Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Best Fighting Game Of All Time? - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Best Fighting Game Of All Time? (16545 Views)

Fighting-game Tournament In Lagos! / Need Fighting Game Warriors In Port Harcourt! / Best Fighting Game On PS3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by gbadex1(m): 10:47am On Jan 21, 2007
Ayo Opon is King tongue
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by gbadex1(m): 10:49am On Jan 21, 2007
Ayo Opon is King tongue
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by Lush: 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2007
@ gabde. X, is this "Ayo opon" thing that yoruba game with 2 players moving around beads among 12 holes You're not serious o grin
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by gbadex1(m): 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2007
:d :d :d :d :d :p
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by Gamine(f): 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2007
Ayo Opon, Whut the!!
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by echowords(m): 10:58pm On Jan 27, 2007
grin grin grin
@DMZ
I guess guile aint my type, A lot of good competition here, though we are finished with sf. what about the later sf versions what do think of guile there and Garuda
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by Lush: 3:02am On Jan 28, 2007
I think Garuda is just plain irritating angry Anytime his spikes connect, i curse. He's always all over the place, especially when he's on his combo run, you know you're in deep doo doo. Needless to say, he mops the floor with me most times undecided
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by dakmanzero(m): 9:50am On Feb 04, 2007
Garuda is a broken piece of trash and one of the many reasons the EX series are regarded with scorn by the sf community.

EX is a broken game to start with, so we cant really do any tier comparisions with that piece of crap. Do u know allen schneider has a 100% life combo? ridiculously easy to do as well. If sf33s, to do Makoto's 3-hit perfect you need the skills of a diety. Any fool can scrub out Garuda's movesg
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by ChieFoH(m): 2:18pm On Apr 04, 2007
My brother and i are seriously looking for contenders in tekken 5 on ps2 in lagos  WE ARE  THE KINGS OF IRON FIST TOURNAMENT V, we have mercilessly dealt with all the contenders we have come across and the game is now boring to us because we cannot find our match

IS ANYONE ON THIS FORUM UP TO THE TASK

Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by moondust(m): 10:11am On Apr 05, 2007
anyone who has really been a gamer from the onset knows that SF2 turbo is the most successful fighting game of all time. Blanka is the man, for those who know,
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by shockreaction(m): 10:12am On Apr 05, 2007
Street Fighter defined the genre. Case closed.
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by Gamine(f): 1:42pm On Apr 05, 2007
Shockreaction u nailed it. case closed.
Blanka? love him!
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by Christino(m): 5:26pm On Apr 05, 2007
Tekken is the realest fighting game, others are filled with moves that humans are yet to achieve like fireballs and bullshits angry

Tekken is Jackie Chan, SF, MK & others are Jet Li's grin
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:27pm On Apr 05, 2007
Street Fighter
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by dakmanzero(m): 3:23pm On Apr 06, 2007
@christino no dey misyarn o

are you telling me that people deliver uppercuts that send their opponents flying 7 meters away in real life? Or shoot laser beams from their eyes? fight 9 foot tall fire breathing ogres? Get impaled by swords and stand right up again? drain the life from each other with japanese JAZZ?

dude. Tekken is just as unrealistic as street fighter. Up until tekken 3 the tekken guys even jumped higher. (in fact pouncing is still pretty high)

If you want a realistic fighting game that is not crap (most realistic fighters are rubbish) try virtua fighter. There is still oje marina in that one (backflip kicks) but its not as ludicrous at tekken with its fighting bears and wall-smashing paul phoenix power punches.

Tekken even has teleporting (raven) and fireballs just like sf!
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by ChieFoH(m): 11:55pm On Apr 06, 2007
too much talk on this thread, lets put these skills into action, does anyone one in lagos have the balls to contest me in tekken 5
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by showbobo(m): 2:52am On Apr 08, 2007
MK is the best wink wink wink
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by Christino(m): 8:37am On Apr 08, 2007
@ Darkman

I'm not a big fan of fighting games but were all those things you mentioned pre-Tekken 3 but for pouncing? No matter what I still can't compare it to the the amount of Huge Lies in Sf and Mk. Those ones are way too much.

First time i laid hands on tekken, i felt a martial artist was in control, but from day 1 i knew sf and mk were for freaks! cheesy

I hate fireball games. Only in MK will a fighter shoot an opponent like 8 times and the dude won't die.
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by Christino(m): 8:41am On Apr 08, 2007
@ Gbade, if you think Ayo Opon is king, PM me i'll send you the software. Plus you've forgotten Ludo, i have that too on software (but for 4 players), Monopoly is on the way. grin

LUDO,Poker & Whot for sheezy, no lies, simply whooping of arses.
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by MP007(m): 9:33am On Apr 08, 2007
yea right .tekken ma foot , come on people , remember MORTAL KOMBAT? thats my all time,
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by breeolan(f): 11:07am On Apr 10, 2007
street fighter is nice, but Tekken 5 is da bomb too
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by ChieFoH(m): 11:58am On Apr 10, 2007
@breeolan
nice pic! where do u work?
that office looks alot like allied soft where i did my it in v/i, of which do u know how to play tekken?
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by kannymoore(m): 12:42pm On Apr 10, 2007
i really remember those days, , jump-kick,uppercut.tatsuryuken, daze, jump -punch, uppercut hadoken, , double daze and then a superbly taken up-tatsuryuken, finished with a combination of uppercut shoryuken.

chei, , those were the days. u guys hare ereally made me wipe my eyes with tears of nostalgia.  i really doubt if i'd be able to re-enact those moves in streetfighter anymore.

for now, , i guess i'll stick to my adventure games  and tekken.
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by breeolan(f): 1:53pm On Apr 10, 2007
ChieFoH:

@breeolan
nice pic! where do u work?
that office looks alot like allied soft where i did my it in v/i, of which do u know how to play tekken?

i work in a bank and mind u, that is nt my office, that is d store,  grin

thanks 4 d compliment anyway, and yss i love to play games wen i can, and i do play tekken 5, used top play street fighter since i was a kid, bt tekken 5 is jst it now, if i ever wanna play
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by ChieFoH(m): 4:55pm On Apr 10, 2007
@breeolan

hmmm, female fighting gamer, never seen one before, tried teaching my girlfriend how to play tekken 5 and the moves just refused to stick in her head, lets hook up someday, tomorrow maybe, after work. . . see how good you are, my office is on karimu kotun
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by dakmanzero(m): 6:19pm On Apr 10, 2007
@Chiefoh, u think say u be hard man, eh? If u are on karimu kotuin I challenge you to obtain a psp and challenge me on tekken:dark ressurection or street fighter alpha 3. Dare You.

Tekken 5, well who knows, maybe, but on dark resurection my Xiaoyu will KILL you DEAD.

@breeolan

Nice to hear you play and enjoy fighting games! Do you play them competitively?

@christino

sf and MK are not for freaks. If you don't enjoy the games don't insult the people that do. And yes, tekken 3 etc include those ridiculous moves. I said it before- the only fighting game that really manages to be realistic and playable at the same time is VF. I love tekken as well, but claiming that it is more realistic than sf is just absurd.
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by ChieFoH(m): 10:36pm On Apr 10, 2007
@darkmanzero

Tekken anytin i kil you! yes i be hard mann. . . bring it on, but can't we get dark resurection on ps2 cuz i don't have a psp could get one though. . . are you on the island also? how can we hook up?
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by breeolan(f): 8:25am On Apr 11, 2007
@ ChiefOH,

i close late and i mst say that my skills are nt that tight anymore, tho' i can stilll kick some asses, not today, sme other time wink
and if dats ur pic u av on ur profile, ur cute, smiley

@dakmanzero

i do play competitively then, with my friend and my bro, i play this game at a place called hangout, its really nice, try it,
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by adrian5(m): 11:36am On Apr 12, 2007
Without a doubt : SF 2 Turbo
The baddest of all time
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by kellorah: 4:13pm On Apr 12, 2007
tekken
beat down
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by kokorunna(m): 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2007
On a psp console

Fight Night Round 3
Tekken Dark Resurrection
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
Mortal Kombat

Wicked embarassed
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by ChieFoH(m): 8:34am On Apr 14, 2007
@breeolan

how fa with you nowww have'n t heard from you, plus you have'nt accepted my yim request, mayowa2papas@yahoo.com, tot we'd be able to hook up before this compulsory long break obj is giving us, anyways, how late could you possibly close, i'll wait for you, and drop you at home, (as long as it's lagos sha!) and how come ur so young and you have a job already? i'll prefer we have this discussion private and not on this forum, holla lemme know when your yim ll be on or just send me a mail, mayowa2papas@yahoo.com.

peace!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fifa 09 Vs Pes2009 / Baba Ijebu's Lottery Bonanza On Saturday....can He Pay All Winners? / List Of Sites To Download Mobile Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.