Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,559 members, 7,827,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri (62923 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Visits Governor Wike In Rivers State(Photos) / Buhari's 75th Birthday: Maryam Abacha And Fati Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock / Babangida, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Mamman Vatsa In Secondary School Bida.Throwback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2016
ianSweet:

Kogi needs the north my foot.
I really dont blame core northerners. Our middlebelt leaders and elders have sold our identity.
True spirit of the great white north my foot. Every action of a united north is always centred on satisfying hausa-fulani expansionism. We are wiser now. Things will soon change.

Woman! I swear the middlebelt can start a republic of their own if they want but small fry people with delusional thinking like you cant outnumber those with progressive minds. The foot print and spirit of the great white north runs too deep in the north central for that to work. Installing gowon was in the spirit of hausa or fulani expansionism yeah? You dont know what youre saying. What you consider wisdom i consider myopic thinking.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ianSweet(f): 8:41pm On Nov 03, 2016
Presidiotbuhari:

^^^
Get this streight, anyone/people who falls under the umbrela of 19 northern states is un-adulterated ABBOKI

Yes, can we also say everyone who falls under the 17 southern states is a ritualist, militant and product of baby factory, whether yoruba, igbo, ijaw, Calabar or Edo?

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 03, 2016
ianSweet:

Very good. For google to tell u dat 53% of Chadians are muslims, this should tell u dat the population is almost equal, the northern chadians r mostly muslims while the southern christians and animists make up the remainder. So why did u tell me that i was not close in the beginning??

Of course Zazagawas will vote Namadi but a large portion of them being Zazagawa christians.
Most southern kaduna indigene muslims always vote Buhari afterall and that did not make them Zaria people.

The second largest group in chad constitutes christians who are not up to 40 percent. Stop grouping them with animists and atheists. Again between muslims and christians, its not even close!

Why are you choosing to be foolish? Honestly i face palmed myself when i read this. Your thoughts reek of the most unadulterated form of stupidity! I told you a lot of muslim zazzagawas, people i know voted for namadi. And youre saying of course its because they christians! Seriously, are you re.tarded? Im being serious here! Next thing youll tell me christians outnumber muslims in zaria. Bare paigon!

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ianSweet(f): 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2016
namuguibe:
Now Southerners speak different languages. All people in the north speak Hausa.

I am from Kogi and hausa is as strange as Chinese in my state. We the Igala people call Hausa people AKECHI (which means people who speak strange languages). We even tend to understand Igbo and Yoruba more. So pls what are u saying.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ianSweet(f): 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

The second largest group in chad constitutes christians who are not up to 40 percent. Stop grouping them with animists and atheists. Again between muslims and christians, its not even close!

Why are you choosing to be foolish? Honestly i face palmed myself when i read this. Your thoughts reek of the most unadulterated form of stupidity! I told you a lot of muslim zazzagawas, people i know voted for namadi. And youre saying of course its because they christians! Seriously, are you re.tarded? Im being serious here! Next thing youll tell me christians outnumber muslims in zaria. Bare paigon!

The christians and animists are usually classified together because they are from one region and same tribes in the south than the north which is muslim populated.

Some igbos voted Buhari, so why will i ever doubt a hausa man voting GEJ? All i ever said and still say is that majority of GEJ voters in Zaria or anywhere in Kaduna are christians.
Not all of us are extremists pls.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2016
ianSweet:

The christians and animists are usually classified together because they are from one region and same tribes in the south than the north which is muslim populated.

Some igbos voted Buhari, so why will i ever doubt a hausa man voting GEJ? All i ever said and still say is that majority of GEJ voters in Zaria or anywhere in Kaduna are christians.
Not all of us are extremists pls.

Yet they cant be as united and even if they were, the muslims would still have the upper hand.

What im saying is in 2011 muslims had more incentive to vote for GEJ because for one boko haram wasnt so strong back then. Try and comprehend simple statements. Again what do you mean by not all of us are extremists?
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by CzarChris(m): 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2016
I was educated on the extreme diversity of the North by my gateman 3 years ago. I called him abokii one day and he humbly corrected me that he is not Hausa, he called the name of one tribe in Taraba State where he is from.

But Northerners no blame us ooo, Y'all speak the same language

Shuuuuu.... NL don de redflag abokii?
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by 9jatatafo(m): 10:28pm On Nov 03, 2016
mondee02:

Get educated dear, don't say what you don't know, hausa speaks hausa, fulani speaks furfurde, gwari speaks gbagi.

they are all abokiis
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by mondee02(m): 10:41pm On Nov 03, 2016
9jatatafo:

they are all abokiis
I can see you love beeing ignorant, not everyone in the north is an aboki, hausa and fulani are muslims but 90% of gwaris are christians.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
mondee02:

I can see you love beeing ignorant, not everyone in the north is an abokki, hausa and fulani are muslims but 90% of gwaris are christians.

i truly cant stand filth like you. A southerner being this ignorant i can fathom but a northerner bowing his head to please a southerner even using a fooolish name meant to be derogatory when its not. Its truly shameful. i find people like you vile and repulsive.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Presidiotbuhari: 11:50pm On Nov 03, 2016
ianSweet:

Yes, can we also say everyone who falls under the 17 southern states is a ritualist, militant and product of baby factory, whether yoruba, igbo, ijaw, Calabar or Edo?
^^^
Ma-am/sir what u mentioned are vices that can be commited by any person regardless of tribe or ethnicity. While in the other hand ABBOKI is not a derogatory word, but rather a complimentary word used to address the people occupying the northern axis of nigeria.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by namuguibe(m): 1:30am On Nov 04, 2016
ianSweet:
I am from Kogi and hausa is as strange as Chinese in my state. We the Igala people call Hausa people AKECHI (which means people who speak strange languages). We even tend to understand Igbo and Yoruba more. So pls what are u saying.
Kogi is in the middle belt region of Nigeria. I have attached a map showing where Kogi is in Nigeria as you appear to be unaware of that fact. The main ethnic tribes in Kogi are Igala, Ebira, and Okun. So yes, Hausa should be foreign to you. You are not a northerner. It is clear from the map of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by mondee02(m): 2:40am On Nov 04, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

i truly cant stand filth like you. A southerner being this ignorant i can fathom but a northerner bowing his head to pleases a southerner even using a fooolish name meant to be derogatory when its not. Its truly shameful. i find people like you vile and repulsive.
Apology
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:41am On Nov 04, 2016
This idiot want to start another ethnic sentiment abi?the rubbish you wrote about Jonathan sent him back to OTUOKE and ignited IPOB.God will not allow you this time.Yeye man.Even if na monkey from Sambisa be president now,I no mind,all I need is good governance and food for my Belle.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by famosh: 6:25am On Nov 04, 2016
ianSweet:

No, the people of these states believed in the person of GEJ and not just PDP, middlebelt people vote for person and not party.
Stop deceiving yourself, oga. The only reason why he'll win in some middle belt states is because of his religion, & not because anyone believes in him. He personally has almost zero following in the north.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by 9jatatafo(m): 6:28am On Nov 04, 2016
mondee02:

I can see you love beeing ignorant, not everyone in the north is an aboki, hausa and fulani are muslims but 90% of gwaris are christians.

who are the gwaris and in which states can we find them?
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ianSweet(f): 8:16am On Nov 04, 2016
9jatatafo:

Gbagyis (Called Gwari by hausas) are the major ethnic group in Abuja (FCT).
They are the 2nd largest tribe in Niger state and they occupy Niger east senatorial district.
They are also found in about 3 LGAs in Nasarawa state (western part).
They are arguably the 2nd largest tribe in Kaduna state (southern kaduna), found in about 4 LGAs.
I also heard that they are in one LGA in Kogi state.

Gbagyi people in Kaduna state are overwhemingly christians, in FCT and Nasarawa, they are predominantly christians with significant muslim minority while in Niger state, they are like equally divided btw muslims and christians.

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ianSweet(f): 8:22am On Nov 04, 2016
famosh:

Stop deceiving yourself, oga. The only reason why he'll win in some middle belt states is because of his religion, & not because anyone believes in him. He personally has almost zero following in the north.

Yes i dont dispute the fact that religion contributed to it, but not for everyone.
U could see that comparing 2011 and 2015 election support for GEJ in the middlebelt, it was decreased. In Plateau state for instance, GEJ got only abt 60% of the state's vote in 2015, compared to 2011 where he got far higher. Can we say that the 40% votes Buhari got in Plateau were all from Muslims? Hell no!
Buhari won in Benue state in 2015, a middlebelt state with over 95% christians. U can see 4urself.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ianSweet(f): 8:25am On Nov 04, 2016
Presidiotbuhari:

^^^
Ma-am/sir what u mentioned are vices that can be commited by any person regardless of tribe or ethnicity. While in the other hand ABBOKI is not a derogatory word, but rather a complimentary word used to address the people occupying the northern axis of nigeria.

Aboki is a hausa word and u guys dont have the right to use it to describe non hausas who say they do not want it.
Imagine an Igbo man calling a Kogi person abokki, is that not madness?
U people can use that name on hausas but dont use it on middlebelters! Whether it is derogatory or not, we dont care. It is not our identity.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 04, 2016
ianSweet:

Aboki is a hausa word and u guys dont have the right to use it to describe non hausas who say they do not want it.
U people can use that name on hausas but dont use it on middlebelters! Whether it is derogatory or not, we dont care. It is not our identity.

Hypocrisy! Not that we care about the name but we never said we wanted it. What about fulanis, kanuris and others? They too are not hausas, why call them that? Lol! Your problem is you let the name bother you and thats exactly what they hope to achieve so as long as you keep kicking they wont stop. Me? Abokki and proud, they can all drink a cold cup of bleach.

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by famosh: 10:20am On Nov 04, 2016
ianSweet:

Yes i dont dispute the fact that religion contributed to it, but not for everyone.
U could see that comparing 2011 and 2015 election support for GEJ in the middlebelt, it was decreased. In Plateau state for instance, GEJ got only abt 60% of the state's vote in 2015, compared to 2011 where he got far higher. Can we say that the 40% votes Buhari got in Plateau were all from Muslims? Hell no!
Buhari won in Benue state in 2015, a middlebelt state with over 95% christians. U can see 4urself.
Your first sentence is the real response to my post. The remaining is very irrelevant. Those states are strong PDP states, & that's why he was able to win those states. Party first, & then religion are the major reasons why Jonathan will gather such number of votes in the north. PDP has become less popular among Nigerians over time & that's why buhari was able to defeat Jonathan in some of those States. On a normal ground, PDP would have defeated buhari in states like Adamawa, a core northern state. Party is also the reason why the Biafrans, a people that claim to be united & love themselves so much, abandoned their hero, Emeka Ojukwu, in 2003 presidential election under APGA to vote for PDP, a northern party.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Presidiotbuhari: 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2016
ianSweet:

^^^
Ok Peace. By the way I love the way u mashal out ur points, devoid of tanttrum, however I doubt ur feminity.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ZeroShenanigan(m): 7:43am On Nov 05, 2016
What about Yar'dua
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Unimaginable123: 9:39am On Nov 05, 2016
9jatatafo:

niger, abuja, kogi and kaduna
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Unimaginable123: 9:45am On Nov 05, 2016
ianSweet:

Jesus christ, because someone grew up in Tudun wada or Rigassa in Kaduna and met mostly muslims then he thinks the whole Kaduna are muslims. Smh
If a christian tells me that Kaduna is overwhemingly christian i will tell him to stop saying that. The fact that i have stayed in Sabon Tasha, Barnawa, Television, Kafanchan in Kaduna state and met almost only christians will never make me conclude Kaduna is overwhemingly christians.
Kaduna state has abt 23 LGAs, about half of the number of these LGAs are dominantly christians, likewise half muslims.
I support and agree with you 100%
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by 9jatatafo(m): 2:03pm On Nov 05, 2016
Unimaginable123:
niger, abuja, kogi and kaduna

thanks
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by cleoblizz332(f): 8:55am On Nov 06, 2016
Lol...thanks in as much we are not be recognised as north. We can be linked to the Yoruba's but north its absolutely no connection
VomeSchakleton:

Hypocrites and traitors. I spit on your shameless two faced kind. You are the worst kinds of filth and exactly what the north doesnt need.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 06, 2016
cleoblizz332:
Lol...thanks in as much we are not be recognised as north. We can be linked to the Yoruba's but north its absolutely no connection

You are very right. You people are not northerners, you never were never will be. You look speak and act like southerners as far as i or any core true blooded northerner should be concerned, you lot are not one of us.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by cleoblizz332(f): 10:58pm On Nov 07, 2016
Yes u don't need to repeat it over and over. We ate not northerners, that's clear
VomeSchakleton:

You are very right. You people are not northerners, you never were never will be. You look speak and act like southerners as far as i or any core true blooded northerner should be concerned, you lot are not one of us.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Gambit23: 10:53am On Jul 11, 2021
kayfra:
Abdul Salam isn't Hausa by any stretch. He is Gwari

No single Hausa man has ever ruled the country. They are the most marginalized of the big tribes

Hausa should first wrestle their homeland from the hands of fulani
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Sunday2021: 11:26am On Jul 11, 2021
when FFK said that this guy new love for North will make him a stupid person oneday. He should just leave the north alone..

Yakubu Gowon was not a fulani but he championed the majority fulani Born to rule mentality when he denied the country from practicing Confederation that would have indirectly benefited his region but Reno failed to analyze a common Northern mentality. u come to see that whether fulani,hausa or whatever...christian or moslem they think alike.
that is the thought of village igbos that never travel outside their potopoto region. Obasanjo do all the bidding of hausa fulani, is he also a Hausa man?
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Sunday2021: 11:27am On Jul 11, 2021
Presidiotbuhari:
embarassed
Abboki na abboki, wether from kogi, benue, jos, sambisa, kwara, kano or kafanchan all na thesame.... Smh
says a foool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari / Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery: Peter Obi Arrives Lagos / Meeting Of Southern Governors' Wives' Forum In Umuahia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.