Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,694 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) - Education (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (629390 Views)

2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by spacycode: 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2017
strictlynaija:

Kindly send to cnejieji@gmail.com

Please kindly send the questions to me to. nati4real@gmail.com
God bless
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by spacycode: 3:49pm On Apr 20, 2017
adetola007:

Got it, thank you very much. God bless you
Please I would also appreciate it , if you could send me a copy
nati4real@gmail.com
God bless
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DeniseKendricks: 7:05pm On Apr 20, 2017
please can i get last years general paper from you?

Kinghxly:
Please can we send me the last year's general paper? Thanks. Ki last years genngxlykeel@gmail.com
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DeniseKendricks: 7:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
please send to me too, my email is sunshineeyes16@gmail.com

spacycode:

Please I would also appreciate it , if you could send me a copy
nati4real@gmail.com
God bless
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DeniseKendricks: 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
@tundelovday please can i get anything on HSE and General paper for last year, my email address is sunshineeyes16@gmail.com

BiggySammy:

Anything on thermal power please? Thanks as you respond.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DeniseKendricks: 7:14pm On Apr 20, 2017
DMainMan:

There will still be overseas scholarship but
dose who chose free tuition in brasil and Germany, or has free tuition or low tuition has higher chance of studying overseas.

Dmainman please i need any question you have on HSE my email address is Sunshineeyes16@gmail.com, thanks
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by jidex4life: 7:42pm On Apr 20, 2017
The main man please forward me last year copy on oil and gas / petroleum engineering my email is jideoforumeh@yahoo.com
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Fabnas(m): 8:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
boss, pls send me last year past question. rotimiolumide68@gmail.com
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Fabnas(m): 8:40pm On Apr 20, 2017
Anfieldboss:
Guys, would you advise I study the old PTDF past questions, I noticed current affairs were set prior to last year but only English was set last year.
I'm trying not to leave any stone unturned. Is there a possibility they might revert back to the old pattern and set current affairs?

Pls I need your advise.

cc DMainman

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Atamo: 8:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
spacycode:

Please kindly send the questions to me to. nati4real@gmail.com
God bless

Please, forward to me last year's general paper.
ronadagi@gmail.com
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by John93(m): 8:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
Some LSS scholars have been given laptops but are yet to be paid
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by TheSCRYPT: 9:10pm On Apr 20, 2017
John93:
Some LSS scholars have been given laptops but are yet to be paid

LSS Scholars. Are you talking about Masters/PhD scholars or undergrads? Because that is not true.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Prudento: 10:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
DMainMan:

There will still be overseas scholarship but
dose who chose free tuition in brasil and Germany, or has free tuition or low tuition has higher chance of studying overseas.

Was there any provision for choosing Country or University during the application process?

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 11:05pm On Apr 20, 2017
Prudento:

Was there any provision for choosing Country or University during the application process?

I feel you - I have thought about the same thing, I only held back my fingers up until now.

As far as I can remember, there was no place to specify School/Country in the application forms save course of choice. So if someone now blasts the test and comes first in his/her state with his/her printed on the national dailies, would PTDF now deny him/her because he/she has Harvard admission and not a school in Germany or Brazil? Or will PTDF now push the person to free tuition schools when it clearly put Harvard as approved school on their website?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by John93(m): 11:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
TheSCRYPT:

LSS Scholars. Are you talking about Masters/PhD scholars or undergrads? Because that is not true.

Undergraduates. NB: I said 'Some'

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Emmoh: 2:35am On Apr 21, 2017
Pls house can someone forward to me PTDF past questions on HSE through:
seemeomoh@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DMainMan: 5:15am On Apr 21, 2017
Prudento:

there was for country. Don't bother about dis. Give your best.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by headboy4u(m): 6:41am On Apr 21, 2017
U
Atamo:

Please, forward to me last year's general paper.
ronadagi@gmail.com
pls help a brother too elmuhammad4abu@gmail.com
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DMainMan: 7:40am On Apr 21, 2017
DreManuel:

I feel you - I have thought about the same thing, I only held back my fingers up until now.

As far as I can remember, there was no place to specify School/Country in the application forms save course of choice. So if someone now blasts the test and comes first in his/her state with his/her printed on the national dailies, would PTDF now deny him/her because he/she has Harvard admission and not a school in Germany or Brazil? Or will PTDF now push the person to free tuition schools when it clearly put Harvard as approved school on their website?

there was for country. The publication came when things was still alright. Things change. If everything were to b ok with no financial hitches, u could have done your exams long ago.

Prepare for worst. But give your best. Even though we hope for d best, we should be realistic for once and do not let sentiments get d better of us. Accept reality.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Anfieldboss: 8:47am On Apr 21, 2017
Fabnas:

Bro, to be honest nobody has or can give you last year past questions nor questions on your area of specialization. Just prepare by reading materials you can find on the course you applied for and practise English.

Cheers.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Anfieldboss: 8:51am On Apr 21, 2017
DMainMan:

there was for country. The publication came when things was still alright. Things change. If everything were to b ok with no financial hitches, u could have done your exams long ago.

Prepare for worst. But give your best. Even though we hope for d best, we should be realistic for once and do not let sentiments get d better of us. Accept reality.

It was not particularly stated for country. Though some countries were attached to some courses. Like Germany was attached to Thermal Power, Australia was attached to Renewable Energy Engineering, Brazil was attached to Petroleum Engineering. These courses can still be done in other countries.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Anfieldboss: 8:52am On Apr 21, 2017
If we do not get invites today or tomorrow, then the test cannot hold this month again because PTDF usually gives at least a week notice before the test, and the test is usually written on Saturdays.

5 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by jswagg4(m): 10:31am On Apr 21, 2017
Any show?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DMainMan: 11:04am On Apr 21, 2017
Anfieldboss:

It was not particularly stated for country. Though some countries were attached to some courses. Like Germany was attached to Thermal Power, Australia was attached to Renewable Energy Engineering, Brazil was attached to Petroleum Engineering. These courses can still be done in other countries.
yeah.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by dazzlingd(m): 12:03pm On Apr 21, 2017
DMainMan:

German schools are not bad and they have good reputation in engineering courses. However, these are still speculations and ptdf will eventually sponsor scholars to their chosen schools
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DMainMan: 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
dazzlingd:

German schools are not bad and they have good reputation in engineering courses. However, these are still speculations and ptdf will eventually sponsor scholars to their chosen schools
I hope so but d current situation in-house says otherwise. I hope it gets resolved soon though
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by dazzlingd(m): 12:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
DMainMan:

I hope so but d current situation in-house says otherwise. I hope it gets resolved soon though

is there any information in-house that we are not aware of?
Kindly share
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Anfieldboss: 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
DMainMan:

Nigeria has been in recession since late 2015, if the 2016 budget could provide for PTDF sponsoring scholars overseas, I wonder what suddenly happened within 1 year.

I still think it's the 2017 Appropriation Bill that is yet to be passed that is stalling this scholarship. I believe once the 2017 budget is passed, the exams will be conducted.

You can still brief us if you have more information we are not privy to.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Fabnas(m): 4:04pm On Apr 21, 2017
Anfieldboss:

Bro, to be honest nobody has or can give you last year past questions nor questions on your area of specialization. Just prepare by reading materials you can find on the course you applied for and practise English.

Cheers.
tnx bro

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 6:56pm On Apr 21, 2017
Is it possible to hold PTDF scholarship plus some other financial aids say Fellowship from the school of your choice, TA/RA, etc?

I know PTDF says it is not allowed but do they really follow through?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Emasel(m): 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2017
DreManuel:
Is it possible to hold PTDF scholarship plus some other financial aids say Fellowship from the school of your choice, TA/RA, etc?

I know PTDF says it is not allowed but do they really follow through?

If you have TA/RA, you wouldn't need PTDF unless it does not cover tuition.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2017
Emasel:

If you have TA/RA, you wouldn't need PTDF unless it does not cover tuition.

Thanks.

In my case TA requires that you complete a semester before applying, while RA offers come in play after rigorous networking with professors while on campus.

What about getting other partial scholarships/fellowships, can they be kept alongside PTDF? These funds can come in handy esp for someone looking to do OPT after MSc or for someone considering a dual-master's.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (214) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.