's no perfect person.

No 22 , how do you help children to love a parent? Can love be forced in anyone? A mother cannot force children to love their fathers and vice versa.
Those of us who love our fathers do so without been prompted. Fathers are wonderful, and we equally felt their love and care while growing up. We don't need our mothers to remind us to respect our fathers, and to love them... Duhhhh...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 03, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: 30 Things Every Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 03, 2016
misspicy:

It will be done when he does same too.

If she is comfortable doing all these, If it is her voluntary will and not his command or demand .
And many IFs

The same and more is expected of him and when he falls short of more than expected,she is also allowed to do same.
After all she is human not a robot

emmm...
Miss spices, I wanna believe this is an elucidation of my post.

(1) (Reply)

Photos As Mad Woman Delivers Baby Girl Along Enugu Road. / LUX Soap @ 17 Kobo. / H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.