Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

FIRS Earns N2.7tr Revenue In 9 Months – Fowler - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIRS Earns N2.7tr Revenue In 9 Months – Fowler (2003 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Osinbajo With Tunde Fowler / Buhari Rejects N1.7tr Ransom For Chibok Girls / Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS Earns N2.7tr Revenue In 9 Months – Fowler by freeze001(f): 9:30am On Nov 05, 2016
TimeManager:
You talked about IGR, but need I remind you that the more IGR, the more it's shared among the states on a monthly. considering FG's obligations among others

You pointed out Fiscal federalism; do you also know that it'd require aconstitutional amendment?, do we have the luxury as we speak?. The surest alternative is borrowing as long as we depend on oil.

Now you've actually read and slightly improved but the effect of d zombie serum u overdosed on still overwhelms u. You sit wherever u are and say we don't have the luxury of getting things right including evoking a constitutional change that costs nothing but borrowing is a better alternative? Like a constitutional change is a luxury while borrowing isn't? shocked I'm not surprised...

You can't have all that stench and just try using perfume or air fresher without identifying and taking out the cause of the odour! That'd be absolute stupidity which u seem to advocate. I'd rather any borrowing be done if necessary after the foundations have been corrected and d basis of development addressed and overhauled via the constitution.
Re: FIRS Earns N2.7tr Revenue In 9 Months – Fowler by tuniski: 9:37am On Nov 05, 2016
freeze001:
With all of these, exactly why do we need to borrow more external funds? Is there a breakdown somewhere of the collation, application and disbursement of our IGR? Have all available human and natural resources been exploited? Is it out of place to implement strict regional and fiscal restructuring to further open up more fronts of simultaneous development in line with the pace and dictates of the people? angry undecided
These are monies that have been shared in the monthly allocations. They are only reporting past tense.
Re: FIRS Earns N2.7tr Revenue In 9 Months – Fowler by TimeManager(m): 9:48am On Nov 05, 2016
freeze001:

Now you've actually read and slightly improved but the effect of d zombie serum u overdosed on still overwhelms u. You sit wherever u are and say we don't have the luxury of getting things right including evoking a constitutional change that costs nothing but borrowing is a better alternative? Like a constitutional change is a luxury while borrowing isn't? shocked I'm not surprised...

You can't have all that stench and just try using perfume or air fresher without identifying and taking out the cause of the odour! That'd be absolute stupidity which u seem to advocate. I'd rather any borrowing be done if necessary after the foundations have been corrected and d basis of development addressed and overhauled via the constitution. Let's talk if you've ever owned & managed a shop, yes, a shop
Do you even have the slightest idea of the rigors involved in constitutional amendments?. Let's talk if you've ever owned & managed a shop, yes, a small shop. You sound as shallow in your usual manner. Your stewpidity is profound & it easily gives you away
Beg for forgiveness. Beg the Ring!
Re: FIRS Earns N2.7tr Revenue In 9 Months – Fowler by obailala(m): 9:50am On Nov 05, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Add this to the revenues from Customs, Oil exports, recovered funds and the supposed monnies saved by TSA and you are the one we should be asking questions.
Remember we are supposed to be operating a zero budget, it's obvious the government officials don't understand fully what that means. They just saw a fancy economics term and bandied it about to delude their zombies
You shouldn't allow the big fancy figures you read in the titles push you into irrational delusions as it is doing presently to you and several others on this thread who have been asking why govt can't use these 'massive' funds to finance the budget deficit. The real question you should ask yourself is, where do you think the govt raises the almost N4 trillion it uses for recurrent expenses?

The revenue made so far in 2016 by FIRS still falls within the exact same range that has always been generated at least in the last 4 to 5 years; same goes for Customs, nothing signifantly more has been realised when compared to previous years and most of these moneys still end up servicing just the massive recurrent component of the budget.

The only reason why these figures are news worthy is because despite the massive dip in revenue from oil (oil company tax previously brings more than half of the FIRS revenue) and the reduction in import volume into the country, the FIRS and Customs have somehow been able to still maintain the same level of revenue generation as previous years, possibly due to improved efficiency.
Re: FIRS Earns N2.7tr Revenue In 9 Months – Fowler by freeze001(f): 11:08am On Nov 05, 2016
TimeManager:
Do you even have the slightest idea of the rigors involved in constitutional amendments?. Let's talk if you've ever owned & managed a shop, yes, a small shop. You sound as shallow in your usual manner. Your stewpidity is profound & it easily gives you away

That easy fix of external borrowing is what will keep Nigeria in a perpetual fix because everyone goes to sleep forgetting to fix the core problems. Stop searching for and advocating the easy way out. Those constitutional rigours must be followed through for a ore sustainable development plan.
Re: FIRS Earns N2.7tr Revenue In 9 Months – Fowler by rolchi(m): 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
obailala:
You shouldn't allow the big fancy figures you read in the titles push you into irrational delusions as it is doing presently to you and several others on this thread who have been asking why govt can't use these 'massive' funds to finance the budget deficit. The real question you should ask yourself is, where do you think the govt raises the almost N4 trillion it uses for recurrent expenses?

The revenue made so far in 2016 by FIRS still falls within the exact same range that has always been generated at least in the last 4 to 5 years; same goes for Customs, nothing signifantly more has been realised when compared to previous years and most of these moneys still end up servicing just the massive recurrent component of the budget.

The only reason why these figures are news worthy is because despite the massive dip in revenue from oil (oil company tax previously brings more than half of the FIRS revenue) and the reduction in import volume into the country, the FIRS and Customs have somehow been able to still maintain the same level of revenue generation as previous years, possibly due to improved efficiency.

You make sense! Sometimes you are objective and when you are, it is your finest moment. When you speak 'politicos'....
Re: FIRS Earns N2.7tr Revenue In 9 Months – Fowler by agabusta: 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Add this to the revenues from Customs, Oil exports, recovered funds and the supposed monnies saved by TSA and you are the one we should be asking questions.
Remember we are supposed to be operating a zero budget, it's obvious the government officials don't understand fully what that means. They just saw a fancy economics term and bandied it about to delude their zombies

All the funds being accrued does not belong to the FG alone!

They are shared by all the 36 states and 774 local govts.

The money FIRS, customs and NNPC realises goes into the federation account and not the federal govt account. It is shared as earlier listed.
Re: FIRS Earns N2.7tr Revenue In 9 Months – Fowler by laudate: 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2016
FIRS needs to overhaul its entire mode of tax collection, starting with its' website. angry

The information on their portal is old, outdated and many of the links simply do not work! Yet they collect billions as tax, and in this digital age where information technology allows people to get info at the touch of a button, FIRS is poorly deficient in making accurate info available, online.

Why can't I check the status of my tax payments online?

Why can't I look up the TIN number of any company I am doing business with online, in order to verify if it is genuine or not? shocked

Why can't SMEs pay their tax online?

Why can't I get the address of all FIRS Tax offices & their locations online, so I can know where to head to, in order to pay my taxes?

These chaps are just not handling the whole tax collection thing properly. Instead, they draw up bogus estimates and intimidate hard-working SME owners with false claims and bogus figures, as tax liabilities. sad
Re: FIRS Earns N2.7tr Revenue In 9 Months – Fowler by laudate: 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2016
TimeManager:
Breaking News; I have been banned until 2026!. This is absolutely ridiculous in every sense of the word.
Kiss the truth!

What was your name on NL, in your former life? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

See New Donald Trump Policy That Will Adversely Affect All Nigerians / Nigeria, A Huge Joke —chief Tola Adeniyi / Buhari Surprises Critics, Resumes Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.