Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,867 members, 7,813,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Nigeria's Biggest Logistics Co. Shutdown Operation In Nigeria: Relocates Ghana - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria's Biggest Logistics Co. Shutdown Operation In Nigeria: Relocates Ghana (1877 Views)

Naij.com Nigeria's Biggest Online News Platform Is Recruiting / Job Vacancy At Glaxosmithkline, Nigeria's Biggest Pharmaceutical Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Biggest Logistics Co. Shutdown Operation In Nigeria: Relocates Ghana by NigeriaKitchen: 4:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
BREAKING NEWS: Nigeria's Biggest Logistics Company Shutdown Operation in Nigeria to Relocate to Ghana Permanently!

Everyday as one wakes up in Nigeria, the harsh reality of the economy recession stares at ones' face with more and more foreign and indigenous companies folding up due to unfavorable operating environment.

Within a short period of one year, Nigeria has witnessed the shutting down of companies across all sectors of the economy; from transport to logistics, shipping to manufacturing, finance to insurance, oil and gas to construction, leading to over 50,000 loss of jobs in Nigeria since the last one year.

This harsh reality of the current economy recession in Nigeria has led to mass emigration of Nigerian youths to various countries like United States of America, Canada, Australia, Qatar, UAE, Germany, China, Turkey, Kenya, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Malaysia, Singapore, etc, in search of greener pastures without considering whether their destination country would favour them or not.

More heartbreaking is the fact that countries like US, Canada, Australia, China, Germany, Malaysia, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc are making huge money from the misery of Nigerians through visa application and processing fees.

The latest of the sad news of companies shutting down in Nigeria is that of Stellar Nigeria, one of the biggest Logistics companies in Nigeria, and a member of the Stellar Africa group owned by a prestigious British shipping mogul (Hullblyte Nigeria) with highest stake in the Nigerian shipping sector, and headed by Tinubu's in-law, Christian Holms, which employed over 200 Nigerians in the past.

The news of Stellar Logistics Nigeria's shutdown didn't come as a surprise to the large staff base because the company has been struggling to remain in business since the end of last year that Naira began a free fall to US dollar, leading to high running cost and unbearable losses for the company.

Stellar Nigeria shutdown left no fewer than 100 workers jobless, as these Nigerians have been forced back to the labour market due to Nigeria's current economy recession.

According to inside story from the company's top management, Stellar Nigeria as a whole will be shutting down operation completely in December to relocate permanently to Ghana where it operates one of the biggest Logistics/Trucking business in Sub-Saharan Africa.

This is a wake up call to Nigerian government that all is not well with Nigeria at all, and the government of the day must do all it can to make sure this recession ends in 2016 to avoid increase in crime and breakdown of law.

It is no longer time to blame the opposition or the incumbent government, all Nigerians irrespective of party affliction, religion, tribe, sentiment or belief, must put heads together to revive Nigeria's economy for the good of all Nigerians before things get worst even though it seems so already.

As part of the government's efforts to revive the Nigerian economy, the president must listen to constructive criticisms from both its supporters and opposition and do fast to reshuffle the current cabinet and bring in proven experts and tecnocrats to help change the situation for good. We can't be doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result, things doesn't work that way, it is time to work the talk by implementing the ruling party's slogan of CHANGE, by making sure a change of cabinet members is done sooner than later to bring about the promised change.

God bless Nigerians, and may God bless Nigeria.

Source: http://www.ngnblog.com/2016/11/nigerias-biggest-logistics-company.html

Re: Nigeria's Biggest Logistics Co. Shutdown Operation In Nigeria: Relocates Ghana by ihimiray(m): 5:19pm On Nov 02, 2016
Hope they don't come back when the recession is over, we going through a phase and when we overcome... I no Wan see them

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Biggest Logistics Co. Shutdown Operation In Nigeria: Relocates Ghana by holatin(m): 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
Yawn
Re: Nigeria's Biggest Logistics Co. Shutdown Operation In Nigeria: Relocates Ghana by NigeriaKitchen: 6:59pm On Nov 02, 2016
ihimiray:
Hope they don't come back when the recession is over, we going through a phase and when we overcome... I no Wan see them
Our prayer is for the recession to end soonest so Nigerians can once again enjoy a booming economy with increasing high-paying job opportunities and middle class population smiley

Cc: uboma, davide470, lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Biggest Logistics Co. Shutdown Operation In Nigeria: Relocates Ghana by lollmaolol(m): 10:20pm On Nov 02, 2016
ihimiray:

I pray we overcome ooo.

But remember this is true- average NIgerian will work 5x harder than a Canadian, American or British works to sustain.

Dont ask me for source. Do your research! Shola who traveled to Canada 2 years ago just completed his mansion in Lagos.

To to realistic With my current 100k salary and economy, I'm not sure I can achieve that in such time frame , except baba God pick up the call.

It's disheartening.
Re: Nigeria's Biggest Logistics Co. Shutdown Operation In Nigeria: Relocates Ghana by ihimiray(m): 10:39pm On Nov 02, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:
Our prayer is for the recession to end soonest so Nigerians can once again enjoy a booming economy with increasing high-paying job opportunities and middle class population smiley

Cc: uboma, davide470, lalasticlala
amen and God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Biggest Logistics Co. Shutdown Operation In Nigeria: Relocates Ghana by ihimiray(m): 10:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
lollmaolol:

I pray we overcome ooo.

But remember this is true- average NIgerian will work 5x harder than a Canadian, American or British works to sustain.

Dont ask me for source. Do your research! Shola who traveled to Canada 2 years ago just completed his mansion in Lagos.

To to realistic With my current 100k salary and economy, I'm not sure I can achieve that in such time frame , except baba God pick up the call.

It's disheartening.
yea bro I know, but we have to be pray for our dear country... We will overcome it soonest
Re: Nigeria's Biggest Logistics Co. Shutdown Operation In Nigeria: Relocates Ghana by afanide: 11:38pm On Nov 02, 2016
Baba is doing something about it.
The worst is all these don't move him
This makes me wonder if he's a ROBOT..
Re: Nigeria's Biggest Logistics Co. Shutdown Operation In Nigeria: Relocates Ghana by Aremu01(m): 5:50am On Nov 03, 2016
Safe journey to them
Re: Nigeria's Biggest Logistics Co. Shutdown Operation In Nigeria: Relocates Ghana by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 03, 2016
Serious Magana
Re: Nigeria's Biggest Logistics Co. Shutdown Operation In Nigeria: Relocates Ghana by jiinxed: 8:36am On Nov 03, 2016
ihimiray:

What steps are being taken to curb/tackle the recession? Instead, your clueless _presidiot is making matters worse with his stupid utterances.
Re: Nigeria's Biggest Logistics Co. Shutdown Operation In Nigeria: Relocates Ghana by NigeriaKitchen: 9:45am On Nov 03, 2016
ihimiray:
amen and God bless you
and you too smiley

(1) (Reply)

Crystalcrumbs Test And Interview Invite / . / I Need Directions To 5a Banana Close Ajao Estate From Oshodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.