Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,914 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have (25044 Views)

Surprisingly List Of Ancient Gadgets The Smartphones Replaced / Effects Of Mobile Phones On Students / Wi-fi To Be Replaced By Li-fi Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Ameboperoo(m): 7:37am On Nov 03, 2016
How about touchlight, calculator, compass, GPS, watch/clock, mp3 player, DVD player, video games, TV, stb, phonebook, organizer, diary, bible/ quran, scanner, fingerprint scanner, jotter, etc
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by engrMikemd(m): 7:42am On Nov 03, 2016
Kiddominant:
Blue Film Disc nko?
very true
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by engrMikemd(m): 7:44am On Nov 03, 2016
Ameboperoo:
How about touchlight, calculator, compass, GPS, watch/clock, mp3 player, DVD player, video games, TV, stb, phonebook, organizer, diary, bible/ quran, scanner, fingerprint scanner, jotter, etc
now this is what I will call the complete list

2 Likes

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by idensko(m): 7:45am On Nov 03, 2016
The only thing i miss is Text Books
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Horlufemi(m): 7:46am On Nov 03, 2016
Marvyx:
There's nothing like having a hard copy of your text book and bible.. Only few people might understand this.

There is nothing like have a scroll of your academics studies and Bible instead of a book.... Only few people might understand this.
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by crazygod(m): 7:47am On Nov 03, 2016
It has even replaced this

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 03, 2016
To me, the phone has made us lazy to read actual books, any little question, you just search up! and answers shows up in few mins, gone are the days you go to the library to search for a particular information for hours! that way you've gotten other information indirectly in the process of looking for a particular information, and it helps.
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Kobicove(m): 8:17am On Nov 03, 2016
You forgot to include wrist watches...
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Eyor1(m): 8:21am On Nov 03, 2016
Even Bible
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by HyDef(m): 8:23am On Nov 03, 2016
clevadani:
Ok Books are the only reasonable item on your list.
I agree with you.
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by skywalker240(m): 8:26am On Nov 03, 2016
grin

2 Likes

Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Novice1(m): 8:35am On Nov 03, 2016
FakeNEWSevryday:
Op, what of DVDs, TV's DSTV, I don't need to carry my TV to my place of work cheesy cheesy grin, I watch everything from my phone now,nollywood,holywood, live matches thank God for Glo who gives 10G for #2500

Bros educate me on this Glo 10g for 2500
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Ribajae(m): 8:37am On Nov 03, 2016
God knows dats why I have a tonosobe phone, just for radio use only, such a biitiful stallz smiley
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by ThisDumebi: 8:44am On Nov 03, 2016
I so love #3 and the collection...that's an excellent celebration of Nigerian writing...Every home should have that!
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Aeontk(m): 8:48am On Nov 03, 2016
What about d Bible?
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by wiringdpt(m): 8:51am On Nov 03, 2016
If you think they removed those items then you have no idea to how to use your smartphone.
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by khadaffi(m): 9:13am On Nov 03, 2016
Sexytemi:
Nice one, but I believe there's nothing wrong in phones replacing radio and alarm, you can't always go about carrying a radio with you(for the leggedize Benz people), but with your smart phones you can walk about while listening your fav radio stations.
And just with your phone by your bedside and alarm set, you'd wake up on time o, and no need to get a digital alarm for that.

Even for reading, I think I prefer eBook to paper book, due to the fact that on a paper book, I'd have to start opening d pages one after the other(and most time the page might be stuck together), and I'd also have to fold a piece of the last page I read last to know where I stopped, but with your phone eBook. just scroll through the pages, and you don't need to mark where you stopped for its there waiting o...

And don't we all just love taking pictures with our phones, no need to go to a photo studio to take pictures, and op not everyone is rich enough to get a digital camera.

I believe phones having all these is the best and its saves both time and money just having them.

Please in case no one has told you: Reading ebooks is very bad for your eye sight. If we are talking about 5,6 or 10 pages, fine. But when you are talking of reading a 600 or 1000 pages books and you are doing it electronically, you are damaging your eyesight. I'm currently suffering from the side effect of this. I can't even advise my enemy to do such. I was warned then but I don't just know how it degenerated although I took the advice serious. If you have the means always print out what you are to read in hard copy.
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Conner44: 9:30am On Nov 03, 2016
what about Jotters
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by francisduru: 9:54am On Nov 03, 2016
CALCULATOR
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by southernbelle(f): 10:21am On Nov 03, 2016
Phonefanatic:
Calender. Can even remember the last time I looked at the wall clock.

lol, so true.
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by abbeyoye2001(m): 10:21am On Nov 03, 2016
HUMMM
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Babaken(m): 10:37am On Nov 03, 2016
ritababe:
na radio marketers I just they pity for.
what of calculator companies you pity for them too.
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Babaken(m): 10:38am On Nov 03, 2016
What of calculator companies you pity for them too.
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by FakeNEWSevryday: 10:40am On Nov 03, 2016
Novice1:

Bros educate me on this Glo 10g for 2500
just dial *777# from your Glo line and choose from the option
[size=17pt] dat's all[/size]
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by egorov(m): 10:41am On Nov 03, 2016
BIBLE
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by Damzyl(m): 11:01am On Nov 03, 2016
Kiddominant:
Blue Film Disc nko?
Bad guy smiley
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by PAQ(m): 11:08am On Nov 03, 2016
D mobile phone can b used as a gaming console. With screen mirroring u can cast ur mobile phone screen to ur smart TV.

Mobile phones with infra- red can easily replace any remote control.

Mobile phone can substitue as a debit card through NFc.

Mobile phones killed the walkman & Discman.

Promiscuous ladies use d vibrating function of a mobile phone as a vibrator, ie iphones with its small form.

WIth the yearly increase in processing power and ram, if not for the slow or rather stagnant battery technology, the mobile phone is a substitute for ur PC.

Mobile phones is also a hand held weapon, ie NOKIA 3310 et al
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by metallisc(m): 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2016
mhizAnnie:
lemme camp here, i'm coming

stop camping, come and go and do our traditional marriage! december don reach o!! grin grin grin
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by AlexisSaidIt(f): 1:12pm On Nov 03, 2016
OK...noted... About those set of books in yur pishur... I consider myself a vast reader, I felt really bad when I found out av read just two books out of d whole bunch. Which is Sefi Atta's "Everything good will come" & Chinua Achebe's "Arrow of God".... ***running to go download d rest sharperly*** shocked grin
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by whiteprince(m): 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2016
FakeNEWSevryday:
Op, what of DVDs, TV's DSTV, I don't need to carry my TV to my place of work cheesy cheesy grin, I watch everything from my phone now,nollywood,holywood, live matches thank God for Glo who gives 10G for #2500

Which app is that and which phone do u use...I have been looking for a way to watch my favorites channels and live matches when am not at home

Abeg explain...tankiyu
Re: 4 Items Our Mobile Phones Replaced That Perhaps They Shouldn't Have by coolebux(m): 5:14pm On Nov 03, 2016
If not for fashion, wristwatches would have gone extinct tey-tey.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is MTN Network Down In Your Location? / Meet Labani Hausa Boy In Katsina Who Return Iphone13 Pro (picture) / Download The Latest Ucweb Version 9.0 To Your Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.