Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Best Fighting Game Of All Time? - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Best Fighting Game Of All Time? (16544 Views)

Fighting-game Tournament In Lagos! / Need Fighting Game Warriors In Port Harcourt! / Best Fighting Game On PS3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by count(m): 10:48am On Apr 14, 2007
sf is the undoubted king of fighting games. favourite character? i'll take ryu and guile.
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by kellorah: 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2007
tekken
mortal kombat
beat down
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by 9ja4eva: 11:59pm On Apr 14, 2007
Mortal Kombat

Street Fighter
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by echowords(m): 12:51pm On Apr 15, 2007
street fighter revolutionized the genre,but its a dead series now so i will Give it to MK.its just as old as SF(long time rival games) and still going strong
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by 9ja4eva: 7:02am On Apr 16, 2007
Yeah bt i still love SF
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by Lush: 8:12am On Apr 16, 2007
Street fighter still has its "pick-up-and-play" factor going for it but MK, although has evolved over the years, the game mechanics doesnt look too real anymore. You just need to compare the animation when Yoshimitsu's running in Tekken to when they run in MK. They're worlds apart, but i've got to give it to MK for having all that gore and characters.

Anyhoo, has anybody any idea as to an excellent fighting based game on the psp that supports infrastructure mode? I'm not a fan of the ad-hoc mode, you always have to look around for someone with a psp who's got the same game and who you wont beat silly in the first 5 clicks undecided
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by ChieFoH(m): 10:26am On Apr 16, 2007
breeolan where r uuuuuu
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by dakmanzero(m): 10:42am On Apr 16, 2007
chiefoh, u chased her away with your stalker-like talk. Next time be more chilled out! Not easy to be a female gamer u know, its like being a male nurse!

lush- fighting games dont work well over the 'net. Latency kills them. DOA4 only works for an elite few and even then only those in close physical proximity (same country)- plus it is designed in such a way that allows it to forgive timing errors. STreet fighter absolutely does NOT, which is why 360 njet streetfighter is not very good.

fighting games have always been about

FACE

to

FACE!!!!
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by ChieFoH(m): 11:09am On Apr 16, 2007
sad awwhh breeolan, i'm sorry, please come back, i would'nt stalk u again.

crying profusely
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by ChieFoH(m): 11:13am On Apr 16, 2007
@darkmanzero

Tot we were supposed to hook up so i could give ur ass a good trashing in tekken?
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by dansmith1(m): 1:44pm On Apr 16, 2007
@ ChieFoH

Hey. Did u finally meet up with darkmanzero to trash his ass? Anyway I happen to be very good at tekken 5 or tekken:dr Was wondering how we could get to play. I stay in Lag. I use Kazuya,bruce irvin & armor king. what bout u?

@darkmanzero

Sup. r u related to DarkmanX (DMX) in anyway? lol? Anyway are u good at tekken?

The Most competitive fighting games include: Street Fighter series except EX, Tekken series and Virtua Fighter series.
Soul calibur 2 is very good just not bad competitive. I guess the best beat-em-up concerning popularity, gameplay, competitiveness and lastability should go to street fighter!!!
However MY personal best is Killer Instinct arcade
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by ChieFoH(m): 2:13pm On Apr 16, 2007
dan smith are you  sure your up to the task ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO CONTEST THE KING OF IRON FIST TOURNAMENT V

My brother uses bryan fury but i am a multicharacter user, i use yoshimitsu best, then bryan fury, marshal law, king and the sumo wrestler.

I also stay in lagos, which area is best for you? ajah, ikeja, luth or unilag? i could be in any of those places just to give your ass a good trashing  angry  holla at me let me know if we could hook up after work today

wink
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by ChieFoH(m): 2:22pm On Apr 16, 2007
i'll also request that you bring your own pad so that there will be no issues of bad pad of any sought.
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by dakmanzero(m): 6:20pm On Apr 16, 2007
lol i see more fighting gamers in the house!

Hmmm. Maybe there's now a reason for me to actually play tekken5 on my ps2 for a change! Once i've ironed the kinks out of my unstoppable Xiaoyu, we'll face off and see who's boss!

@dan smith do u play soulcalibur 2? I am about to sell my copy of xbox sc2 cos I cant find anyone to play against and the computer is totally useless (plus single[player mode is boring to tears) but if i had good opponents show up every now n then i may reconsioder (the 360 pad is crap for digital games sha so i may still fling it anyway, )
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by moondust(m): 6:29pm On Apr 16, 2007
ChieFoH:

@breeolan

how fa with you nowww have'n t heard from you, plus you have'nt accepted my yim request, mayowa2papas@yahoo.com, tot we'd be able to hook up before this compulsory long break obj is giving us, anyways, how late could you possibly close, i'll wait for you, and drop you at home, (as long as it's lagos sha!) and how come your so young and you have a job already? i'll prefer we have this discussion private and not on this forum, holla let me know when your yim ll be on or just send me a mail, mayowa2papas@yahoo.com.

peace!

bros cool down o, d babe no go answer u as u dey toast am openly like dis. Use her email addy abeg, if u're so bent on seein d chic. but remember dat pictures could be deceptive. I'm not implying anything o.Just a concerned brother talkin
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by Lush: 11:18pm On Apr 16, 2007
Did somebody say SC2? I've been known to make grown men cry but not on the xbox, me and microsoft don't have chemistry. I've been in retirement for a while but retirement sucks and its time to unbox my trusty pad once more. I also do Tekken, i can't be bothered what version it is as long as i've got Kazuya or Jin in my corner. Oooya oooya, whaaaaaa ,   angry

Forgive my excitement, i'm reminiscing about irritating people with counters & guard breaks  grin
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by bordhe: 6:37am On Apr 17, 2007
SF is the best fighting game.Period!!!
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by eminex(m): 11:00am On Apr 17, 2007
Mortal kombat: Armageddon & The Shaolin Monks is the in thing, Check it out.
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by dansmith1(m): 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2007
ChieFoH, I stay in Maryland Ikeja, however we can game in Unilag like on Thursday or Friday, how about that? I recommend u come with ur bro too, makes things more interesting.

@ darkmanzero

Yes I played soul calibur 2 on my gamecube till it got scratched all by itself, it is quite an easy, and fun game to play not much competition tho, and little technicality. Currently am lokking fwd to playing sf:third strike, vf 5 and tekken 6.
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by ChieFoH(m): 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2007
@ dan smith
cool man! coool so do u have a venue in unilag or i should set up one? u know unilag well shay? let say hi rise boys quaters block B thursday evening is it ok by you?

@ forum
anyone else who also want to game can come along
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by echowords(m): 11:59pm On Apr 17, 2007
Nigeria Live. Maybe you guys can record this stuff and upload it on youtube for the rest of us to see.

more info on the stuff sha i might just show up.
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by ChieFoH(m): 12:07am On Apr 18, 2007
the more the merrier
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by 9ja4eva: 4:57am On Apr 18, 2007
Tekken
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by dakmanzero(m): 9:55am On Apr 18, 2007
@dan smith

SC is *high* in terms of technicality, The problem you (and I) are facing is no competition. The CPU does NOT play the game properly, so a copy of sc with no real competeition is a waste of plastic (hence I need to sell my copy FAST)

back in '99 when the DC was new a game house in my area opened with SC and a group of guys played it to a high level. Even then when we went online the strats were so deep and the level of skill amazing. The game is fast so, if you are not fast enough it may seem like random crazed button spamming but in reality it requires fine-grained timing and by far more positional awareness than tekken, which is all about spacing the pressing your advantage.

High level players claim the GI system is broken but I'm not good enough for that to be a problem!!!!!! You need to be a real ninja to play at that level. Make no mistake SC is a high-techical game.

@chiefoh etc

Dude u seem so eager to meet people and play. Just chill out a bit ok! If u hang out on the forums and we are all cool and relaxed with each other, hooking up to play games wont really be an issue. But keep demanding for opponents like this and you wont get any! How good are you even sef. Who do you use in tekken and whats your strat. Xiaoyu will finish you smiley
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by ChieFoH(m): 10:04am On Apr 18, 2007
i am a multicharacter user, like i said before, i use yoshimitsu best, next to bryan fury, marshall law, king, and the sumo wrestler. xiayou IS WACK, her weak point is that she stays too long on the floor, my bRyan fury will finish her with his upper cut body blow
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by dakmanzero(m): 11:24am On Apr 18, 2007
Beware the xiaoyu, is all I say

Many have blasphemed, many have fallen
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by dansmith1(m): 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2007
@ darkmanzero
I agree with you that there is little or no competition in the game right now. I still think however that the game is not so technical, it's technical quite alright, but the game is actually 'too 3D' to enjoy a steady n competitive 1 on 1 combat. If u realize, most competitive games like sf, n other 2D fighters, even tekken  enjoy some common tecnics in-game such as practicalised combos, juggles, timed moves, linkers n so on, sc2 can get frustrating while doing some of these, am sure u know. I guess the game makes up for all this with its sharp parry and guard impact system, which can or may get repetitive sometimes.  As far as position awareness, the game is diverse, so it depends on the character u r using.

@ChieFoH
That joint in Unilag, I dunno the place but I can  find out! Also could  we shift the date to friday  evening instead cus I will be occupied thru out tomo, and besides it will give time to prepare other potential players.

PS: I do not have the system or CD at the moment, only tekken:dr on psp.
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by Lush: 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2007
All this talk of beating each other senseless is interesting. Like darkmanzero saiz, its only when we're comfortable with ChieFoh that we could possibly gang up on whooping your a*se  angry Anyways, i agree with dardkmanzero regarding SC. Its not a game fo sissies. Button mashers might win the odd round or two but thats where their fun ends. Put an experienced Mitsurugi and Ivy together and you'll see beautiful footwork.

The depth of SC is deep but different from Tekken. People who've played both games will understand what the Lush is talking about. Darkmanzero will agree with me that for every move in SC, there's a counter (not the type of counter we're used to). I particularly dont have a preference because i see Tekken & SC as 2 different games but with high replay factor cos i'm always looking to hone my skills. That dont mean i'm not good but i guess you'll have to challenge me to know.
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by ChieFoH(m): 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2007
is everybody ok with friday evening? not sure if it's a public holiday (hope it is)

@lush

"its only when we're comfortable with ChieFoh that we could possibly gang up on whooping your a*se" just wondering, do i sound mischievious or like a con artist? i tot part of the fun of having cyber friends and local forums was so peeps could hook up some day. (apart from yahoo sturvz sha grin ).
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by dakmanzero(m): 4:36pm On Apr 18, 2007
@chiefoh

well, thats true, but the truth is that
a. this is naija
b. this is naija
c. this is naija

It really is weird when you buimp into a total stranger online and he starts asking foir your name, location, when can we hook up, etc etc etc. Just feels wrong, and I wont blame anyone who doesnt feel like disrupting hios schedule to meet some stranger

Ive met some nairalanders but we practically knew ourselves insiode out before we met in person considering the volume of phone calls, emails, yahoo chats etc tyhat went beforehand. And yes, picture-exchanging (so u could even recognise yourself the first time u meet!)

So just chill. The king of NL tournament shall be a reality! If there are enough fighting gamers here that is. So far, only 4 names. kinda, meh!

@lush

Yep, footwork is the word.  Sc is amazing when you watch masters at work. You have to think in three dimensions and the movements of the characters are actually important unlike tekken, where its the heading,range and speed mostly. for example you could whip your sword in a 360 arc and depending on whether it went connterclockwise or clockwise you may./may not get thye drop on a rapidly sidestepping opponent.

@dan smith

You say many true things- however most of them merely highlight the differences between tk and sc, rather than prove that sc is less deep than tekken. For example, the fact that okizeme (ground game) and juggles are not as precise and guaranteed to connect as tekken is integral to the game style of sc. You are oplaying a consisitent mind game , even when flyuing through the air. In sc you can direct your fall and affect the outcome of a juggle. Couple this with the ring-out aspect and you'll see the potential is vast.

sc is not combo=-based butt is still deep. For similar games, see samuraui shodown 2- nearly impossible to pull off a decent combo but no-one will claim it isnt deep.
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by ChieFoH(m): 4:52pm On Apr 18, 2007
no probs
Re: Best Fighting Game Of All Time? by Onmata: 11:21am On Apr 19, 2007
Hey Lush,i kind of like your name,whatever it means.i am a new member and just happened to read your replies to aquestions concerning the peopleprime test.i got invited too and i have been wondering what to expect,but your replies just put me a little bit at ease.i do hope it turns out well.and something else,how are thier maths questions?its a little bit scary for those of us who are not maths oriented.well goodluck with your new job and Gods blessing and favour.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fifa 09 Vs Pes2009 / Baba Ijebu's Lottery Bonanza On Saturday....can He Pay All Winners? / List Of Sites To Download Mobile Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.