Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,928 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

How Do I Go On About Applying For A Nigerian Passport For My Daughther - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Go On About Applying For A Nigerian Passport For My Daughther (3638 Views)

I Need Info About Applying For A Permanent Residence In The US. / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Go On About Applying For A Nigerian Passport For My Daughther by smoothop1: 10:52am On Oct 29, 2009
Hi Guys

My 3 months old daughter has a British passport as her mother is British and i also have a Nigerian passport. i would like to apply for a Nigerian passport for her so she would not need to apply for a Nigerian visa when i decide to take her to Nigeria next year for holidays

my questions are:

how long does it take to apply for a baby's passport at the Nigerian high commission in London?

will i and my baby have to be there in person?

if they do postal application do i still have to sent her British passport and birth certificate? instead of photocopies

i work on a 2 week shit rota at work and would want to know what u could suggest about taking leave from work, coming back to collect the passport if issued or give my mum all the documents she needs for the application and do it all as my mum lives in London (i live in newcastle)

my wife is a White British and was wondering if it was possible for her to apply for a Nigerian passport as she is married to me
Re: How Do I Go On About Applying For A Nigerian Passport For My Daughther by segzeybaba(m): 11:35am On Oct 29, 2009
surf http://www.nhcuk.org/ for more information about Nigerian passport and visas.

As for your wife, she got to be living and working in Nigeria for 5years before been eligible for Nigeria citizenship.

My advice will be to apply for visas for both of them (wife and daughter) after your arrival in Nigeria, get a passport for your daughter (easier and cheaper) and get a Nigeria temporary residence permit for your wife, i think its valid for 5years, so she wont be applying for any visas.

You might have to come to London to apply for the visas as Nigeria house cant be trusted with documentation, trust me

Hope this help! cool
Re: How Do I Go On About Applying For A Nigerian Passport For My Daughther by smoothop1: 12:48pm On Oct 29, 2009
can the application not be made on my behalf
Re: How Do I Go On About Applying For A Nigerian Passport For My Daughther by segzeybaba(m): 2:42pm On Oct 29, 2009
your wife can lodge in her application, just provide her with the necessary documents
Re: How Do I Go On About Applying For A Nigerian Passport For My Daughther by joxiri: 2:57pm On Oct 29, 2009
bla bla bla how did you get your nigerian passport that used to go to obodoyibo to marry that british girl
can the application be made on your behalf, when you got ur british passport was it made on your behalf
am sure you know how to get a nig passport its not rocket science
Re: How Do I Go On About Applying For A Nigerian Passport For My Daughther by smoothop1: 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2009
bla bla bla how did you get your nigerian passport that used to go to obodoyibo to marry that british girl
  can the application be made on your behalf, when you got your british passport was it made on your behalf
   am sure you know how to get a nig passport its not rocket science

joxiri there is no need to be sarcastic to people especially when they ask for help!!!!!
i was refering to my daughther's passport being applied on her behalf, To apply for a UK e-passport all u need to do is send your passport photographs and application form and also documents if needed and not be there in person. i am aware that the MRP Nigerian passport requires u to have your picture taken by the Nigerian Immigration Service. I was under the impression that could be the same procedure for the Nigerian e-passport. What i meant as on my daughter behalf was for my mum who lives in london to submitt her application for her instead of me coming down to london

I did not go to obodoyibo to marry "that british Girl". as u may know my clever it a crime to marry girl as that will make u a pedeo as u cannat marry an underage
Re: How Do I Go On About Applying For A Nigerian Passport For My Daughther by joxiri: 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2009
I can only laugh,
Re: How Do I Go On About Applying For A Nigerian Passport For My Daughther by smoothop1: 6:44pm On Oct 30, 2009
keep it that way then

(1) (Reply)

Us Citizen Wanting To Visit Or Possibly Move To Nigeria / Aaaaaaa / Romania Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.