Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:39 AM

Applying Rescue OTA To Nexus 9 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Applying Rescue OTA To Nexus 9 (654 Views)

LG Nexus 5X Screen Digitizer Assembly Replacement / sold!!! Nexus 6 For Sale #32000 / Reasons Why Tecno And Infinix Find It Difficult To Send OTA Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Applying Rescue OTA To Nexus 9 by techtorqueng: 10:11am On Nov 03, 2016
Applying Rescue OTA to Nexus 9

I have a Google Nexus 9 LTE tablet that gave me so much trouble for about six months, and I was very close to throwing it away. It froze during an update and since then it refuse to work. I tried Factory Reset and it just got worse.

While booting, it flashes a message “Your device is corrupt. It can’t be trusted and may not work properly.”

When it’s done booting it show this message “Your device has an internal problem“, the “Bluetooth share has stopped” comes up twice. It gets to the android setup option and no matter what I do it didn’t go beyond trying to connect to the internet.

I had tried all sorts of flashing tools. The problem that was most of these tools required USB Debugging and Developer mode enabled. There was no way to activate these option since the device hasn’t even loaded to the home screen.

I had also previously tried Sideloading the device with my Windows computer and that didn’t work. Apparently it turned out I was trying to Sideload a Factory Image instead of Rescue OTA image (I kept getting E:footer is wrong, E:signature verification failed). I just realized they were two different things.

Luckily for me I found my solution at Google Product Forum from a guy, Techno Bill

It was a big relief because I was contemplating shipping the tablet to HTC America to get it fixed for almost the same amount I got it.

There’s no HTC support centre in this part of the world, so if you’re having similar issues with your Nexus devices, follow the step below carefully.

Remember,Android Factory Image is not the same as Android OTA Rescue Image https://www.techtorque.com.ng/applying-rescue-ota-nexus-9/

(1) (Reply)

Which Phone Can I Get For 40k / Gionee To Lunch M6 Lite With 5-inch Display, 3gb Ram And 4000mah Check This Out / 2Days to go: WhatsApp ll Stop working on BlackBerry phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.