Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) - Education (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (627972 Views)

2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DeniseKendricks: 12:09pm On Aug 11, 2017
Sunnystooth:

Hmmmm...
thanks...my bad.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Sunnystooth(m): 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2017
DeniseKendricks:

yeah well....lets not cry over spilt milk........your friend had undue advantage, Bravo.....another person didn't and merited the list based on hardwork and favour, yet it's so hard for you to believe..................anyways we are 70% true to the things we say and 100% true to the things we believe....
Jeez!

Is like you're taking deliberate measures to misunderstand my post.

Abeg, I'm done here jare.

Even after pointing out clearly my point , you still want to 'believe' something else by all means.

Ciao.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DeniseKendricks: 12:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
Sunnystooth:

Jeez!

Is like you're taking deliberate measures to misunderstand my post.

Abeg, I'm done here jare.

Even after pointing out clearly my point , you still want to 'believe' something else by all means.

Ciao.
no vex now.......dont get upset....oya lets drop it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by 1stPolymath(m): 12:28pm On Aug 11, 2017
if u even wana talk abt undue advantage, u shld be referring to those who had access to d questions or d sources of d questions b4 d exam. That some candidates got some ideas of d questions isn't their fault, most of d pple complaining are d ones that told them. Besides, i don't think it matters. Many pple that ddnt get any advantage will still score higher than many of those that did. In fact, there will surely be awardees from the 8 am batch who merit it.

If there shld be any complain at all, it should be based on d fact that some pple who don't merit the scholarship actually get sponsored. i'm referring to the other list and the excess that corrupts d merit list.

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by adakoleagbenu: 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2017
ptdf no try o

sha I have a friend who answered a different course questions from d course he applied for.

he was even bashing me, saying why didn't I answer questions on geophysics since it was what I read in school. I confuse. Anyhow sha, I answered questions based on d course I applied for
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by peterayoola7: 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
[b]Dear PTDF Scholarship Hopefuls,

I don't understand why everyone is saying those that wrote the exam by 11AM has undue advantage. I wrote mine in Lagos JKK Building around 12noon and I didn't see any question. No expo whatsoever... I didnt even go to the exam venue with my phone. I was confused when I read here that all those that wrote 11am have seen the questions. Someone even said they should add extra marks to the 8am batch. We know this is a competition, I did my own underground research and studied past questions.

I have some pertinent questions to ask now that we are not sure what is happening to the list...

1. In my office, if anyone is going on study leave, one must inform the management at least TWO MONTHS before the commencement of your studies. Now that we are resuming in September, I have my CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) already from UCL (University College London) and I just got an email from UCL to proceed on my BRP (Bio-metric Residence Permit). No need for ATAS Certificate for my course. I just pray they release the list as early as possible for us to know the next step.

2. About the payment of Tuition fee, someone told me PTDF will pay during induction, I need an enlightenment on this from past scholars. Is the letter of award enough for the schools to allow us attend lectures?

3. I have a friend who is a Chevening Scholar in UCL, she said accommodation is London is over 800 Pounds. I want to know how we can survive with this stipend since the stipend for London PTDF scholars is 600 Pounds. Please am not sure about these figures. I just need a clear and concise advice.

4. If we are paying for our transport fare from Lagos to Abuja for Induction, will PTDF give us Tfare to back to Lagos?

All I know is that God will crown our efforts...

Looking forward to sharing my testimonies here...

KeepingTheHopeAlive

#TeamPTDF OSS 2017... #TeamONDO[/b]

3 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
1stPolymath:
if u even wana talk abt undue advantage, u shld be referring to those who had access to d questions or d sources of d questions b4 d exam. That some candidates got some ideas of d questions isn't their fault, most of d pple complaining are d ones that told them. Besides, i don't think it matters. Many pple that ddnt get any advantage will still score higher than many of those that did. In fact, there will surely be awardees from the 8 am batch who merit it.

If there shld be any complain at all, it should be based on d fact that some pple who don't merit the scholarship actually get sponsored. i'm referring to the other list and the excess that corrupts d merit list.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Sunnystooth(m): 1:08pm On Aug 11, 2017
@peterayoola7, the fact you didn't see any question before you wrote yours doesn't mean that others didn't. You even said clearly that you didn't go with your phone to the venue of the exams. Others did, and some of the expos were shared here on nairaland and on different whatsapp groups after the first batch.

Moreso, no one is saying there won't be those that wrote by 8am on the successful list. The issue is that, those that wrote afterwards would score higher and hence be the majority on the final list.

We that wrote by 8am, are still hopeful. It's just that our chances of making the final list on merit might be slim.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
Please stop posting anything not related to the long awaiting list. Some people are just disturbing us with unnecessary argumentative posts.

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by fetuga2: 1:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
DreManuel:

You dey mind am? Person wey still dey serve wey suppose keep quiet dey observe.
chaii dre u funny sha

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 2:37pm On Aug 11, 2017
jelani01:
Please stop posting anything not related to the long awaiting list. Some people are just disturbing us with unnecessary argumentative posts.

Sorry o....but this your post is not telling us anything new about the long awaiting list too. Abi am I missing something? In fact, it can open up another line of "unnecessary argumentative posts". You could have led by example by waiting till you have any cogent info to share about the long awaiting list before posting. Otherwise, let others keep this thread alive by freely expressing themselves till the list shows forth. Some need the comic relief derived from reading some characters on this thread.

6 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2017
jelani01:
Go and hug transformer

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by SURGEE(m): 3:28pm On Aug 11, 2017
Kai!!!! Most of the people on this thread are not nice at all. Everybody just dey para upandan!!! cheesy
At least its cooling the tension sha.

but you guys are really funny, abeg no kill me with laugh for here oooo.
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by EazyMoh(m): 3:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
peterayoola7:
[b]Dear PTDF Scholarship Hopefuls,

I don't understand why everyone is saying those that wrote the exam by 11AM has undue advantage. I wrote mine in Lagos JKK Building around 12noon and I didn't see any question. No expo whatsoever... I didnt even go to the exam venue with my phone. I was confused when I read here that all those that wrote 11am have seen the questions. Someone even said they should add extra marks to the 8am batch. We know this is a competition, I did my own underground research and studied past questions.

I have some pertinent questions to ask now that we are not sure what is happening to the list...

1. In my office, if anyone is going on study leave, one must inform the management at least TWO MONTHS before the commencement of your studies. Now that we are resuming in September, I have my CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) already from UCL (University College London) and I just got an email from UCL to proceed on my BRP (Bio-metric Residence Permit). No need for ATAS Certificate for my course. I just pray they release the list as early as possible for us to know the next step.

2. About the payment of Tuition fee, someone told me PTDF will pay during induction, I need an enlightenment on this from past scholars. Is the letter of award enough for the schools to allow us attend lectures?

3. I have a friend who is a Chevening Scholar in UCL, she said accommodation is London is over 800 Pounds. I want to know how we can survive with this stipend since the stipend for London PTDF scholars is 600 Pounds. Please am not sure about these figures. I just need a clear and concise advice.

4. If we are paying for our transport fare from Lagos to Abuja for Induction, will PTDF give us Tfare to back to Lagos?

All I know is that God will crown our efforts...

Looking forward to sharing my testimonies here...

KeepingTheHopeAlive

#TeamPTDF OSS 2017... #TeamONDO[/b]
Well to answer some of your questions, No school jokes with PTDF scholars, therefore an award from PTDF is enough proof for the school to allow you resume study.
About the stipend, PTDF is among the top scholarships with the highest stipends in the world. About £34k is budgeted for each OSS MSc. scholar. So the renumeration is enough for you to live above average campus life. Only problem is that payments may usually not arrive when you need them most.
I don't want post figures because am not sure.
I'd advise you go ahead and inform your work place for your plan to travel, that's if it's not going to cause problem if you don't get to go for the studies (God forbid).
All the best.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by michaelella: 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2017
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2017
michaelella:
lol ... e pain u reach like that
I be PTDF agent o

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DeniseKendricks: 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
michaelella:
I be PTDF agent o

cool story madam
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DeniseKendricks: 6:58pm On Aug 11, 2017
michaelella:
I be PTDF agent o

cool story madam
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Renzel: 7:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
I no believe say list no comot today. I no believe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by akatovic1: 7:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
Good news guys,
After much deliberation the Petroleum Trust Development Fund (PTDF) has finally released ........

its staff to go home and rest for the weekend so that they will come back fresher next week.
grin grin grin grin grin for more info log on to www.waitforyourresultitwillnotrunaway.com

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Shams101: 7:45pm On Aug 11, 2017
[quote author=DreManuel post=59379522][/quote]

cheesy. Na where u dey take get these pictures cheesy
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 7:49pm On Aug 11, 2017
Renzel:
I no believe say list no comot today. I no believe.

No b only you....

...that moment when your school keep sending you updates about your arrival which is due in about 16 days from now and asking you to register for courses, and all you can do is hope. You are tempted to defer till next semester but you keep hoping that those helming the affairs of PTDF understand what dilemma you are faced with as prospective scholar. It is well.

Meanwhile, Mr DJ play me "Godwin". TGIF

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by adakoleagbenu: 8:22pm On Aug 11, 2017
maybe no scholarship this year. else why dis deafening silence
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Prudento: 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2017
I wonder if those guys have ever been in this shoe. Cranfield is telling me to register for airport service. Lol. When ptdf has refused to even let me know where I stand
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DeniseKendricks: 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2017
Wow.............this silence from PTDF is causing PTSD......flexisaf self don run comot....how long does it take to release a list ehn PTDF?.....I'm beginning to feel like I am watching Oscar Pistorius's trial all over again.....this silence isn't fair now.....just release the List now..hian!!!
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by kooltobi009(m): 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
grin grin grin this is really funny
DeniseKendricks:
Wow.............this silence from PTDF is causing PTSD......flexisaf self don run comot....how long does it take to release a list ehn PTDF?.....I'm beginning to feel like I am watching Oscar Pistorius's trial all over again.....this silence isn't fair now.....just release the List now..hian!!!

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 9:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
DreManuel:

No b only you....

...that moment when your school keep sending you updates about your arrival which is due in about 16 days from now and asking you to register for courses, and all you can do is hope. You are tempted to defer till next semester but you keep hoping that those helming the affairs of PTDF understand what dilemma you are faced with as prospective scholar. It is well.

I wonder why Univ of Michigan didn't give you funding. They used to be generous. Do you have your visa already? Sometimes you get an RA from a professor when you go to school early. Did you contact those in your research interest?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 9:46pm On Aug 11, 2017
sent you PM
Mayflowa:

I wonder why Univ of Michigan didn't give you funding. They used to be generous. Do you have your visa already? Sometimes you get an RA from a professor when you go to school early. Did you contact those in your research interest?
sent PM
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by adakoleagbenu: 11:34pm On Aug 11, 2017
Sunnystooth X Mballowa .i can see you seeing d thread oh
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Sunnystooth(m): 11:39pm On Aug 11, 2017
adakoleagbenu:
Sunnystooth X Mballowa .i can see you seeing d thread oh
Lolz,
I can see you seeing the thread too.

Chai, PTDF want kill person with suspense sha.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Renzel: 1:21am On Aug 12, 2017
King of the memes. Jah's on the throne. You'll resume this semester.
DreManuel:

No b only you....

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by michaelella: 3:32am On Aug 12, 2017

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (214) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.