Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC (8219 Views)

INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election / Ondo Governorship Election Results Update From Polling Units - Vanguard / Jimoh Ibrahim Blasts Olusola Oke On Twitter Ahead Of Ondo Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by kahal29: 5:30am On Nov 03, 2016
The Independent National Electoral Commission has vowed not to shift the November 26 governorship election in Ondo State because of the intra-party crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party.

It said the crisis in the PDP was not enough ground to call for the postponement of the election.

There were rumours in Abuja on Wednesday that one of the factions in the party was planning to mount pressure on the electoral body to shift the election and allow the ongoing judicial interventions concluded before the election could be conducted.

Presently, the party is factionalised between Senator Ali Modu Sheriff and Senator Ahmed Makarfi as leaders.

Both leaders had submitted names of different candidates for the election.

But while INEC had picked Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim from the Sheriff faction as the PDP candidate, the Makarfi faction had gone to court, insisting that Mr. Eyitayo Jegede (SAN), should fly the party’s flag during the election.

INEC said it took the decision based on court order and judgement, an action which the Makarfi camp has challenged at the Court of Appeal.

Whether the two factions are able to resolve their differences before the date picked for the election or not, INEC insisted that it would not because of that shift the election.

The commission said that the crisis within the two factions did not fall among the reasons given by the Electoral Act to shift or postpone the election.

The Chief Press Secretary to the Chairman of the Commission, Mr. Rotimi Oyekanmi, told our correspondent in an interview in Abuja on Wednesday that the commission would go ahead with the planned election.

He said, “The process for postponing or shifting of elections are spelt out in the Electoral Act as amended. One of the reasons is natural disaster. No aspect of the reasons stated for this include intra-party crisis as we are witnessing in the party you have mentioned.

“Under the Electoral Act, intra-party conflict is not recognised as one of the reasons why INEC must shift the date of an election we have given notice of since March.

“As I speak today, there is no plan to postpone it. We are going ahead with the election as slated for November 26.”

Oyekanmi added that “there are 40 political parties in Nigeria and if there is crisis in at least half of them, you can imagine what we would be going through and how many times we would be postponing the election.”

Apart from this, he said other political parties could take the commission to court if it acceded to the request of those who could be thinking that the election must be shifted because of intra-party crisis.

http://punchng.com/wont-shift-ondo-gov-poll-says-inec/

Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by yeyeboi(m): 5:31am On Nov 03, 2016
Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:45am On Nov 03, 2016
Nice One INEC cool

Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by Izonpikin: 5:47am On Nov 03, 2016
But you guys shifted that for edo to avert defeat...kontinu inec...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by omenka(m): 6:17am On Nov 03, 2016
Okay, if they shift it, say, by two weeks, and within that period the nest of killers have yet to stop killing themselves, does it then mean it would have to be shifted again??

Bunch of jokers.

Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by orobs93(m): 6:18am On Nov 03, 2016
If to say

Pdp sef if dem loose sey both of them go rest
Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by omenka(m): 6:22am On Nov 03, 2016
Everyday I see some comments here, I keep trying to wrap my head around how the brains of their authors function- just astounding!

I mean, how does one reconcile a mad craving to secede from a country, wish all manner of evil against the country and curse anyone who desires to see a better situation in the country with a keen interest in an election to be held in that same country and accusations of bias by the country's electoral umpire

Just how do these people manage to do this??

Smh.

Edit:

Some redundant yoots already sumasaulting in and out of my mentions even when no one or tribe was mentioned. Conscience of guilt already killing them. cheesy

Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by jeff1993: 6:40am On Nov 03, 2016
INEC **** INDEPENDENT NORTHERN ELECTORAL CONGRESS

Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by jeff1993: 6:47am On Nov 03, 2016
omenka:
Okay, if they shift it, say, by two weeks, and within that period the nest of killers have yet to stop killing themselves, does it then mean it would have to be shifted again??

Bunch of jokers.
....... why won't they shift it ..... if they can be able to shift it for say 2or 3 weeks ..... it will b enough to solve the problems affecting d opposition party ...... But ur mind is always bias as usual even to d extent of being a paid e-slave to ur Fulani slave masters! ¡!!!!!

Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 03, 2016
Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by bearos(m): 9:33am On Nov 03, 2016
Na lie joor INEC me I know go cook one story den go shift am
Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by kolaish(m): 9:34am On Nov 03, 2016
The handwriting is about to be written on the wall again. Just the way they did in Edo.
Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 03, 2016
APC will fry Akara again...
Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by ayodeji247: 9:35am On Nov 03, 2016
can't stop laughing, inec pple no want ondo pple to break their head cus der no say ondo pple no tolerate nonsense and cheating
Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by Beehshorp(m): 9:36am On Nov 03, 2016
But una go shift time wey dey do coalition of results.. Mtswww
Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by gebest: 9:37am On Nov 03, 2016
But if its APC now, u guys would have shifted it. INECThere is God o

Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:38am On Nov 03, 2016
That's better. I can only wish the good people of Sunshine State a free, peaceful, credible & conclusive election.
Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by fourthworld: 9:40am On Nov 03, 2016
omenka:
Everyday I see some comments here, I keep trying to wrap my head around how the brains of their authors function- just astounding!

I mean, how does one reconcile a mad craving to secede from a country, wish all manner of evil against the country and curse anyone who desires to see a better situation in the country with a keen interest in an election to be held in that same country and accusations of bias by the country's electoral umpire

Smh.

It surprises me that some people's education is just a complete waste of parental meagre resources. How people can just scrubbed bull shit that's alien to the context is a puzzle of the 21st century, that's why unrealistic campaign slogan catches their homo erectus mind

Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by Originality007: 9:41am On Nov 03, 2016
Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by gen2briz(m): 9:42am On Nov 03, 2016
Noted
Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:45am On Nov 03, 2016
Whether they shift or not Jegede will win...
Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by daddyrich: 9:45am On Nov 03, 2016
how many times have they shifted Rivers state re-run.

Shifting is very okay as long as it favours APC

God is watching you INEC

Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 03, 2016
APC INEC! When would Nigeria out grow d bullshit of selfish politics n let National interest lead? I guess never. Or maybe we might have 2 die 4 dis someday...

Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by awayeyebundle: 9:50am On Nov 03, 2016
Shifting ko shifting ni, pls INEC should know that there many candidate for that post not only that PDP is having fracas...it does'nt concerned INEC,they should settle the differences and come to ordere....NO postponement.....IstandwithINEC..No POSPONEMENT
Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by TheFreeOne: 9:50am On Nov 03, 2016
omenka:

Smh.

What has this got to do with the topic

Read what you wrote again and again then you know it's your brain that needs realignment. Bro you are losing it but don't even have a clue.

SMH

Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 03, 2016
Great one from INEC. Can't wait for Aketi to be declared governor-elect
Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by dechriscool(m): 9:53am On Nov 03, 2016
INEC should do what the electoral act permits.
I can still remember recently the security agencies recommended for the postponement of Edo state election for fear of security breached,INEC live up to it.
And I can still remember there was protest of some kinds in ONDO as a result of the PDP intra party activity.This might resurface again with more serious consequences.

INEC safe ONDO state from violence and civil unrest by doing the needful.
Rivers rerun election had being postponed severally.No body took you to court.
Edo state was equally postponed,nothing happened
Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by alfsalami: 9:53am On Nov 03, 2016
even if INEC decide to shift the election by one year , PDP crises can never be resolved , its a party of thurges
Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by dechriscool(m): 9:55am On Nov 03, 2016
omenka:

Smh.
Most time I felt so much pity on you. How you managed to breath and survive on hearing or seeing people from that particular tribe you hate so much still exist on earth.
From the vomitus you just regurgitated above,how does it connect or relate to the thread of discussion.
You are so paranoid that it beclouded your sense of sound reasonings to a point of obsessive compulsive disorder for the Igbo tribe.
From your persistent assertions,if the igbo nation decided to key in, into your recommendations.The same you will shout and cry for treasony of felony.Why would they stay away from the activities of Nigeria.Are they running a government of their own in Nigeria?When they have not being given independence.Stay away from hate.It leads to depression,high blood pressure and reduce heart rate.My advice,thank me later.

Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by falxx: 9:59am On Nov 03, 2016
This Buhari apc government is a laughing stock. I will never take this government an inch serious until I am told the difference between INEC, Buhari and Okon Abang?
The Rivers state elections is still waiting as well as others yet these dullest government is tell us that they will never shift the Ondo election. Welcome to the zoo call Nigeria.

Re: We Won’t Shift Ondo Governorship Election - INEC by TheFreeOne: 10:00am On Nov 03, 2016
daddyrich:
how many times have they shifted Rivers state re-run.

Shifting is very okay as long as it favours APC

God is watching you INEC

Present INEC has become an extension of APC but they'll surely meet their waterloo with ondo guber elections except they change.

Our people will not accept rigging in whatever form.

Whistleblowers Fetch Nigeria N143billion / Abubakar Malami: This Government Is Determined To End Impunity / Abia APC Congress: Ogah To Ikechi Emenike You Are A 'Mischief Maker-in-chief'

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64