Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) (43182 Views)

Austin, Nigerian amputee footballer reveals how he became physically disabled / Pretty Amputee Shares Her Experience When She Went For Amputation 14 Years Ago / Stunning Amputee Steals Hearts On Social Media With Gorgeous Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by lewispius: 9:54am On Nov 02, 2016
This lovely 20-year-old Nigerian lady named Doris, is celebrating 7 years of being an amputee. The beauty took to her IG page to share these lovely photos with an inspirational message.

She wrote:

“TODAY I STILL REJOICE!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME!

TODAY MAKES IT THE 7TH YEAR OF MY SURVIVAL. I SHALL REJOICE DURING THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER BECAUSE THIS IS THE MONTH THAT I HAD MY RIGHT LEG AMPUTATED. WHEN GOD DECIDED THAT I CAN BE A BETTER PERSON THAN WHAT I THOUGHT I MIGHT HAVE BEEN.

NOVEMBER – THE MONTH WHEN I STEPPED INTO THE GRAVEL ROAD, IT WAS NEVER EASY; THE PAIN, TEARS, HEARTBREAK, TORTURE, DEPRESSION AND ALL THE NEGATIVE VICES YOU CAN IMAGINE.

AFTER ACCEPTING MYSELF FOR WHO I AM, TODAY I KNOW HAPPINESS, LOVE, CARE, FAITH, HOPE, STRENGTH AND VISION WITH A PURPOSE TO BE ALIVE BECAUSE I NEVER GAVE UP. I WAS NOT CURSED BUT GOD CHOSE ME TO BE HIS LIVING TESTIMONY. HE MADE IT A POINT THAT I AM DIFFERENT FROM MAJORITY. LOOK AT ME 7 YEARS LATER, I AM A QUEEN AND I HAVE BEEN POSITIVE.

I AM 20 YEARS OLD, I AM A CONFIDENT YOUNG WOMAN. I BELIEVE THAT DISABILITY IS ATTITUDE. I BELIEVE I’M NO DIFFERENCE FROM ANY WOMAN AND I CANNOT BE DEFINED LESS THAN THAT.

BASICALLY, I CHOOSE NOT TO BE DEFINED BY MY CHALLENGES. SO IN MY 7 YEARS AS AN AMPUTEE, I HAVE LEARNED TO HAVE SELF-LOVE, MY CLUTCHES ARE MY BEST ACCESSORIES. I ALWAYS HAVE MY BEAUTIFUL SMILE AS MY MAKE-UP. IT DEFINES ME BEFORE THE WORLD. IT IS THE VOICE TO MY SILENCE.

I SEE SO MUCH FAITH IN MYSELF AND IT SCARES ME. TO THINK OF WHERE I HAVE BEEN AND WHERE I AM GOING MAKES ME EMOTIONAL. I WILL CHANGE THE WORLD TOMORROW!

I AM HAPPY WITH OR WITHOUT A LIMB!! FOOTNOTE:
 THAT SOMETHING WONDERFUL IS GOING TO HAPPEN EVEN WITH ALL THE UPS AND DOWNS.
 NEVER TAKE A DAY FOR GRANTED.
 CHERISH THE LITTLE THINGS AND HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE.
 NO PAIN, NO GAIN.
 I BELIEVE WE ARE ALL BOUND TO FACE CHALLENGES AND WHEN THEY COME, WE HAVE GOT TO BE STRONG.
#7YEARS_ANNIVERSARY #AMPUTEE_WITH_BIG_DREAMS #DISABILITY_IS_ATTITUDE #CONFIDENT_QUEEN”

http://gistreel.com/2016/11/02/20-year-old-nigerian-lady-celebrates-7-years-of-being-an-amputee/

69 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by femolacqua(m): 10:02am On Nov 02, 2016
True talk girl.

7 Likes

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by pahars(m): 10:03am On Nov 02, 2016
So touching!Front page tins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by shaiba(f): 10:07am On Nov 02, 2016
WAOOOO!!! I'm touched.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by chukxie(m): 10:12am On Nov 02, 2016
She's beautiful, courageous and I dare say, smart!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by Warhawk(m): 10:15am On Nov 02, 2016
Wonders,they say, shall never end... So sm1 is celebrating being an amputee??

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by AlexCk: 10:30am On Nov 02, 2016
Wow.

In all things, give thanks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by veekid(m): 10:44am On Nov 02, 2016
Praise the Lord

1 Like

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by Debaddest(m): 10:45am On Nov 02, 2016
Wow... life is too sweet, no matter what you're passing through in life, give thanks to almighty God for giving you life cos it's not your right but Privilege.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 02, 2016
cool

Why do people show unnecessary empathy to the "physically challenge".

They are not complaining. They have chosen to Move on and achieve gr8 things in life more the the so called able body men & women.
Let's stop it, it is ur empathy that is weighing them down.

I don't know how many NLders richer than Oscar Pitrous of South Africa

13 Likes

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by izzy4shizzy(m): 10:45am On Nov 02, 2016
Ok
Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by Francis95(m): 10:46am On Nov 02, 2016
To God be the glory
Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by safarigirl(f): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2016
Warhawk:
why not?

If you watched the Paralympics, you'll feel like such a waste of limbs finally. Abi wetin you don use your two legs and hands achieve?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by Onyenna(m): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2016
Wow!
Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by Pidggin(f): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2016
God bless you dear

1 Like

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by EzeeYFB(m): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2016
And she is beautiful ooo

3 Likes

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by deflover(m): 10:48am On Nov 02, 2016
what's with gals and turning thier backs to take a picture. ... will her mess also show in the pic
you be amputee but you dey turn show yansh lol
Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by francis247(m): 10:49am On Nov 02, 2016
I'm touched.
Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2016
Keep on strong beauty. Thats the spirit.

1 Like

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by ItsawrapOutfit: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2016
I celebrate you

2 Likes

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by Thisis2raw(m): 10:52am On Nov 02, 2016
With this kind of sound mind, with or without a limb. The sky is still her limit

1 Like

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by mizjules(f): 10:54am On Nov 02, 2016
Warhawk:
You think it's easy?? There are so many that can't rise above their challenges. Yet someone is here and you acting like a child

1 Like

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 02, 2016
deflover:
what's with gals and turning thier backs to take a picture. ...
will her mess also show in the pic
you be amputee but you dey turn show yansh lol

Do how u talk. You and ur likes. U need to give her ur inspirations not talking to her anyhow. If it were u ,can u bet strong like she did? Ask ur self that question. Goodday!

1 Like

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by fourthworld: 10:55am On Nov 02, 2016
lewispius:
This lovely 20-year-old Nigerian lady named Doris, is celebrating 7 years of being an amputee. The beauty took to her IG page to share these lovely photos with an inspirational message.

She wrote:

“TODAY I STILL REJOICE!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME!

TODAY MAKES IT THE 7TH YEAR OF MY SURVIVAL. I SHALL REJOICE DURING THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER BECAUSE THIS IS THE MONTH THAT I HAD MY RIGHT LEG AMPUTATED. WHEN GOD DECIDED THAT I CAN BE A BETTER PERSON THAN WHAT I THOUGHT I MIGHT HAVE BEEN.

NOVEMBER – THE MONTH WHEN I STEPPED INTO THE GRAVEL ROAD, IT WAS NEVER EASY; THE PAIN, TEARS, HEARTBREAK, TORTURE, DEPRESSION AND ALL THE NEGATIVE VICES YOU CAN IMAGINE.

AFTER ACCEPTING MYSELF FOR WHO I AM, TODAY I KNOW HAPPINESS, LOVE, CARE, FAITH, HOPE, STRENGTH AND VISION WITH A PURPOSE TO BE ALIVE BECAUSE I NEVER GAVE UP. I WAS NOT CURSED BUT GOD CHOSE ME TO BE HIS LIVING TESTIMONY. HE MADE IT A POINT THAT I AM DIFFERENT FROM MAJORITY. LOOK AT ME 7 YEARS LATER, I AM A QUEEN AND I HAVE BEEN POSITIVE.

I AM 20 YEARS OLD, I AM A CONFIDENT YOUNG WOMAN. I BELIEVE THAT DISABILITY IS ATTITUDE. I BELIEVE I’M NO DIFFERENCE FROM ANY WOMAN AND I CANNOT BE DEFINED LESS THAN THAT.

BASICALLY, I CHOOSE NOT TO BE DEFINED BY MY CHALLENGES. SO IN MY 7 YEARS AS AN AMPUTEE, I HAVE LEARNED TO HAVE SELF-LOVE, MY CLUTCHES ARE MY BEST ACCESSORIES. I ALWAYS HAVE MY BEAUTIFUL SMILE AS MY MAKE-UP. IT DEFINES ME BEFORE THE WORLD. IT IS THE VOICE TO MY SILENCE.

I SEE SO MUCH FAITH IN MYSELF AND IT SCARES ME. TO THINK OF WHERE I HAVE BEEN AND WHERE I AM GOING MAKES ME EMOTIONAL. I WILL CHANGE THE WORLD TOMORROW!

I AM HAPPY WITH OR WITHOUT A LIMB!! FOOTNOTE:
 THAT SOMETHING WONDERFUL IS GOING TO HAPPEN EVEN WITH ALL THE UPS AND DOWNS.
 NEVER TAKE A DAY FOR GRANTED.
 CHERISH THE LITTLE THINGS AND HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE.
 NO PAIN, NO GAIN.
 I BELIEVE WE ARE ALL BOUND TO FACE CHALLENGES AND WHEN THEY COME, WE HAVE GOT TO BE STRONG.
#7YEARS_ANNIVERSARY #AMPUTEE_WITH_BIG_DREAMS #DISABILITY_IS_ATTITUDE #CONFIDENT_QUEEN”

http://gistreel.com/2016/11/02/20-year-old-nigerian-lady-celebrates-7-years-of-being-an-amputee/

You are extremely beautiful girl

5 Likes

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by Opistorincos(m): 10:56am On Nov 02, 2016
I don't see the sense in this
Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by DONSMITH123(m): 10:56am On Nov 02, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 02, 2016
kenonze:
cool

They are not complaining. They have chosen to Move on and achieve gr8 things in life more the the so called able body men & women.

Stop barking.

1 Like

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by nextprince: 10:57am On Nov 02, 2016
kenonze:
cool

O boy see correct yearn. Truly some people wey dey show yeye sympathy no dey live beta pass dis babe. Ya head dey dere jawe

1 Like

Re: 7 Years Of Being An Amputee, Lady Celebrates (Photos) by ibroh22(m): 10:57am On Nov 02, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BANANA: Very Interesting Facts. / Trader Scratches His Dirty Foot With Knife Used In Cutting Watermelon (Video) / 241 New COVID-19 Cases, 117 Discharged And 15 Deaths On June 2 - (3916 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.