Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Help Can Someone Share Their Experiences About How They Deal With Suffering. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help Can Someone Share Their Experiences About How They Deal With Suffering. (909 Views)

Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) / Share Your Funniest, Scariest And Surprising Experiences In Life Here. / Have You Lived In A Public House In Nigeria? Share Your Funny Experiences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Can Someone Share Their Experiences About How They Deal With Suffering. by S6390380: 2:06am On Nov 04, 2016
How do you guy deal with the lowest point in your life? I was suffering on my fourth year of the university. I did very well in my first and second year. But in the third year my grade was suddenly dropped. I began to lost mark even on the courses that I was confident with. I feel I am falling into a vicious cycle. The more I depressed, the less I am motivated to study, the less I am motivated to study, I lost more grades. And I have all kinds of negative thoughts around my head and I just could not let it go. I constantly think about one of my professor’s smirk when I went to her office talked about my grades and she showed no sympathy and did not willing to offer too much help. I constantly think about the people who surpassed me. When someone mention something relates to GPA I got super depressed. I constantly thinking about if I failed or get a bad grade in another courses how can I even handle it. At the same time, I feel overwhelmed about tons of things I need to do and don’t know where to start. I am worried about the future a lot as well. . I don’t know what can I do and think is too late to make a change. In the first, second and third year I have not took part in too much social activities and part time jobs. Therefore, all I can count on is my grade. I really don’t know with a bad grade and no social experiences how can I survive in this society in the future. Can someone share their experiences about how they deal or went through their lowest point of life
Re: Help Can Someone Share Their Experiences About How They Deal With Suffering. by S6390380: 2:12am On Nov 04, 2016
I really hope someone can help, I am really really depressed
Re: Help Can Someone Share Their Experiences About How They Deal With Suffering. by acenazt: 2:33am On Nov 04, 2016
First just stop studying entirely. Accept it that you r suffering and need to get rid of the depression so get something totally different from what you generally do. Do something else for a change
Re: Help Can Someone Share Their Experiences About How They Deal With Suffering. by S6390380: 2:42am On Nov 04, 2016
acenazt:
First just stop studying entirely. Accept it that you r suffering and need to get rid of the depression so get something totally different from what you generally do. Do something else for a change

I was thinking about find a new job.But I have lots of project need to be done. Otherwise I will fail the courses and I cannot afford the payments to take the course again. Also, I don't know if it is too late for me to find a new job as in the first and second year I was just a nerd and have not participated in so much social activities.First, with no experiences It would be hard to find a job. Second, even if I find a job, the things could be write on my resume are still very few because I wasted my first and second year on studying.
Re: Help Can Someone Share Their Experiences About How They Deal With Suffering. by acenazt: 3:41am On Nov 04, 2016
S6390380:

I was thinking about find a new job.But I have lots of project need to be done. Otherwise I will fail the courses and I cannot afford the payments to take the course again. Also, I don't know if it is too late for me to find a new job as in the first and second year I was just a nerd and have not participated in so much social activities.First, with no experiences It would be hard to find a job. Second, even if I find a job, the things could be write on my resume are still very few because I wasted my first and second year on studying.
you didn't waste em. Just engage in something social,go out with the boys during the weekends. Then Read to pass not to understand. Get done with the course
Re: Help Can Someone Share Their Experiences About How They Deal With Suffering. by Tellemall: 3:52am On Nov 04, 2016
Re: Help Can Someone Share Their Experiences About How They Deal With Suffering. by DickDastardly(m): 4:39am On Nov 04, 2016
I was once like you. I even had to drop two years in school cause i needed to switch from physics to chemical engineering. Meaning my former coursemates became two years ahead of me in same school. It all later became so depressing, and i thought my life would have gone with the crisis i passed through then. I nearly unnecessarily worried myself into nervous breakdown back then. Thank God i pulled through and its all in my past now.
There must be some other things you love doing or might wish to learn to boost your confidence. Like somebody already already told you, education guarantees you nothing here in nigeria. So you might just focus on reading to pass your exams and worry less about 1st class or 2.1, as such conscious apprehension makes it even more harder for you to achieve anything.
Even our own Oga SEUN once dropped out of school due to personal challenges, but see who he is today? I bet he will only laugh when he looks back at his fears back then.
You can send me a private email lets go into details. I assure you that most great men passed through bigger stuff to become who they are today. Like iron passes through the hottest fire to get to its finest shape and form. Abeg free your mind cheesy
Re: Help Can Someone Share Their Experiences About How They Deal With Suffering. by S6390380: 4:48am On Nov 04, 2016
Tellemall:
First off, you sound like you're depressed. You can either make yourself happy or make yourself sad. I might suggest a medical approach to that if you find yourself so overwhelmed. But I think you're simply sad about your education.

Secondly, you need to realize that nobody but you can correct your wrongs. Your professor laughed, and so what? You should use that as a motivation. Do what you need to.

Thirdly, you're feeling this way because you put your all into education. You were probably told that if you read hard enough you will get a good job. Well, that's not entirely true. Going through nairaland headlines you can see that people do not even get jobs based on educational performance. You need to get yourself out of feeling that the only thing that makes you who you are is your book knowledge. You may not have been outgoing, but now is the time for you to get a few skills and qualifications outside your degree. It doesn't need to be a big certification, just something that you can use and that gives you a feeling of accomplishment.

Lastly, if you couldn't finish the race, why did you ever begin? You need to realize that you can still complete the race. Not everybody has the same destiny. But everybody still runs. What makes you so special that you want to get depressed about something so trivial? You think you're the first to experience such? Get over yourself.

Thank you, I know for lots of successful people education does not weigh so much. That is because lots of them have lots of social experiences in the past and they have strong social skills. But social skill is not my strength and is not possible to have this skill in only one year.
Re: Help Can Someone Share Their Experiences About How They Deal With Suffering. by S6390380: 4:49am On Nov 04, 2016
DickDastardly:
I was once like you. I even had to drop two years in school cause i needed to switch from physics to chemical engineering. Meaning my former coursemates became two years ahead of me in same school. It all later became so depressing, and i thought my life would have gone with the crisis i passed through then. I nearly unnecessarily worried myself into nervous breakdown back then. Thank God i pulled through and its all in my past now.
There must be some other things you love doing or might wish to learn to boost your confidence. Like somebody already already told you, education guarantees you nothing here in nigeria. So you might just focus on reading to pass your exams and worry less about 1st class or 2.1, as such conscious apprehension makes it even more harder for you to achieve anything.
Even our own Oga SEUN once dropped out of school due to personal challenges, but see who he is today? I bet he will only laugh when he looks back at his fears back then.
You can send me a private email lets go into details. I assure you that most great men passed through bigger stuff to become who they are today. Like iron passes through the hottest fire to get to its finest shape and form. Abeg free your mind cheesy

I feel better to hear someone who has went through the similar thing as I am but
I know for lots of successful people education does not weigh so much. That is because lots of them have lots of social experiences in the past and they have strong social skills. But social skills are not my strength and is not possible to have these skills in only one year.
Re: Help Can Someone Share Their Experiences About How They Deal With Suffering. by Tellemall: 4:52am On Nov 04, 2016
S6390380:

Thank you, I know for lots of successful people education does not weigh so much. That is because lots of them have lots of social experiences in the past and they have strong social skills. But social skill is not my strength and is not possible to have this skill in only one year.

It's easier to develope social skills in a year than to raise your GPA by 3 points.

Quit sounding so beaten..

Remember why you began. Quitters never win, and winners never quit.

The mental resilience of an educational failure is always stronger than that of one who gets through it easier, and that's why they always are better off. I know very rich people who do not have a degree and are polished, and employ the ones who went to school to work for them.

Mind over matter.

1 Like

Re: Help Can Someone Share Their Experiences About How They Deal With Suffering. by S6390380: 4:56am On Nov 04, 2016
Tellemall:

It's easier to develope social skills in a year than to raise your GPA by 3 points.

Quit sounding so beaten..

Remember why you began.

haha that is true grin
Re: Help Can Someone Share Their Experiences About How They Deal With Suffering. by Tellemall: 4:58am On Nov 04, 2016
S6390380:

haha that is true grin

There you go. Do what you can.
wink

(1) (Reply)

See Why A Man Vomits Snake At Ijesha Market / Register And Get Free $10 To Invest / Price Of Petrol: See What David-West Promised Of Buhari's Government (with Pic).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.