Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,480 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG (20343 Views)

Properties Recovered So Far From Abdullahi Dikko, Ex-Custom Boss (Photos) / EFCC Recovers 17 Vehicles From Abdullahi Dikko, Ex-Comptroller Of Customs (pics) / "I Own Properties In Dubai" - Abdullahi Dikko (Sahara Reporters) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by JumiR: 12:41am On Nov 03, 2016
Alhaji Abdullahi Dikko, a former Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service(NCS), is said to have returned N1,040,000, 000 to the Federal Government. Dikko served as the head of customs between August 2009 and August 2015. He has been on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC) radar since the anti-graft agency established that about N40billion was diverted from the coffers of the NCS under his watch. The funds were allegedly drawn from proceeds of the seven per cent cost of collection and one per cent comprehensive import supervision scheme. He was then arrested by the EFCC in June 2016 and later released due to his poor health. The EFCC later seized a mansion{valued at N2billion} belonging to him located at 1 Audu Ogbeh Street, Jabi, Abuja. He is also believed to own properties in Dubai and in Katsina, his home state.

A source within the EFCC has however told PUNCH that Dikko has been returning money to the federal government.According to the source, “So far, Dikko has returned over N1bn. He returned N1bn and then N4m. He is still expected to return more money. The EFCC Act Section 71 (b) gives us the power to commence investigations into the property of any person if it appears to the EFCC that the person’s lifestyle and extent of properties are not justified by law. Section 28 says concerning those arrested under the Act, the commission will immediately trace and attach all the assets and seizures of such a person which have been acquired. Section 29 permits the assets of a person arrested under Section 28 to be seized by the state. Dikko was a customs officer and served for about 30 years. He has to explain where he got the money to buy a mansion of N2bn.”

http://dawntodusknews.com/ex-customs-boss-abdullahi-dikko-reportedly-returns-n1billion-fg/

3 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by mtchris(m): 12:46am On Nov 03, 2016
*chews carrot*

I don't even make noise on FTC

5 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by talktonase(m): 12:51am On Nov 03, 2016
The law is so unfair to the average man on the street who steals plantain but hellep me see this Dikko ko man Wey move billions and efcc is patronizing him to return one billion. undecided

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by Luckylife(m): 7:25am On Nov 03, 2016
All the recovered money should be use to boost the economy not borrowing to montage their children future.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by Inspectahdeck(m): 7:52am On Nov 03, 2016
Why do I find it so difficult to believe.

1billion naira CASH!

Where did he keep/store same?

How did he/they transport it?

Who and how long did it take to count same.

I support the fight against corruption, but they should take it easy abeg.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by agbangam: 7:59am On Nov 03, 2016
#1.4B shocked#... I don dieeeeeeee... Wetin we do these thieves dem naaah. Why are pple so heartless like dis. One fuuucking Billion just frm one man dat is mere civil servant. Oh gud God, y u send me come dis country sef
Aaaahhhh, jor democracy just doesn't fit dis country cos some pple deserve to be publicly shot.
Seriously we need an upright military man dat we take over dis country, do massive arrest of those dat have held public offices previously and Publicly Execute Everyone of dem Weekly especaily from 1999 cos d civilians are more corrupt dan their military counterpart.

29 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by blazetitov: 7:59am On Nov 03, 2016
If you have N1 billion and you spend N50,000 daily, you will spend N1 billion for 54.79years and someone stole N40 billion

Haba these guys practically ruined the country.

Its only sad that some people who don't earn up to N50,000 in a month while working their skin off will still come online and be shouting Witch hunting, rule of law, dictator, bla, bla bla.....

SMH undecided undecided undecided undecided

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by DropShot: 8:05am On Nov 03, 2016
The kain looting wey these baastards loot us for Nigeria no get mate for this world.

Yet they have those who are ready to lay down their life for a plate of porridge.

14 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by talktonase(m): 8:27am On Nov 03, 2016
Luckylife:
All the recovered money should be use to boost the economy not borrowing to montage their children future.
recovered funds can do little to save us...

9 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by agbangam: 8:31am On Nov 03, 2016
Na wa oooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by talktonase(m): 8:31am On Nov 03, 2016
Inspectahdeck:

1billion naira CASH!

its simple, dig a hole behind your house and bury it.I remember a politician campaigning Last year with 500 naira notes and this money had a 'standard trust bank' strap around it.This bank was merged with UBA more than a decade ago...

45 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by WorldRichest: 8:56am On Nov 03, 2016
Let us all thank Goatluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan. The very detribalized man that looted and shared our resources among his gang of looters from across all the tribes and ethnic groups in Nigeria. The ineffectual buffoon that promoted and encouraged corruption. Please let us all remember that the one billion naira returned by the customs chief is just about one percent of what the thief actually stole. Let us also remember that the one billion naira is far less than the 31 million dollars (31m * 400) in Mama Piss Sheppopo's Skye Bank account. Several other thieves who are GEJ friends still have billions in hidden accounts from Fayose to FFk, to Peter Odili, to Olu Fale, to Jim Nwobodo, to Ganiu Adams, to Northern Elders Forum, to Bafarawa who got 4.3 billion naira for spiritual purpose, to Raymond Dokpesi, to Olisah Metuh, what about the military chiefs? Alex Badeh, Olusola Amosu, e.t.c.the list of looters is endless.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by Turks: 9:03am On Nov 03, 2016
Saying he Returned it as though he found it lying fallow somewhere..

We sirLOOT his honesty grin...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by nigconnect(m): 9:03am On Nov 03, 2016
people way dey suppose jail for earth and hell angry

Signed.
Angry Nigerian

4 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:04am On Nov 03, 2016
blazetitov:
If you have N1 billion and you spend N50,000 daily, you will spend N1 billion for 54.79years and someone stole N40 billion

Haba these guys practically ruined the country.

Its only sad that some people who don't earn up to N50,000 in a month while working their skin off will still come online and be shouting Witch hunting, rule of law, dictator, bla, bla bla.....

SMH undecided undecided undecided undecided

You started by saying something reasonable like every patriotic Nigerian should, but ended up sounding like an APC sympathizer.

[b]No one is against fighting corruption, but we all want to see the fight against corruption taking a holistic approach.[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by DONSMITH123(m): 9:04am On Nov 03, 2016
Where all the money they've been returning?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 9:05am On Nov 03, 2016
Pls if you're in ilorin quote me grin

I'll buy you champagne!
Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by Neimar: 9:05am On Nov 03, 2016
puff puff

gboaa
Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by kolaaderin: 9:05am On Nov 03, 2016
Some mad and do no good people from the erosion ravaged enclaved will still be here to claim this to be witch hunt . 1 billion is just 1 percent of what he actually stole.

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by gurunlocker: 9:05am On Nov 03, 2016
In Nigeria, when you stole 1 million you get 90 years jail.... If you stole 40 billion, just refund 1 billion, your sin will be forgiven.... What a shameful country

8 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by computer0810(m): 9:05am On Nov 03, 2016
thank God we sent Gej away on time b4 him and his ppl milk us dry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 03, 2016
grin
Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by steppin: 9:06am On Nov 03, 2016
Bubu doesn't need to borrow money after all!
Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by teepsee(f): 9:06am On Nov 03, 2016
coolso this is what is on point now? Steal billions and return a million.

Naija i hail oo
Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by johnstar(m): 9:06am On Nov 03, 2016
Hmm na wa
Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by rusher14: 9:11am On Nov 03, 2016
His MFR OFR titles should be withdrawn forthwith.

7 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by Divinehenrich(m): 9:11am On Nov 03, 2016
Good one.
Why are must Nigeria leaders so heartless?
Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by Lasskeey: 9:12am On Nov 03, 2016
shocked
Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by iyatrustee(f): 9:14am On Nov 03, 2016
Inspectahdeck:

1billion naira CASH!

na wa oh
Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by sakalisis(m): 9:15am On Nov 03, 2016
undecided
Re: Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG by LastProphet: 9:16am On Nov 03, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

You started by saying something reasonable like every patriotic Nigerian should, but ended up sounding like an APC sympathizer.

[b]No one is against fighting corruption, but we all want to see the fight against corruption taking a holistic approach.[/b]

keep deceiving other flat skulls like you

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari / Southern Governors Wives Visit Aisha Buhari / Leo Ogor Could Be Sacked Over 6-Month Sickness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.