Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,047 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have (25037 Views)

Surprisingly List Of Ancient Gadgets The Smartphones Replaced / Effects Of Mobile Phones On Students / Wi-fi To Be Replaced By Li-fi Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Gsmbasics: 1:02am On Nov 03, 2016
Do you find yourself rubbing your eyes from taking a look at the exact same screen all day? Are your family and friends grumbling about you constantly being distracted? Is your phone the first and last thing you inspect every day?

Nowadays we spend more of our time looking at our mobile phones and tablets than ever, and that's due to the fact that they have changed an increasing variety of home items for many years. Here are some that maybe, just maybe, you may wish to start utilizing once again.

1.ALARM CLOCK

Some of us began using our smartphones as our main alarm clocks the moment we got our hands on one. After all, this is a function that's been included long prior to mobile phone ended up being "smart." Doing so has its benefits, such as setting a lots of alarms (I want to be up at 7, so here's one for 6:30 and 6:55), having them with you anywhere you go (excellent for workers who travel), and getting up to something aside from a blasting beep.

2.RADIO

You might have grown familiar with just utilizing a standard radio within a car. however, standalone ones are still a thing, and they do not all appear like this any longer.
Radios are not difficult to find, and some modern-day ones do not need an old-fashioned antenna to get reception. For people who primarily pay attention to local stations while in the house, it might be an investment worth thinking about.

3.BOOKS

I understand, a lot of you most likely (maybe even begrudgingly) simply transitioned over to reading e-books, and you have actually been consuming more books because of it. I understand. I started reading books specifically on electronic gadgets several years back, and I have actually enjoyed the benefit of it.

However, physical books still preserve a variety of benefits, and motivating you to put down your phone is among them. It's nice to snuggle up with a great book at night after work, however, if you read it on your smart device, that's a number of more hours spent taking a look at the very same gadget you have actually already been glued to for much of the day. Getting a paperback lets you carry out the exact same task while taking a break from your phone, and you're less most likely to get distracted while doing so.

4.DIGITAL CAMERA

Do you still carry around a digital camera? Most likely not. Phones have actually made it simple to catch life's moments without needing to carry an additional little devices around, and the few moments it requires to snap a shot do not amount to spending all that time with your phone.

Nor does opening a calculator app, utilizing navigation software application in place of a devoted GPS, or listening to downloaded music instead of carrying around an MP3 player. You will not see me changing back to a flip phone again.

It's fine to let our phones change things. Phones, like all things in life, must be enjoyed in moderation. If your phone isn't really able to keep its screen on long enough for you to obtain from one charge to another, getting a phone with a larger battery may not be the only option worth thinking about. The important things most likely need a rest, and you too.

http://gsmbasics.com.ng/618/4-items-our-mobile-phones-replaced-that-perhaps-they-shouldnt-have.html

4 Likes

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by mhizAnnie(f): 3:08am On Nov 03, 2016
lemme camp here, i'm coming
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by McCarlito(m): 4:25am On Nov 03, 2016
My brother..... Dem no dey take sufferness boast....
If my fone can do it why do I need extra baggage....

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 03, 2016
interesting
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 03, 2016
Op, write the manufacturers to remove those functions now. Shikenan

2 Likes

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by jimi4us: 6:41am On Nov 03, 2016
Nice one OP
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by ritababe(f): 7:11am On Nov 03, 2016
na radio marketers I just they pity for.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Kiddominant(m): 7:11am On Nov 03, 2016
Blue Film Disc nko?

36 Likes

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Sexytemi(f): 7:12am On Nov 03, 2016
Nice one, but I believe there's nothing wrong in phones replacing radio and alarm, you can't always go about carrying a radio with you(for the leggedize Benz people), but with your smart phones you can walk about while listening your fav radio stations.
And just with your phone by your bedside and alarm set, you'd wake up on time o, and no need to get a digital alarm for that.

Even for reading, I think I prefer eBook to paper book, due to the fact that on a paper book, I'd have to start opening d pages one after the other(and most time the page might be stuck together), and I'd also have to fold a piece of the last page I read last to know where I stopped, but with your phone eBook. just scroll through the pages, and you don't need to mark where you stopped for its there waiting o...

And don't we all just love taking pictures with our phones, no need to go to a photo studio to take pictures, and op not everyone is rich enough to get a digital camera.

I believe phones having all these is the best and its saves both time and money just having them.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Marvyx(m): 7:14am On Nov 03, 2016
There's nothing like having a hard copy of your text book and bible.. Only few people might understand this.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by 2ScrewsLoose: 7:14am On Nov 03, 2016
I de come,, make i eat first
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Hez143(m): 7:14am On Nov 03, 2016
Kiddominant:
Blue Film Disc nko?

Tuale!!!!! Vaseline crew captain sported!!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by mikhe2(m): 7:14am On Nov 03, 2016
Wall calendar

3 Likes

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Krinel(f): 7:14am On Nov 03, 2016
OK we don hear
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by clevadani: 7:14am On Nov 03, 2016
Ok
Books are the only reasonable item on your list.

1 Like

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Genea(f): 7:15am On Nov 03, 2016
Why should I carry d extra baggage. Pls don't complicate life
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Phonefanatic: 7:15am On Nov 03, 2016
Calender. Can even remember the last time I looked at the wall clock.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by dollaflow(m): 7:17am On Nov 03, 2016
hmmm
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by datola: 7:17am On Nov 03, 2016
Radios are still very much available and popular among the Northerners.

1 Like

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 03, 2016

1 Like

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Okaka27(m): 7:20am On Nov 03, 2016
5. Our Personalities

1 Like

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by willjoe: 7:23am On Nov 03, 2016
BIBLE !!

2 Likes

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by uvalued(m): 7:25am On Nov 03, 2016
McCarlito:
My brother..... Dem no dey take sufferness boast....
If my fone can do it why do I need extra baggage....
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by aloziedaya(m): 7:25am On Nov 03, 2016
Lia Mohammed.

You're kidding. These things are still in existence, depends on how you want it.

Instead you should have put 'LETTER WRITING'

1 Like

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Nomswag: 7:25am On Nov 03, 2016
we have been praying so that things Will be easy , now that God has answered our prayers we are now complaining . With 1500 sub u can download books worth twice that amount.

1 Like

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by ikorodureporta: 7:26am On Nov 03, 2016
*Wrist watch,

*NEPA...

2 Likes

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by ChiSun27(m): 7:29am On Nov 03, 2016
I don't joke with my smart phone...its my daily padi padi.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by FakeNEWSevryday: 7:29am On Nov 03, 2016
Op, what of DVDs, TV's DSTV, I don't need to carry my TV to my place of work cheesy cheesy grin, I watch everything from my phone now,nollywood,holywood, live matches thank God for Glo who gives 10G for #2500

2 Likes

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by FakeNEWSevryday: 7:30am On Nov 03, 2016
ChiSun27:
I don't joke with my smart phone...its my daily padi padi.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Bossontop(m): 7:30am On Nov 03, 2016
I dont miss those "items" ooo
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 03, 2016
The CD walkman. Apple ensured they annihilated this starting with the iPod then finally their high capacity iPhones. Why carry a bulky walkman and multi CD sleeve packs when all you need nowadays are soft copies of your music library?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Data Gets Exhausted Too Quickly. Gurus In The House Please Help! / Oraimo Takes Green Experience To Abuja,Open Flagship Store In Capital City Today / Download The Latest Ucweb Version 9.0 To Your Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.