Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? (10552 Views)

Why Recruiters Are Deleting Your CV On Sight / What Do Recruiters Look For In A Resumé At First Glance? / 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by vnlabor(f): 6:02am On Nov 03, 2016
Even when you do not provide your social media profiles, employers could still approach them via a few simple commands. So, what do they want to find, search and evaluate from “private place” of candidates?

A clear portrait of candidates

[img]http://1.bp..com/-pzm1beGF0Hc/VSdw4XxpEkI/AAAAAAAABKY/pWksCaefjOY/s1600/social%2Bnetwork.jpg[/img]

Based on respecting individual liberty principle, recruiters show the sparkle in screening appropriate employees only through a few clicks to check your Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Google plus, Tumblr, even Flickr, Youtube…

According to a new trend, almost recruiters care about personal page of applicants. It’s just a different approach way up to different job positions. For example, when they read your status in Facebook, they could partly understand you, what you think, which is not dominated by anyone.

Why recruiters try to access your social media?

Through your social account, employers have in their hands a part of your characteristic, knowledge, communicate ability. It is not too different from reality, except some bluffs.

On the other hand, they could catch sight of your lies about experiences from these connection networks. You can easily be failed because of pessimistic contents, offensive photos, which are just a little of those consequences many candidates have to pay for their opportunities.

Looking for appropriate level with applying position

There is no common formula for consultation via a personal page. As an illustration, in PR or marketing field, they need people having passion about connecting with others. And they will proactive to find the signs of status, comment, note, image, is it attractive, beautiful or valued? With some kinds of works require meticulousness, you should not regularly misspell. With a designer, you should show your esthetic thinking, etc.

Building your “Brand card”

All leading incorporates want employees having professional working manner, intelligence behaviors in real life as well as, of course, social network.

Social network is just like a double-edged sword, if you know how to build a personal image, many job opportunities will open to you and reverse. You, especially young candidates, should grab your chances and take part in social page strategies, where are the ideal “dating” places between employers and employees. Simultaneously, your online profiles are needed to improve and complete from time to time.

Pay attention, candidates’ abilities not only are proved by this tool but also reality career challenges. If you don’t have an impressive capacity, you can fail any time.

Source: http://vnmanpower.com/en/what-are-recruiters-looking-for-at-your-social-network-bl112.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by adadioranmah(f): 7:11am On Nov 03, 2016
Okay
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by takenadoh: 7:12am On Nov 03, 2016
as regards to the topics the only place you can find me is LINKEDIN because it is as professional as it gets and thats the reason i created that profile my facebook account is locked, in short sometimes i get so paranoid, I share my status with "only me" even some posts.

hehe

anyway please check out my post below thanks

They didn't want to move it to front page , but here it is on front page!!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/3438912/parental-advisory-top-3-food

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Jobsdome: 7:12am On Nov 03, 2016
nice
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Joshuahunpe(m): 7:12am On Nov 03, 2016
Hian, i go ku ku close all media accounts be that.
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by fattbabakay(m): 7:13am On Nov 03, 2016
nice one, thanks.
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Genea(f): 7:13am On Nov 03, 2016
Mmmmm
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by olaolulazio(m): 7:14am On Nov 03, 2016
Pls stop writing Olaolu as Holarholu.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by bukynkwuenu: 7:14am On Nov 03, 2016
nice 1....bt dy see mine as an employer of labour...n dem don beg tire
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by dollaflow(m): 7:16am On Nov 03, 2016
hmmm
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 03, 2016
grin
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 03, 2016
Not applicable here in Nigeria
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by MrObontami(m): 7:17am On Nov 03, 2016
Mai run go edit my pussy and dick posts on fb grin
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by VcStunner(m): 7:18am On Nov 03, 2016
Another good tips...... that will be used for nothing again sad

And soyinka wants to tear green card. I just need the front and back cover pls prof
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by osjoshua(m): 7:24am On Nov 03, 2016
Them no go see my FB account cos na another name...

Lemme go n open a current account with employment ID name and start forming good citizen assap
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by NaLaugh: 7:27am On Nov 03, 2016
lestat:

I have a business in Nigeria, and have full time employees (some from Nairaland).

Everyone gets a social media "background check" they are unaware of.

While I don't live in Nigeria, the practice is here to stay (everywhere). So it is in your best interest (even in Nigeria) to keep your social media on lock down if there's any unflattering activities or reckless statements going on in it.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Benjom(m): 7:28am On Nov 03, 2016
Op, tell them o.
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by osjoshua(m): 7:29am On Nov 03, 2016
Now i see the reason why Amaka is still unemployed..

1 Like

Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 03, 2016
What about those that only use whatsapp and snapchat? The is nothing to find right?
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Brightgem(f): 7:38am On Nov 03, 2016
If your name does not rank on first page of google.. u not serious with your online presence. Yes, formally or informally we all get our profiles checked through social media and that tells a lot about who we are and where w from.

1 Like

Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 03, 2016
NaLaugh:

I have a business in Nigeria, and have full time employees (some from Nairaland).

Everyone gets a social media "background check" they are unaware of.

While I don't live in Nigeria, the practice is here to stay (everywhere). So it is in your best interest (even in Nigeria) to keep your social media on lock down if there's any unflattering activities or reckless statements going on in it.

hmmmm this advise would have been useful to me when i startted my career over 9 years ago so no thanks . i state again this is Not Applicable in Nigeria. i see alot of delusional posts here and that is one of them. let me round off by saying there is the way things shoukd be and ther is the way things are, you only neglect the way things are at your own peril. reality check dude . ps i am not based in Nigeria even though i am here currently so no thanks for waated time

2 Likes

Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by laviecontinue: 7:46am On Nov 03, 2016
They should please come to nairaland. I think people show their real self here........mmm and thinking of this got me pitying some nairalanders.
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by fairheven: 7:46am On Nov 03, 2016
if they have access to nairaland account, many people would be fired based on the hatred and tribal e-war on this platform

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by tosyne2much(m): 7:53am On Nov 03, 2016
Sometimes I ask myself the same question.. If recruiters browse through my profile on Nairaland and see my top 10 lists, would they employ me? cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Opistorincos(m): 7:57am On Nov 03, 2016
angry
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Frabjous(m): 7:58am On Nov 03, 2016
What bad activities do you on your social media accounts?
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Frabjous(m): 7:58am On Nov 03, 2016
What bad activities do you have on your social media accounts?
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by hakeem4(m): 8:00am On Nov 03, 2016
When you apply for job at glo and they check your Twitter and your last tweet is " glo is fucking useless"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by Seun4FastLoans(f): 8:13am On Nov 03, 2016
Well said. It is always good to build a good personality on social media
Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by enigma2007(m): 8:15am On Nov 03, 2016
lestat:

Very applicable! Recruiters here in Nigeria have checked my profiles on social media platforms very well... So i took time to check out what is going on in all my accounts and even maintain the same name across all.

1 Like

Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by NaLaugh: 8:26am On Nov 03, 2016
lestat:

hmmmm this advise would have been usefuk to me when i startted my career over 9 years ago so no thanks . i state again this is Not Applicabke in Nigeria. i see alot of delusional posts here and that is one of them. let me round off by saying there is the way things shoukd be and ther is the way things are, you only neglect the way things are at your own peril. reality check dude . ps i am not based in Nigeria even though i am here currently so no thanks for waated time

When you started your career is irrelevant. Try going on a verbal tirade against your employer on your publicly accessible social media today, and see how that works out for you.

If you're self-employed, then you're fine.

However, you have failed to make a coherent case for your stand.

You say it is not applicable in Nigeria, but:
The business I referenced is based IN Nigeria, the employees referenced are based IN Nigeria.

So what exactly is your argument?

1 Like

Re: How Do Recruiters See Your Social Networks? by ustavo(m): 9:02am On Nov 03, 2016
I know this before

(1) (2) (Reply)

GTB Debunk Recruitment Exercise / 4 Job Openings At FHI360 - Nigeria / Interview Invite With Quest International Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.