Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands (5016 Views)

7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding / House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven / 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by 5minsmadness: 9:20am On Dec 15, 2016
This is kind of like a counter-thread to the "30 things Nigerian husbands want and expect from their wives" but with a twist. I would have drawn up what I think women want from thier husbands but I thought it would be best if we hear from the women themselves. For us men, we feel women complain and argue and vex a lot, but they never really tell us what they want. They think we are mind-readers and when we do ask them what the issue is we get answers like "Use your common sense! ". That is not an answer. It leads some of us to believe that women really dont know what they want, but argue and complain when whatever that thing is isn't done.

So here's passing the ball back to the women. List five things you want and expect from your men/husbands. You can see in our list that we are not assuming, we go straight to the point and we dont barb our list with insults(lol). Of course if you can list more than five points pls go ahead. Let us the men also have an opportunity to hear and learn from you.

Let's go.
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by Mimzyy(f): 10:10am On Dec 15, 2016
Hmmmmm.
I'll be back I promise smiley.
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by 5minsmadness: 10:38am On Dec 15, 2016
Mimzyy:
Hmmmmm.
I'll be back I promise smiley.
I made a deal with a female colleague at work. Looks like I'm gonna win bigtime! grin
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by Mimzyy(f): 11:53am On Dec 15, 2016
This is what i want from my man:

* A listening ear
: Don't increase the volume of the TV when i am having a discussion with you. Let me know that you are paying attention to me.

* Be honest with me
: Tell me things exactly the way they are, do not tell me what you feel i want to her. Don't try to sugar-coat the truth no matter how bitter it is.

* Understanding: If you do not understand me, then, who else will. You need to understand my mood swings, everything. You should be able to tell why i do the things i do.

* Loyalty: I know that i am not the most beautiful girl in the world, i can be a mess to handle at times. I might not give you sex when you want it 'cos of the "i am tired" flimsy excuse but please, stay loyal to me. You saw that beautiful,yellow, flawless skinned chick with a big,round ass before you decided to settle for a chocolate diva, you knew there was (still is) something unique about me. So, whenever you are tempted to be unfaithful, remember that thing!

* Be Financially Independent: I will not saddle you with responsibilities but please, be hardworking and success oriented.

* Be Caring/Romantic: Why do you want to stop doing all the things you used to do before i agreed to date/marry you? We need to keep the spark alive please. Don't stop. You do not have to break a bank and it doesn't have to always be monetary. A one minute phone call to me just to tell me you love me will leave me shinning my teeth like i am a close-up ambassador for the rest of the day. wink

*Be Compassionate
: You need to have human feelings. Be kind and help people as much as you can.

cc: 5minsmadness

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by Mimzyy(f): 11:53am On Dec 15, 2016
5minsmadness:

I made a deal with a female colleague at work. Looks like I'm gonna win bigtime! grin

What's the deal?
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by NevetsIbot(m): 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2016
THis idiot above me sha..

2 Likes

Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by missjo(f): 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seriously, that pic up there is bound to put bad ideas in people cheesy cheesy
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by 5minsmadness: 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2016
Mimzyy:

What's the deal?

I'll tell u by 6pm. That's the time limit.
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by Splinz(m): 4:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
Mimzyy:
This is what i want from my man:

* A listening ear
: Don't increase the volume of the TV when i am having a discussion with you. Let me know that you are paying attention to me.

* Be honest with me
: Tell me things exactly the way they are, do not tell me what you feel i want to her. Don't try to sugar-coat the truth no matter how bitter it is.

* Understanding: If you do not understand me, then, who else will. You need to understand my mood swings, everything. You should be able to tell why i do the things i do.

* Loyalty: I know that i am not the most beautiful girl in the world, i can be a mess to handle at times. I might not give you sex when you want it 'cos of the "i am tired" flimsy excuse but please, stay loyal to me. You saw that beautiful,yellow, flawless skinned chick with a big,round ass before you decided to settle for a chocolate diva, you knew there was (still is) something unique about me. So, whenever you are tempted to be unfaithful, remember that thing!

* Be Financially Independent: I will not saddle you with responsibilities but please, be hardworking and success oriented.

* Be Caring/Romantic: Why do you want to stop doing all the things you used to do before i agreed to date/marry you? We need to keep the spark alive please. Don't stop. You do not have to break a bank and it doesn't have to always be monetary. A one minute phone call to me just to tell me you love me will leave me shinning my teeth like i am a close-up ambassador for the rest of the day. wink

*Be Compassionate
: You need to have human feelings. Be kind and help people as much as you can.

cc: 5minsmadness

Oh Mimzyy again with her unending list of wants... Please just ascend to the heavens and get yourself an angel.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by Mimzyy(f): 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2016
5minsmadness:

I'll tell u by 6pm. That's the time limit.

Tick tock. I can guess though.

That they will avoid this thread.
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by sisisioge: 5:15pm On Dec 15, 2016
- Love and respect me
- Be fair in your dealings with me
- Have my back as I yours.
- Take care of me and mine
-Biko don't cheat on me...if you aren't cool with what you are getting from me pls talk to me.

2 Likes

Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by Arijude(m): 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
There are two macro element of any Nigerian girl, namely: (1) Money, that is in surplus.
(2) Big fat dick: they need it but they won't tell you because they are too pretentious.
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by cococandy(f): 5:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
1) faithfulness

2) respect

3) support (financial, emotional, physical etc. the whole being a partner thing fits in here)

4) conjugal obligations. We understand if he's not in the mood once in a while. Always is a no-no.

5) respect and care about our family members too.

3 Likes

Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by jnrbayano(m): 6:11pm On Dec 15, 2016
cococandy:
1) faithfulness

2) respect

3) support (financial, emotional, physical etc. the whole being a partner thing fits in here)

4) conjugal obligations. We understand if he's not in the mood once in a while. Always is a no-no.

5) respect and care about our family members too.

Can you breakdown No 5?

1 Like

Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
Things Nigerian Wives Expect From Their Husbands

1. To be a servile retard_ who puts up with their every excesses, ranging from feminism to incessant nagging e.tc etc.

2. A fat bank account.

3. He must be a virgin, but must have excellent skills in sexual matters.

3. He must be tall, super handsome with six packs and pink lips, even though they are anything but beautiful.

4. He shouldn't take offence as regards her flirting freely with random dudes, but should automatically transform into a faggot_ immediately he steps outta the house.

5. He must be an embodiment of kindness, honesty, compassion, docile humility and gentleness.

6. On no account should he raise his hand to strike them, despite the fact that they launched the first blow, or provoked him to the limit of human endurance.

6. Sweeping the house, doing the utensils, bathing the kids, preparing the meals are the basic responsibilities of a husband. Without objection. Unless he's no real man.

7. Staying away from sex under punishment (reason not taken into consideration) from madam should come easy to him. But must always be ready to rise to the party whenever wifey beckons.

And more...

2 Likes

Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by cococandy(f): 6:15pm On Dec 15, 2016
jnrbayano:

Can you breakdown No 5?

I thought that was self explanatory. I don't know how else to explain it jare.

Let's say no disrespectful attitude or uncaring behavior towards our loved ones.
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by jnrbayano(m): 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2016
cococandy:

I thought that was self explanatory. I don't know how else to explain it jare.

Let's say no disrespectful attitude or uncaring behavior towards our loved ones.

Don't mind me this evening. I'm in my question asking mood. smiley

What kind of behaviour towards them here can be adjudged to be "uncaring"?
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by cococandy(f): 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2016
jnrbayano:

Don't mind me this evening. I'm in my question asking mood. smiley

What kind of behaviour towards them here can be adjudged to be "uncaring"?

Let's say (for example) you and your wife have a joint income. You always send upkeep to your aging parents or younger siblings still in school but neglect to do same for her family members.
Or your family member needs support that you don't hesitate to provide like a place to live while searching for a job but it becomes a problem when her own family member needs such assistance. etc etc

i.e portraying that your own family is more important than hers while forgetting that she loves her family as much as you love yours. This does go both ways but since we are talking about men...

3 Likes

Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by 5minsmadness: 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2016
Mimzyy:

Tick tock. I can guess though.

That they will avoid this thread.

Hey, you are smart! grin
And i lost the bet by a few minutes cry
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
Be faithful
2.Be hardworking /responsible
3.Be Romantic
4. Don't stifle me
5. Be playful ,fun to be with

2 Likes

Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by jnrbayano(m): 7:04pm On Dec 15, 2016
cococandy:

Let's say (for example) you and your wife have a joint income. You always send upkeep to your aging parents or younger siblings still in school but neglect to do same for her family members.
Or your family member needs support that you don't hesitate to provide like a place to live while searching for a job but it becomes a problem when her own family member needs such assistance. etc etc

i.e portraying that your one family is more important than hers while forgetting that she loves her family as much as you love yours. This does go both ways but since we are talking about men...

Quite clear.

Now, what of if he doesn't show those "caring" acts towards his family and mete-out same kind of treatment to his in-laws, what judgement will he get?

Take another scenario, when a man is butchered (made to spend excessively by way of paying dowry and other bogus marriage requirements) in the hands of his in-laws. In his marriage with his wife he decides to be stingy with the affairs of his in-laws, can his actions be described as uncaring?
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by Mimzyy(f): 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
5minsmadness:

Hey, you are smart! grin
And i lost the bet by a few minutes cry

tongue I knew it.
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by 5minsmadness: 7:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
Mimzyy:

tongue I knew it.

She's chewing my ear off over here cry
But i can argue the answers started pouring in only after i mentioned the bet. And very scanty. I said too much angry

On my way home, will settle down and read what you girls wrote later cheesy
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by cococandy(f): 7:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
jnrbayano:

Quite clear.

Now, what of if he doesn't show those "caring" acts towards his family and mete-out same kind of treatment to his in-laws, what judgement will he get?
I don't understand. You mean if he cares about his in-laws but doesn't care about his own family? Well uncaring is uncaring it doesn't matter who's on the receiving end.

Take another scenario, when a man is butchered (made to spend excessively by way of paying dowry and other bogus marriage requirements) in the hands of his in-laws. In his marriage with his wife he decides to be stingy with the affairs of his in-laws, can his actions be described as uncaring?
Not a good enough reason. If he saw their demands as unfair, he could have refused to do it. Instead of playing along with intentions to get back at them later.
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by Mimzyy(f): 7:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
5minsmadness:

She's chewing my ear off over here cry
But i can argue the answers started pouring in only after i mentioned the bet. And very scanty. I said too much angry

On my way home, will settle down and read what you girls wrote later cheesy

Lol, you should have known better than to place a bet with a woman. You cannot win. cheesy

Expecting ya.
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by jnrbayano(m): 7:32pm On Dec 15, 2016
cococandy:
I don't understand. You mean if he cares about his in-laws but doesn't care about his own family? Well uncaring is uncaring it doesn't matter who's on the receiving end.

Not a good enough reason. If he saw their demands as unfair, he could have refused to do it. Instead of playing along with intentions to get back at them later.

I mean when he is "uncaring" to his people as well as his in-laws....

You did justice to the 2nd scenario.
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by missjo(f): 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2016
cococandy:

i.e portraying that your own family is more important than hers while forgetting that she loves her family as much as you love yours. This does go both ways but since we are talking about men...
You made this comment on the premise that the wife has no job and ALWAYS requires her husband to take care of her own family.

I honestly don't see how a woman with a source of income needs her husband to support her own family when she isn't supporting his own family equally.

2 Likes

Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by cococandy(f): 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2016
missjo:

You made this comment on the premise that the wife has no job and ALWAYS requires her husband to take care of her own family.

I honestly don't see how a woman with a source of income needs her husband to support her own family when she isn't supporting his own family equally.
Joint income madam. Read the post again.

Meaning that they both have a collective income I.e husband and wife income goes into the same account or in a situation where a husband required his wife to stop working for his own personal reasons. In which case he should be ready to take on responsibilities concerning her own family since she would have done that if he didn't stop her from working.

It doesn't apply to women who deliberately refuse to make an income. No no.
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by missjo(f): 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
sisisioge:
- Love and respect me
- Be fair in your dealings with me
- Have my back as I yours.
- Take care of me and mine
-Biko don't cheat on me...if you aren't cool with what you are getting from me pls talk to me.
Okay now I believe it's the Nigerian in you ladies that makes you keep listing how a man is supposed to take care of your own family.

Tell this to a caucasian and he's probably gonna ask if your parents/siblings will also be helping with his taxes. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by missjo(f): 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2016
cococandy:

Joint income madam. Read the post again.

Meaning that they both have a collective income I.e husband and wife income goes into the same account or in a situation where a husband required his wife to stop working for his own personal reasons. In which case he should be ready to take on responsibilities concerned her own family since she would have done that if he didn't stop her from working.

It doesn't apply to women who deliberately refuse to make an income. No no.
Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up. my bad
Re: Name 5 Things Nigerian Wives Want And Expect From their Husbands by sisisioge: 11:11pm On Dec 15, 2016
missjo:

Okay now I believe it's the Nigerian in you ladies that makes you keep listing how a man is supposed to take care of your own family.

Tell this to a caucasian and he's probably gonna ask if your parents/siblings will also be helping with his taxes. cheesy

Sweetie, why did u assume "mine" there meant my family? I actually meant my children. Me and the kids...no be him born my siblings and parents nau grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Living In Self Con.? / When The Desirable Is Not Available... / What Happens When A Woman Wants More Sex Than Her Husband? Or Vice Versa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.