Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? (10551 Views)

Why Recruiters Are Deleting Your CV On Sight / What Do Recruiters Look For In A Resumé At First Glance? / 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Sunnypa11(m): 9:02am On Nov 03, 2016
Great post,Every individual is a brand and our activities is a true reflection of our Characteristics
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 03, 2016
NaLaugh:

When you started your career is irrelevant. Try going on a verbal tirade against your employer on your publicly accessible social media today, and see how that works out for you.

If you're self-employed, then you're fine.

However, you have failed to make a coherent case for your stand.

You say it is not applicable in Nigeria, but:
The business I referenced is based IN Nigeria, the employees referenced are based IN Nigeria.

So what exactly is your argument?
My point is simple and stated earlier I believe I spoke in clear English or does it seem like heuroglyphics ?

It's not applicable in Nigeria ... I have worked at senior management level of one of the top three recruitment firms in Nigeria I have sat on interview panels both locally and other wise .. what you stated is not applicable here.
98% of HRM firms, staff and such will not sort through the social media pages of their prospects except in unusual cases . But abroad it's the norm here it is not
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 03, 2016
enigma2007:

Very applicable! Recruiters here in Nigeria have checked my profiles on social media platforms very well... So i took time to check out what is going on in all my accounts and even maintain the same name across all.

How did you ascertain this ? They told you? Lol dude don't believe the hype
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by tomisinuno(m): 9:28am On Nov 03, 2016
Nice one op. Anyways, i saw this 2017 mercedes benz coupe today.costs about 43 million. Its all 4matic wheel drive. http://www.bolgtom-auto.com/2016/10/2017-s550-4matic-s-class-mercedes-benz_17.html
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Ken4agent(m): 9:30am On Nov 03, 2016
MrObontami:
Mai run go edit my pussy and dick posts on fb grin

if employer find some nigro enter this chat room they will not only stop the employment they will also talk to other coy to employ some nitro considering the clueless post they put up here
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by enigma2007(m): 9:46am On Nov 03, 2016
lestat:

How did you ascertain this ? They told you? Lol dude don't believe the hype

Cuz I get prompt on my LinkedIn for example whenever people visit my page and could see the people who visited my profile. In one particular instance, i saw the names of 2 people that was on the panel of people that interviewed me on the the Linkedin list. My twitter is also linked to my LinkedIn account while my FB & Instagram are linked together. So by visiting my LinkedIn and FB, then you get to see my other 2 social media accounts.

Personal, i have also applied for jobs here in Nigeria and they requested for my Linkedin. Also, applied for jobs where i didnt have to upload a resume but my Linkedin account was used as my resume.

No hype bro! some recruiters are using these tools here in Nigeria and its in your own interest to sanitize and lock up most of your accounts so that people will not see your contents until they add you as friends.

1 Like

Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 03, 2016
enigma2007:

Cuz I get prompt on my LinkedIn for example whenever people visit my page and could see the people who visited my profile. In one particular instance, i saw the names of 2 people that was on the panel of people that interviewed me on the the Linkedin list. My twitter is also linked to my LinkedIn account while my FB & Instagram are linked together. So by visiting my LinkedIn and FB, then you get to see my other 2 social media accounts.

Personal, i have also applied for jobs here in Nigeria and they requested for my Linkedin. Also, applied for jobs where i didnt have to upload a resume but my Linkedin account was used as my resume.

No hype bro! some recruiters are using these tools here in Nigeria and its in your own interest to sanitize and lock up most of your accounts so that people will not see your contents until they add you as friends.

I know this, now if a company wanted to view your online activity it's your LinkedIn they would view esp here in Nigeria and even those that do are less than 5%.

Most don't care to check, they will assess your cc though and do some real background checks with former employers . But to tell me that because you have a half clad dry Ken photo on your facebook is why a Nigerian company I repeat a Nigerian company won t empoy you is very false quote me on this bro
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 03, 2016
story what if ur fb name is registered with a different name and none of your contacts can be traced to facebook or twitter please tell me which computer guru will be able to find your social media acct? bollocks
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by lebete3000: 10:54am On Nov 03, 2016
NaLaugh:

I have a business in Nigeria, and have full time employees (some from Nairaland).

Everyone gets a social media "background check" they are unaware of.

While I don't live in Nigeria, the practice is here to stay (everywhere). So it is in your best interest (even in Nigeria) to keep your social media on lock down if there's any unflattering activities or reckless statements going on in it.

If it's put on lock down then no one can see your posts, so what's d essence
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by dawtune(m): 11:20am On Nov 03, 2016
tosyne2much:
Sometimes I ask myself the same question.. If recruiters browse through my profile on Nairaland and see my top 10 lists, would they employ me? cheesy

Lol with those love tips hehehe.
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by NaLaugh: 12:24pm On Nov 03, 2016
lebete3000:

If it's put on lock down then no one can see your posts, so what's d essence

By lock down I mean having your activities and posts restricted to your "friends," or whatever applies to that specific platform.
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by lebete3000: 12:26pm On Nov 03, 2016
NaLaugh:

By lock down I mean having your activities and posts restricted to your "friends," or whatever applies to that specific platform.

Your friends may have a connect with your potential recruiters and they may even sense something fishy if they find out they can't get access to your account while they're staring at it boldface....it's better to just make sure you're truly clean which will eventually spill over to every other aspect of one's life- social media inclusive
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by tosyne2much(m): 12:36pm On Nov 03, 2016
dawtune:

Lol with those love tips hehehe.
Egbon Dotun, so you sef dey see am? cheesy
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by metallisc(m): 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2016
adadioranmah:
Okay

mmmmhhhh..... this ada dikwa òra mma very very much! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by amanikondo: 5:21pm On Nov 03, 2016
You check my social network, na headache. Only one picture in 7 years. The only comment I make is "Happy birthday"

(1) (2) (Reply)

GTB Debunk Recruitment Exercise / 4 Job Openings At FHI360 - Nigeria / Food Concepts PLC Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.