Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:22 AM

INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election (29314 Views)

Protest As INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Election / Ondo Governorship Election Results Update From Polling Units - Vanguard / Jimoh Ibrahim Blasts Olusola Oke On Twitter Ahead Of Ondo Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by Kyase(m): 12:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared Rotimi Akeredolu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as the winner of the November 26, 2016 governorship election in Ondo State.

According to Prof. Ganiyu Ambali, INEC Returning Officer, Mr. Akeredolu defeated two major opponents, Eyitayo Jegede of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) and Olusola Oke of the Alliance for Democracy (AD), to clinch victory.

INEC disclosed during the collation of results from 18 local government areas in the state that the victorious Mr. Akeredolu scored 244, 842 votes in the election while Mr. Oke won 126, 889 votes and Mr. Jegede 150,380 votes.

Mr. Akeredolu, a lawyer by profession, who led overall by 94,462 will take over from Governor Olusegun Mimiko who has served two terms as governor of Ondo State.

A breakdown of the votes in various local government areas is as follows:
1. ALLIANCE FOR DEMOCRACY =126, 889
2. ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS =244, 842
3. PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC PARTY =150,380
APC won by 94,462.

REGISTERED VOTERS = 1,647, 976

ACCREDITED VOTERS: 584, 997

http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/27/apc-candidate-akeredolu-wins-ondo-governorship-election

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by ajani1978(m): 12:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
Gbam. Opari Akeredolu done win

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by Kyase(m): 12:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
Anambra next (Obaino na our own after election), followed by ekiti(even by rigging)

grin grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by OluchiDelly: 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
OK. I blame Mimiko for :
*picking Jegede from ondo central senatorial district when himself is from the central s. d. and rule for 8 years. Ondo people are not 'mumus'. They believe in fairness.
*owing civil servants for several months.
(salary b4 capital projects) .
the sequence has been North(Adefarati, AD) to South(AGAGU, PDP) to central (MIMIKO, LP) and now to North(ROTIMI A., APC) . Ondo people believe more in fairness than the party.

23 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by jozz(m): 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
ajani1978:
Gbam. Opari Akeredolu done win
I don't believe it.how did it happen?
Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by TheFreeOne: 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
Congratulations.

May your leadership usher in more cohesion, development in all areas for our people. We hope you will be magnanimous in victory for all inclusive governance for a better ondo state devoid of selfish external influence and godfatherism.

Oodua agbe wa o.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by Caselessness: 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
God thank you!

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by Kyase(m): 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2016
jozz:

I don't believe it.how did it happen?
via voting or you need another explanation?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by Progressive01(m): 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kyase:
Anambra next (Obaino na our own after election), followed by ekiti(even by rigging)

grin grin
Too like trouble. grin

U za adua ga?

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by Kyase(m): 1:00pm On Nov 27, 2016
Progressive01:
Too like trouble. grin

U za adua ga?
Nza ga oooo

grin

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2016
CONGRATS A P C
CONGRATS MR ROTIMI AKEREDOLU
CONGRATS ONDOLITES

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2016
CONGRATS A P C
CONGRATS ONDOLITES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by henrydadon(m): 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2016
grin

APC supported right now grin

14 Likes 1 Share

CONGRATS A P C
CONGRATS ONDOLITES

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by brainpulse: 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2016
APC! Change to the Nation. Where are the facebook, Twitter & nairaland IPOD officials grin? This is a clear evidence of what the majority, common and grassroots Nigerians want. We have all learnt the lessons of several wastages and corruption perpetrated by the People Destructive Party. Though we Nigerians are going through economic challenges that has been experienced by other countries, we know and trust Buhari will surely deliver.

Congrats APC, Akeredolu, Buhari, people of ondo and all faithful Nigerians.
Victory is sweet.

Interview with uncle Fayo

Fayos: we the people of Ekiti can not take it, we voted enmass for PDP in ondo, but Buhari rigged it.

Journalist: How can sir?

Fayos: Sorry, I meant to say the Inec returning officer is the younger brother's sister uncle to Buhari's grandbrother Akeredolu.

Journalist: Sir they are not related.

Fayos: Are you mad? The people of Ekiti likes me so we reject the election in On do. Period.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by martineverest(m): 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
good....fayose must be shivering...2018 is coming...

I pirry tinubu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by kolnel: 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
I hope akeredolu moves ondo state forward
This is a slab on Tinubu face, can't wait to see Tinubu strategy in few months to come
He can't stay in bourdillon ikoyi and keep posting governors to ondo oyo kogi

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by Ask4Info: 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
My Dear Nigerian Youth,

Olusegun Mimiko, Jimoh Ibrahim, olusegun Oke, Fani Kayode, Ali Modu Sheriff, PDP and others are NOT the cause of your Problems. Neither is Akeredolu, APC, Oyegun and others the Solution to your problems.

The Problem and Solution to the Nigerian youths lie within yoursrlves. These men and women don't have the slightest iota of concern for you people. They are ONLY concerned with what they can steal from you all while succeeding in making you fight yourselves.

You all have succeeded in handing another 4years of your lives to another old man. He made money from Tinubu, he was NBA chairman amongst other positions.

When will Nigerian youths ever have sense to unite and throw all these old men and women out? Watch patiently how Mimiko will decamp to APC.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by kinibigdeal(m): 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
We reject this results in strong terms.
Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by nwabobo: 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
And the Igbo woman Chioma becomes first lady. Aketi carry go

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
Great decision

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by Call07034780891: 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
Congratulations sir. It is a win-win for Ondo people..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by WILLYBABS(m): 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
I liked this man so much...all of it dropped the moment he joined APC. No matter how upright you are, 'HayPieces' will pieces and drain ur integrity then fill u with evil and recession. I wish him good luck tho.

In another news, I'm searching for a lucrative job, any location is fine, in case u have, please lemme know.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by awesome11(m): 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
I've been waiting eagerly for the 2019 elections, so that I can rectify the mistake I made in the 2015 elections. However, on this evidence, we are in for a long and tiresome ride under this government.

It seems like not every mistake can be undone!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by WILLYBABS(m): 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
bashydemy:

Hahahaha any strong irregularities in the election? Even Aketi defeat Jegede in his home town..
Ondo people are not stewpid to vote 2 people from the same Senatorial district to rule them concurrently kole werk.
Very myopic political judgement, I strongly hope u re not representing the people of ondo. Honestly, if this is the reason for voting for Aketi, you then should be ready to be worse than Nigeria.

Meanwhile

During the dark ages in ancient England, people could not have sex without consent from the King. After getting the consent, they would hang a sign on their door that read:
"Fornication Under Consent of the King" (Zap.)
This is the origin of the word!

3 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by Marvel1206: 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
I really wanted Jegede to win.. chai!
Like if you're happy with the result
Share if you are displeased

22 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by Progressive01(m): 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kyase:

Nza ga oooo

grin
Mza service u mase tyoh. Kah u' hiden wam gene.

Ambeyev mban lan kwagh yum. Sé tese vè kwagh hin Anambra, ä kpiligh ve yö! grin
Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by efilefun(m): 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
cheesy grin
Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
free and fair election goes with master of democracy GEJ Buhari makes tinubu irrelevant again APC! NA SCAM
Re: INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
Good, ondo people have decided. Jimoh ibrahim, a mole acquired to do the final nailing grin grin grin.
But I don't understand this epad again o. That's why I believe majority of those that comments on politics section are just kids and small small boys in their teens that just have access to Internet. They are jubilating now that it was their daughter that mad aketi to win election in ondo after vowing between heaven and earth that APC will never get ondo. Do they have shame and identity at all?
They are now jubilating on the other thread https://www.nairaland.com/3488179/igbo-first-lady-ondo-state after condemning APC and buhari before election. They said they have first Igbo first lady in Yoruba land and one even said that the next deputy governor will be Igbo or be given commissioner. I just don't understand because only kids can reason like this. Now they are jubilating over there. Is there any sense at all in this? These are the type of people making them to speak ill of the tribe unless they are trolls. I just don't get it.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bode George: Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition A Huge Joke / President Tinubu Swears In George Akume As SGF / Man Compares Suspension Of Saraki Dad In 80s By Senate & Ali Ndume's Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.