Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,715 members, 7,831,255 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Urgent Help... It's A Tax Issue - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Urgent Help... It's A Tax Issue (471 Views)

Tax Issue With FIRS - I Need Help / How To Apply For A Tax Identification Number (TIN) In Nigeria / The Rhythm Of A Tax Defaulter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help... It's A Tax Issue by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 03, 2016
pls what's the official Age one will reach to start paying tax... am 26 and want to open patent medicine store but PSN said I should bring my tax clearance receipt...
Re: Urgent Help... It's A Tax Issue by CuteTj(m): 9:36pm On Nov 03, 2016
NurseEze1:
pls what's the official Age one will reach to start paying tax... am 26 and want to open patent medicine store but PSN said I should bring my tax clearance receipt...
There is no official age to start paying tax. I guess you're thinking its 18 and above but its not so. If you earn profit or income then you are liable to pay tax.

Take for example, If a 1 year old child whose parents bought a property and registered it in his/her name. If the parents sell the house and make a gain on it, it is expected that the child (since its the kid's name on the property) pays tax. Tax laws doesn't recognise minors. If you make profit, then you definitely must pay tax...

As for you, at 26 years old, haven't you worked with an organisation (either private or government) before now??

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Myths That Limit Financial Liberation {Must Read} / Underground Secrets To Earning Online / BDCs Agree To Sell Dollar At N400

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.