Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,530 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline (20649 Views)

IPOB Members' Corpses Found In A Bush In Abia - SunNewsOnline / House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States / Senate Rejects Devolution Of Powers To States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by NewsPoacher: 10:26am On Nov 02, 2016
http://sunnewsonline.com/atiku-calls-for-decentralisation-of-powers/

— 2nd November 2016

From Petrus Obi, Enugu

Former vice president Alhaji Atiku Abubakar said diversification with continued concentration of power and resources in a central government would slow down the achievement of freedom, development and advancement of the society.

Atiku who was the chairman of the African Veterinary Association (AVA) and the Nigerian Veterinary Medical Association (NVMA) Congress held in Enugu yesterday said, “if we diversify the economy but still let the state dominate economic activities as a major investor and competitor against the private sector, we will be unable to unleash our peoples’ productive and entrepreneurial energies.”

Atiku who described the theme of the congress: “The vets and economic diversification in Africa” as apt, said one cannot expect a state that confiscates economic resources such as rent to genuinely and enthusiastically promote diverse economic activities.
“Can we realistically expect such a state to embark on the political difficult task of levying and collecting taxes from its citizens and allowing itself to be held accountable?” he queried.

He challenged the congress to “consider these issues and the role of democratic government in the quest for the diversification of Africa’s economies.

“Does it help or hurt for people to have a say in how they are governed including economic governance, policy development and the accountability of leaders?”

He urged the two professional bodies, AVA and NVMA, to play a critical role in improving African agriculture, especially veterinary health and the quantity and quality of the country’s animal protein intake as well as the prospects of earning vital foreign exchange from exporting meat and dairy products to the rest of the world.

“What should Africa’s position be on genetically modified organisms (GMOs), to what extent should Africa embrace GMOs as a way to improve our agriculture and nutrition? What are the risks, if any? You can help with evidence-based advice to Africa’s governments rather than one governed by fad, fear or paranoia.”

He further tasked them not to forget to work to improve their profession, starting with improvements in veterinary education and training as well as professional regulations, to ensure high quality and ethical practices.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by NewsPoacher: 10:30am On Nov 02, 2016
Something tells me Atiku might likely take another stab at running for President, with Federalism and Decentralization of Powers as his mantra -- hopefully it's not another scam in the making, like the current occupier of the seat cheesy. When they get there finish they then remember that Nigeria's unity and current structure is immutable and 'non-negotiable'. Unless he's schemed out of contention by the Aso Rock Cabal, I reckon he'll stand a better chance than he did the last time around.

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by bugidon(m): 10:57am On Nov 02, 2016
I don't think all these northern criminals will be in support of decentralization

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:58am On Nov 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Desperation. ..........

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by richidinho(m): 10:59am On Nov 02, 2016
This man will make a good president

21 Likes

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by MrEverest(m): 11:16am On Nov 02, 2016
Even Atiku knows that this the solution to many of Nigeria's problem yet the dullard keeps decieving himself and his zombie followers!!

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by gidgiddy: 11:32am On Nov 02, 2016
bugidon:
I don't think all these northern criminals will be in support of decentralization

Of course they wont be in support. And if Atiku runs again for Presidency and makes decentralisation his mantra, the Northern Oligarchy will label him a 'traitor of the North' and that will be the end of his political career. The only reason Atiku can talk about decentralisation at this point is because he is not running for any office

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by RockHard: 1:02pm On Nov 02, 2016
cheesy
Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by Ratello: 1:24pm On Nov 02, 2016
Atiku is definitely on a mission and if you ask me, I will just reply that "Nigeria should not allow a core Northerner into the Presidency again" they have nothing upstairs to offer. Atiku is only warming his way into the hearts of minority North and Southerners with his "decentralization hogwash" only the discerning minds can read this and comprehend

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by Splinz(m): 2:08pm On Nov 02, 2016
No doubt, Atiku is up to something. Anyways, he would have been a better choice last year, compare to that colossal failure of a man from Daura.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by Diplomaticbeing(m): 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2016
Castigate him all you want, yet as far as I am concerned, he is one among the few elite that understand what democracy is all about. And by extension, he always has good intentions towards the country in particular and its populace in general.

I am a strong proponent of decentralization of power.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by jimi4us: 3:10pm On Nov 02, 2016
Atiku is educated, while buhari is an illiterate. God why do you want to punish Nigeria like this.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by computer0810(m): 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
i still can't believe i supported an illiterate that i can hardly understand his accent as president......anyway Gej was not an option but a fantastic thief

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by siraj1402(m): 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
Which of the power? Electrical or Mechanical?
Atiku was in power with obasanjo for good 8 years, why can't he advised him since that will be good for Nigerians and let Obasajo reject it. Nigerians would have known he is the best option.
#Like Atiku like jimoh dagboru of Ondo State .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by Ikpangi: 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
Atiku u again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by Jay542(m): 3:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
Until they flush out corruption, decentralization of powers is just a waste of time. It's step by step.

It's so sad that every corrupt leader thinks they have a say.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by yanabasee(m): 3:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
I've always said that the reason behind OBJ's constant veneration against Atiku's presidential aspiration is simply becoz Atiku will make a better president and has the Country at heart with excellent visions to revamp this country to tasteful height...

Nigerians will always make silly mistakes of voting old men... Atiku is young and vibrant.. He won't be voted in now until he's 72years old.. Where zombies will bring him in and expect him to perform miracles like in d case of Baba daura...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by EnEnPeecee: 3:16pm On Nov 02, 2016
Reasonable!

It is only some never-do-wells who always quivered at the mention of restructuring.

Very lazy sets of parasitic animals who always want to continually tap and milk the host till eternity.

undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by Ikpangi: 3:16pm On Nov 02, 2016
After when u have stole all our monies?

1 Like

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by QTEST007(m): 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2016
WOOING D MASSES

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by chemicalDisease: 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
2019 campaign.
for him he will do otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by QuietHammer(m): 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
Zombies and wailers, behold your next president

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by Ikpangi: 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
Ratello:
Atiku is definitely on a mission and if you ask me, I will just reply that "Nigeria should not allow a core Northerner into the Presidency again" they have nothing upstairs to offer. Atiku is only warming his way into the hearts of minority North and Southerners with his "decentralization hogwash" only the discerning minds can read this and comprehend
Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by Ikpangi: 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2016
U r on point

1 Like

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by DONSMITH123(m): 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2016
mtchew
Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by jeff1993: 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]pls ooooo .... help me tell atiku dat obj is laughing at him in Spanish

1 Like

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by pembisco(m): 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2016
NewsPoacher:
Something tells me Atiku might likely take another stab at running for President, with Federalism and Decentralization of Powers as his mantra -- hopefully it's not another scam in the making, like the current occupier of the seat cheesy. When they get there finish they then remember that Nigeria's unity and current structure is immutable and 'non-negotiable'. Unless he's schemed out by the Aso Rock Cabal, I reckon he'll stand a better chance than he did the last time around.
...saw this in Yola yesterday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by friendly101: 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2016
we need new, vibrant and young mind for this seat and not all this old cargos rotating the power like its belongs to their family............... lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Again, Atiku Calls For Decentralisation Of Powers - Sunnewsonline by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2016
Atiku for President 2019

Come and run in PDP

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Tony Blair Meet At Aso Villa / Comparing PDP With A "Progressive" APC Is Untenable - APC Replies Jega / APC Reschedules Sale Of Nomination Forms, Sends Directors On Compulsory Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.