Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,337 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital (28010 Views)

7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital / 6 Alarming Signs You Are Definitely Not Fit / Baby Born Without Ear In A Nigerian Hospital Due To Use Of Contraceptives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by Senorprinz(m): 12:29pm On Nov 02, 2016
stephen2016:
Recently went to the hospital, the doc told my my chest is not clear, gave me a bill of 16k, I was like what!! just write the drugs I will get them outside. Little did I know I was moving from frying pan to fire. Took the prescription to the Pharmacy and they lady there after making up herself, told me the first drug on the list has 5 pieces in a pack and a piece is 5K and I have to finish 6 pieces and she doesnt sell one piece so I have to buy 2 packs ( thats about 50k) . I was like oh no....let me just go home and die.....Dont know what is wrong with this country...
so, did you later die?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
Lol

Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by DrObum(m): 12:45pm On Nov 02, 2016
Beehshorp:
Recently, I walked into a Nigerian hospital.. I had small issues wid my health.. Dat wasn't the first time it happened and I knew d solution was just one dose on injection and some tabs.. So after the injection nd d tabs, the head nurse decided I stayed further to meet the doctor.. So I decided I needed rest so dey gave me a room and a bed which I paid for In order to sleep and wait for d doc.. Lo and behold I saw dem entering my room wid drip oo.. I was like wtf.. I don't want.. But after much convincing based on before it finish doctor would v returned.. So I used dat one to pass time.. To cut the long story short after dat drip I spent 3 days in dat hospital taking more drip.. Me wey use leg waka enter no get power to use leg waka comot again oo
grin grin grin
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by FuckYouMods: 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2016
Debaddest:

See ur face and u ar saying Laugh My Ass Out, u well?
that's an expression of a dry joke
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2016
very boring article
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by AuroraB(f): 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2016
Not true undecided
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by BlazeteksBlog: 12:54pm On Nov 02, 2016
babasolo:
what is more painful is the cost of drugs at their pharmacy.....went to Bishop murray hospital, the money you use ti buy one drug can purchase all the drugs on that list out side..you will even have transport..

Damn, which hospital be that abeg

Commenting from www.blazeteks.com
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by lqdy(f): 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
lol[color=]lol[/color]lol
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by stephen2016: 1:10pm On Nov 02, 2016
Senorprinz:
so, did you later die?

Yeah I died, but my ghost is still on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 02, 2016
you forgot to add that they must include vitamin c and paracetamol for any and everything that is wrong with you!!!
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by Blessograo(f): 1:43pm On Nov 02, 2016
[quote author=emamos post=50702689][/quote]
Well as a medical student outside Nigeria my reply goes thus:
Well there are reasons for everything, I know some hospitals takes their jobs as jokes but there are reasons for some of the complains posted and here are the answers:
for complaints 1$2 some people or let me say the nurses don't just know when not to talk and what not to talk about
They don't know their boundaries, the receptionist are just to lazy to do their jobs
For no 3. The reason patients are delayed and allowed to watch TV or do something is because patients have to be fully settled before they can take their vital signs because some patients actually try to alter their pulse or they might even be rushing down to the hospital and if their b.p is taken immediately it will be hypertensive or a normal. Even some patients intentionally breathe heavily either to seek attention or for psychological reasons best known to them.
4. Local or poor managed hospitals have that smell. Why use Izal when deol or safe garden is available?
5. Depends on the symptoms you show but I still think a test should be done.
6. Some patients come to hospital to get drugs that pharmacies refuse to offer until they see a doctor's recommendation and mist of these patients are addicts to those drugs because and they know an hospital is a platform get the drugs without suspicions all they have to follow you get such drugs is to tender the complains they just read on Internet and get the drug they want.
7. They reason for they high price I don't know but doctors have to get back they tuition fee from anywhere they can and offer their medical services in return and also to help in equipping the hospital. It's better you pay 100,000 and get yourself back together than pay 3,000 for poor health services and no equipments. But still money or no money patients should be treated equally.

1 Like

Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by Exponental(m): 2:24pm On Nov 02, 2016
Op must be sick therefore visits the hospital very often. If I may ask, what are you suffering from?
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by tunnamaniah(m): 2:47pm On Nov 02, 2016
BjDreamchaser:

Op this just described everything about Uch Ibadan. Nothing is free there, even the nylon bag that is being used to package your drugs in their pharmacy. Some of their staff too will be frowning and speaking harshly asif they are not being paid for the job they are doing. That place is worst!
U fucking CH, d most terrible hospital on planet E, my experience for dah place Na nightmare, money choping mofos, I no even pray to pass dat hospital frontgate again.
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by BjDreamchaser(m): 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2016
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by BjDreamchaser(m): 2:57pm On Nov 02, 2016
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by nsamchizzy: 3:51pm On Nov 02, 2016
stephen2016:
Recently went to the hospital, the doc told my my chest is not clear, gave me a bill of 16k, I was like what!! just write the drugs I will get them outside. Little did I know I was moving from frying pan to fire. Took the prescription to the Pharmacy and they lady there after making up herself, told me the first drug on the list has 5 pieces in a pack and a piece is 5K and I have to finish 6 pieces and she doesnt sell one piece so I have to buy 2 packs ( thats about 50k) . I was like oh no....let me just go home and die.....Dont know what is wrong with this country...

The doctor wan help you die your die...lol
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2016

There is that IZAL smell
It seems like almost every hospital in Nigeria, especially the public ones, made a decision that they would use IZAL, a strong and very pungent disinfectant, to clean their environs. This smell usually is nauseating, especially when the toilet is not properly cleaned and the offensive odour of faeces and urine mixes with the disinfectant.

some private hospitals use it too.

the smell of that disinfectant makes me want to throw up.

it's smells horrible!
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
different strokes for different folks:
on the 13th of September 2016 an 8 foot fence collapsed on me instantly paralysing me with a 2inch depth of injury on the left wrists .
I was admitted to FMC Umuahia the speed at which the Accident and Emergency unit handled my case was satisfactorily unbelievable. When the moved me to the ward(crowther) The Orthopedic Team led by one 'angel of a man' gave me the a type of care I least expected.
The ward was so clean and all the nurses were good. Imagine those type of nurse who will care even in they absence of your caregiver.

Today am a friend to the team of doctors and nurses who treated me at Crowther ward FMC Umuahia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by olfet: 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2016
ONE FEDERAL ORTHOPAEDICS HOSPITAL LAGOS IS A VERY GOOD CASE STUDY. MAY THY LORD HELP US O
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by favexx(f): 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2016
adaksbullet:
Ninja horsepitu his bad en angry

I'm remembered wen one off the norse his telled me am haves HIV wen am sayed am alway haved briantrobu shocked shocked

Mine hert his jus do somehow that day en, am stat too dashed mine tins too ppl cos am tot I we died soon angry angry angry angry

Whot his payed me his am gived ppl mine ifone8 shocked

Whot am I say sef undecided undecided undecided
I wonder how I wasted my time reading this...u funny well. what am I say sef undecided

1 Like

Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by laudate: 7:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
armadeo:
Lol
No 1 is mostly true. Not a bad thing though depending on how the nurse puts it across. After all the nurse should be able to give advice on weight.

Yes, ke? The nurse too wants to show off her knowledge by making fun of you. Some of them even ask you cheekily: "How long have you been this skinny or fat?" as if they want to prescribe one medication for you to alter your weight.

armadeo:
No 2 is only for poorly run private clinics. Even in government hospitals that's really rare.
Taa! How many govt hospitals have you been too? It is only govt hospitals without DSTV or GOTV that you will not find this kind of situation. If it is a govt hospital in Lagos with cable TV, forgerrit!

armadeo:
No 3 is true for busy private clinics and most govt hospitals.

Delays are common in both public and private hospitals, due to the unbalanced patient-doctor ratio. But na govt hospitals get Ph.d for ungodly delay. I have spent 5 hours on the queue in a govt hospital before, waiting to see a doctor. By the time I eventually saw the doctor my body temperature had grown worse and risen by over 5 points.

armadeo:

No4, well health is wealth. No need to come with one germ and leave with 100.

No 5 again poorly managed hospitals

No 6 only in private clinics. How do you expect them to make thier money. Government hospitals don't care if you buy from them or outside hence you see many pharmacies surrounding them.

No7: isn't everything pricey these days

Bros, for No. 5, it occurs in several hospitals, not just poorly managed ones. As for No. 7, pricey get degrees. Why should a private hospital charge me =N=2,000 naira for one satchet of 10 tablets of panadol, which costs =N=150 in a reputable pharmacy outside the hospital? Haba!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by harriet412(f): 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
angryThat was how one nurse had to argue my age with me , she said I looked to young for my age undecided ... she had the guts to call my mum and still ask .
The thing just tire me...
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by hope4life: 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
Mologi:
u must go home with a packet of paracetamol....

I dont know why every drugs must contain paracetamol
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by armadeo(m): 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
laudate:

Yes, ke? The nurse too wants to show off her knowledge by making fun of you. Some of them even ask you cheekily: "How long have you been this skinny or fat?" as if they want to prescribe one medication for you to alter your weight.

Taa! How many govt hospitals have you been too? It is only govt hospitals without DSTV or GOTV that you will not find this kind of situation. If it is a govt hospital in Lagos with cable TV, forgerrit!

Delays are common in both public and private hospitals, due to the unbalanced patient-doctor ratio. But na govt hospitals get Ph.d for ungodly delay. I have spent 5 hours on the queue in a govt hospital before, waiting to see a doctor. By the time I eventually saw the doctor my body temperature had grown worse and risen by over 5 points.

Bros, for No. 5, it occurs in several hospitals, not just poorly managed ones. As for No. 7, pricey get degrees. Why should a private hospital charge me =N=2,000 naira for one satchet of 10 tablets of panadol, which costs =N=150 in a reputable pharmacy outside the hospital? Haba!!

Lol. This guy you dey vex oh.

1 Like

Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by LoveJesus87(m): 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
Beehshorp:
Recently, I walked into a Nigerian hospital.. I had small issues wid my health.. Dat wasn't the first time it happened and I knew d solution was just one dose on injection and some tabs.. So after the injection nd d tabs, the head nurse decided I stayed further to meet the doctor.. So I decided I needed rest so dey gave me a room and a bed which I paid for In order to sleep and wait for d doc.. Lo and behold I saw dem entering my room wid drip oo.. I was like wtf.. I don't want.. But after much convincing based on before it finish doctor would v returned.. So I used dat one to pass time.. To cut the long story short after dat drip I spent 3 days in dat hospital taking more drip.. Me wey use leg waka enter no get power to use leg waka comot again oo
Lmao grin grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by LoveJesus87(m): 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
fathomberry:
OP arrange your post na, haba
Hello dear. How you doing? smiley
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by Q12(m): 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2016
I just saw this in Vanguard newspaper and most if not all are true. Our main problem is not really the personnel but the Goverment. You need to see how much we allocate to health.

Check this out: https://www.nairaland.com/3444409/what-nigeria-spends-health-infographic#50731437

My friend said that it makes him sick.
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by karleone(m): 3:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
PaperLace:
chai.
My HMO kinda forcefully assigned me to Living Word Hospital Aba.
Yes, this is a call out o!

I went there, after searching for my file for over an hour_ they said they can't find it that I should go and come back the next day. I've never seen anything like that in my life.
I don't even want to talk about their toilet!

Tufiakwa!!!

You mean the Living Word hospital in Ogbor Hill??
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2016
karleone:

You mean the Living Word hospital in Ogbor Hill??

The one at Abayi, towards Osisioma.
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by fathomberry: 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2016
LoveJesus87:
Hello dear. How you doing? smiley
who you?
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by LoveJesus87(m): 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2016
fathomberry:

who you?
is dat how u talk to ur ancestors? angry or abi u no sabi ur ancestors again ni grin
Re: 7 Funny Signs You Are In A Nigerian Hospital by Habyz(m): 11:37am On Nov 11, 2017
Which hospital is the OP using undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Doctors To Now Treat Gunshot Wounds Without Police Report / Here Are 5 Tips To Treat Conjunctivitis (apollo) / Enugu Announces New Confirmed Case Of COVID-19, Reveals Next Line Of Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.