Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

I Don't Have A Kobo To Return To EFCC --- Rueben Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't Have A Kobo To Return To EFCC --- Rueben Abati (506 Views)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Efcc's Arrest Of Innoson Motors Boss, Innocent Chukwuma / Abati: I Don’t Have A Kobo To Refund To EFCC / Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Finally Surrenders To efcc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Don't Have A Kobo To Return To EFCC --- Rueben Abati by Freegift75: 5:31pm On Nov 03, 2016
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/214431-abati-makes-u-turn-says-doesnt-kobo-refund-efcc.html

Detained former presidential spokesman, Reuben Abati, has told the Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission that he does not have any money to refund to the government, sources within the agency said.

The sources told PREMIUM TIMES that Mr. Abati told interrogators that he had no immediate means of sourcing the amount for which he is being detained.

The EFCC accuses Mr. Abati of receiving N50 million from the former National Security Adviser, Sambo
Dasuki. The money was part of $2.1 billion allocated for purchase of arms for the fight against Boko Haram, the EFCC says.

The latest development came days after Mr. Abati reportedly promised to refund N5 million. The former presidential spokesperson has been in EFCC detention since turning himself in last week Monday.

Apart from being unable to refund the money, Mr. Abati also allegedly told investigators that he could not provide documentary evidence showing how
he spent the N50 million.

Mr. Abati reportedly said he disbursed the money as cash and material gifts to journalists during the 2015 campaign.

Asked to name names of media practitioners who
benefited from the largess, Mr. Abati said he did not
keep such records.

“We thought he would be able to pay N5 million
yesterday, but it turned out that he doesn’t have any
money,” a source told PREMIUM TIMES Monday.
Our source also clarified that Mr. Abati had met his
bail conditions since Friday, but the EFCC had
refused to release him.

The EFCC had on October 26 granted Mr. Abati an administrative bail, and required as one of the conditions for his release, a surety of the level of director in the federal civil service.

Those conditions were met on Friday, our source said, but the EFCC failed to release him because of the
stalemate over the N50 million.

The EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, did not
respond to requests for comment

Re: I Don't Have A Kobo To Return To EFCC --- Rueben Abati by talktonase(m): 5:35pm On Nov 03, 2016
People Wey been no get opportunity to steal money where given the opportunity to make a lot of noise that infuriated the opposition.I guess that is what has put you in EFCC cell...
Re: I Don't Have A Kobo To Return To EFCC --- Rueben Abati by ever811(m): 5:44pm On Nov 03, 2016
... no problem but you will definitely have the time to spend in jail...oga!! what have this country done to you demons,that you won't forgive but swore to bring the country to rot?...see your black face like camel ynash...
Re: I Don't Have A Kobo To Return To EFCC --- Rueben Abati by Mynd44: 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2016

(1)

Revealed: Governor Bello In German Hospital For Eye Surgery. / GOOD NEWS! Presidency Takes BIG Step To Stop Fulani Herdsmen Attacks / OMG! TB Joshua Deletes Prophecy Of Clinton Win From His Facebook Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.