Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters (34581 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Osinbajo With Tunde Fowler / 70% Of June Allocation From Non-oil Sector – FIRS Chairman Tunde Fowler / FIRS Job Scandal: Full List Of 349 New Staff Secretly Hired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Built2last: 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
Federal Inland Revenue Service Job Scandal: Full List Of 349 New Staff Secretly Hired By Tunde Fowler

by Sahara Reporters, New York

Jun 15, 2016

A few months after a secret employment exercise by the Central Bank of Nigeria was unearthed by SaharaReporters, another government agency has been hit by a similar scandal. This time the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), headed by Mr. Babatunde Fowler, a protege of Bola Tinubu, the National Leader of All Progressives Congress (APC) has been found to have overseen recruitment excercises in violation of Nigeria's rules of public advertisement.

FIRS, under Fowler, recently employed 3489 new staff. The recruitment exercise, SaharaReporters authoritatively gathered, was not preceded by a public advertisement of vacancies to be filled and approval by the Federal Character Commission as the service rules stipulate. The newly employed persons were inducted in Abuja last Wednesday. Fowler, who was appointed last August by President Muhammadu Buhari, had previously been accused of indifference to service rules on employment by secretly hiring 250 new staff. However, his accusers, could not make the charge stick, as he claimed those hired are not full-time employees but consultants.

The latest findings, however, are accompanied by substantial evidence including the list of new recruits, complete with their states of origin, dates of birth, phone numbers, email addresses, academic qualifications, recommended ranks and proposed duty stations.

The list, exclusively obtained by SaharaReporters, showed that six of the new recruits are of the position of deputy director, while 10 are assistant directors. Thirty-four others are of the rank of deputy manager, while the rest are made up of senior managers, managers, assistant managers and officers. All the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory are represented on the list. Akwa Ibom State, for example, got six slots, while Gombe has 13. Ondo State is a beneficiary of 13 slots. Lagos State, where Fowler hails from, was awarded 14 slots.

Katsina got 18, Kano 15 and Borno 23. Rivers State was given 14 slots. But in certain cases, the list does not show the states of origin and education qualifications of some of the new staff, making it difficult to know they states of origin and qualifications.

Wahab Gbadamosi, FIRS acting Director of Information, told a news website last week that relevant agencies of government approved the recruitment.

"Your enquiry on the targeted recruitment at the Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS refers. We wish to respond as follows: Please note that requisite agencies of government approved the targeted recruitment by the FIRS. Due Process -in recruiting into a Federal Government agency- was followed; The FIRS is a conscientious, law-abiding institution which adheres to statutory rules and procedures; The FIRS is focused on its duty to collect revenue to fund the national budget and pleads that it should be allowed to concentrate on its 2016 target of N4. 9 trillion,” he was quoted to have responded via email.

Noticeably absent from the mail, however, are whether the vacancies were advertised or not and the names of the relevant agencies that green-lighted the recruitment.

As with the CBN recruitment scandal, the list of employed persons reeks of nepotism.

The full list can be viewed below:

NEW_EMPLOYED-FIRS-STAFF.xlsx

http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/15/federal-inland-revenue-service-job-scandal-full-list-349-new-staff-secretly-hired-tunde

1 Share

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 15, 2016
If this is true... FIRS should be probed. Not even now that people are looking for jobs. Enough of this impunity.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Built2last: 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
modelmike7:
If this is true... FIRS should be probed. Not even now that people are looking for jobs. Enough of this impunity.

My dear,

these people are taking Nigerians for a free ride, CBN did their own and many jobless Nigerians allowed it glide.

just watch how even those who borrowed money to load their phones will come here to defend this government.

Emefiele did his his own in CBN did you hear any comment from PMB on that? in an era where millions are job hunting and the employed are being fired.

the Irony is that PMB is busy chasing rat outside while mad corruption is on-going under his watch. in his mind, he has appointed saints.
I am a contractor...Every major contract in Defense must be signed by NSAs office...I thought they will focus on security and intelligence gathering but the present NSA has same powers Dasuki had and milked us dry (Awarding and signing contracts). You cant get your papers approved without greasing hands. a lot is going on but the clueless ones will type rubbish in defence of the government even when they are hungry

203 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
Now, you can see the wailers , AKA, the children of hate commenting, liking, praising Sahara Reporters for this news. Now 'SR' is no more sponsored by Tinubu! When SR reports about the money embezzled by the last administration, the children of hates keep saying it is all lies and they are being partial. Hypocrites!!

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Securedlife(m): 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
Built2last:

by Sahara Reporters, New York

Jun 15, 2016

A few months after a secret employment exercise by the Central Bank of Nigeria was unearthed by SaharaReporters, another government agency has been hit by a similar scandal. This time the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), headed by Mr. Babatunde Fowler, a protege of Bola Tinubu, the National Leader of All Progressives Congress (APC) has been found to have overseen recruitment excercises in violation of Nigeria's rules of public advertisement.

FIRS, under Fowler, recently employed 3489 new staff. The recruitment exercise, SaharaReporters authoritatively gathered, was not preceded by a public advertisement of vacancies to be filled and approval by the Federal Character Commission as the service rules stipulate. The newly employed persons were inducted in Abuja last Wednesday. Fowler, who was appointed last August by President Muhammadu Buhari, had previously been accused of indifference to service rules on employment by secretly hiring 250 new staff. However, his accusers, could not make the charge stick, as he claimed those hired are not full-time employees but consultants.

The latest findings, however, are accompanied by substantial evidence including the list of new recruits, complete with their states of origin, dates of birth, phone numbers, email addresses, academic qualifications, recommended ranks and proposed duty stations.

The list, exclusively obtained by SaharaReporters, showed that six of the new recruits are of the position of deputy director, while 10 are assistant directors. Thirty-four others are of the rank of deputy manager, while the rest are made up of senior managers, managers, assistant managers and officers. All the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory are represented on the list. Akwa Ibom State, for example, got six slots, while Gombe has 13. Ondo State is a beneficiary of 13 slots. Lagos State, where Fowler hails from, was awarded 14 slots.

Katsina got 18, Kano 15 and Borno 23. Rivers State was given 14 slots. But in certain cases, the list does not show the states of origin and education qualifications of some of the new staff, making it difficult to know they states of origin and qualifications.

Wahab Gbadamosi, FIRS acting Director of Information, told a news website last week that relevant agencies of government approved the recruitment.

"Your enquiry on the targeted recruitment at the Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS refers. We wish to respond as follows: Please note that requisite agencies of government approved the targeted recruitment by the FIRS. Due Process -in recruiting into a Federal Government agency- was followed; The FIRS is a conscientious, law-abiding institution which adheres to statutory rules and procedures; The FIRS is focused on its duty to collect revenue to fund the national budget and pleads that it should be allowed to concentrate on its 2016 target of N4. 9 trillion,” he was quoted to have responded via email.

Noticeably absent from the mail, however, are whether the vacancies were advertised or not and the names of the relevant agencies that green-lighted the recruitment.

As with the CBN recruitment scandal, the list of employed persons reeks of nepotism.

The full list can be viewed below:

NEW_EMPLOYED-FIRS-STAFF.xlsx

http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/15/federal-inland-revenue-service-job-scandal-full-list-349-new-staff-secretly-hired-tuned

unbelievable am FTC dis afternun. It is secret indeed, but since every state was represented, lets allow sleeping dog lye, but mr. Fowl abi na Flower, sorry, Fowler take ya time, i say TAKE YA TIME. Abeg shey you see my name for there?

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by erunz(m): 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
I feel sorry for those that have been betrayed by this scam called change. while ordinary Nigerians are being sacked by their employer, due to the ill policy of this government, Children of APC chieftains are being offered mouth watery jobs. some fo0ls will still come here and be defending this government.

God help the ordinary Nigerian

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
Securedlife:
unbelievable am FTC dis afternun.
.... FTC after 3 comments above you? You must surely be a comedian!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by papayeye: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
Chai, Tinubu mumu, no b small. Wen dem for wait, small, make everybody cooli cooli temper, before dem start deir mago mago, dem no gree. Wich kin mumu go try diz kin runs wen everybody dey shine eye like torchlight for cowntrie mata. Wen boiz eye dey chuk, na eim dem go de play omonile areaboiz games. Sha, we no sey Yoruba too like owambe, and dem no jus get common sense. But, wen i on dem Sahara reporters computer, i no see diz story O., em OP, make you kia kia do diz tin, or else make u kukuma press CtrlC for dix ur news.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Beremx(f): 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
If true, Fowler should be fired! Because he's Tinubu's boy doesn't mean he should act above the law.

Nonsense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by kuuljay(m): 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2016
I thought Sahara reporters is owned by Tinubu? There is something not right here can a wailer help me out grin grin before I talk my mind grin grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by wowmenow: 4:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
Most of them secretly employed will be Yoruba and Fulani

Just waiting for there names

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
Built2last:

My dear,

these people are taking Nigerians for a free ride, CBN came and many jobless Nigerians allowed it glide.

just watch how even those who borrowed money to load their phones will come here to defend this government.

Emefiele did his his own in CBN did hear any comment from PMB on that? in an era where millions are job hunting and the employed are being fired.

the Irony is that PMB is busy chasing rat outside while mad corruption is on-going under his watch. in his mind, he has appointed saints.
I am a contractor...Every major contract in Defense must be signed by NSAs office. of course not without greasing a lot. a lot is going on but the clueless ones will type rubbish in defence of the government.
....... I just checked your comment on the most liked comment in a single post and I must say wow! Nice one man. Almost 2000 likes! You are da man! .......Okay, don't let me divert from this thread. FIRS must be probed.

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by IllegalMoney: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
[size=13pt] grin grin grin
Nigeria for Sale
Tunde Fowler, is Thief-nubu right hand man, they will milk the country dry through FIRS like they did in lagos, trust Buhari n his Northern cabals to sack Tunde Fowler before October, na Abo-ki man Buhari go take replace Tunde Fowler.
That is why Amosun, Fashola, Fayemi and Obsanjo rejected Tinubu's choice of Tunde Fowler as Minister of Finance last year, they know with Tunde Fowler as Finance Minister, Tinubu will just sell off Nigeria to his Lebanese n Chinese Cabals.
[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by papayeye: 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
Me i no to go school, but i no sey i sabi maths pass person from Borno state. Wetin Borno dey do with 23 people for tax dem people shop. Dix wan no be cow business O. If na dat one, dem pass me. I no gree O.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by papayeye: 4:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
kuuljay:
I thought Sahara reporters is owned by Tinubu? There is something not right here can a wailer help me out grin grin before I talk my mind grin grin grin
Dem dey owe dat Sahara boy 12 months salarie. Na eim make the boy vex, ein com de yeye for dem. Tinubu go soon knack am one big slap.
Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Built2last: 4:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
Beremx:
If true, Fowler should be fired! Because he's Tinubu's boy doesn't mean he should act above the law.

Nonsense!

the first time I see you align towards the masses. (There is hope) Many are unemployed for heavens sake.

the list they can do is allow a fair playing ground so that the skilful and most competent can apply

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by stevecantrell: 4:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
Beremx:

Nonsense!

All this is happening because we have a sick septugenerian president who spends 80% of his time abroad. We didnt bargain for this..let them hand over to the military....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by dustydee: 4:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
If this is true, it is plain wrong. The link does not open.
This is why I respect Obasanjo a lot. Recruitments were fair during his regime.
I understand that FG jobs must be advertised for 6 weeks in some national newspapers before people are recruited. Even if the recruitment was targeted, I believe the roles have minimum requirements and so should be thrown open to those people with the minimum requirement from which selection can be made.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Maxymilliano(m): 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
Nepotism is a highly corrupt practice, i hope it will be fully investigated.

7 Likes

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
Another one
Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by ajebuter(f): 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
If Sahara trash like, make them report say Tinubu toto dey smell

They remain ragtag as far as I'm concerned..

Meanwhile, go on and expose your sponsors and think that will lend you some credibility and objectivity

Oshi iranu

9 Likes

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Oz4realsss: 4:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
modelmike7:
Now, you can see the wailers , AKA, the children of hate commenting, liking, praising Sahara Reporters for this news that is in their favour. Now 'SR' is no more sponsored by Tinubu! Hypocrites.
What do you really stand for?

9 Likes

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Mikehell(m): 4:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
Heard this issue from one the officers @ VIO office in mainland about two weeks ago.......... so na true cool lipsrsealed
Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
Oz4realsss:

What do you really stand for?
..... I stand for the TRUTH, now and always. I am not a political party person. I support an individual, not a party. So all thieves and Yam eaters both in APC and PDP should be brought to book and jail.

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by MaziOmenuko: 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
Noted
Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by omenka(m): 5:05pm On Jun 15, 2016
Yet they claim SR is being sponsored by opposition. cheesy

You just gotta respect these guys whether you like them or not.

Oya, if laws were broken, time for the anticrime agencies to do the needful. #NoTime.

11 Likes

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Oz4realsss: 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
modelmike7:
..... I stand for the TRUTH, now and always. I am not a political party person.
What truth do you stand for? Can you illustrate your claim with a clear example?

5 Likes

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by modath(f): 5:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
Since Emefiele did with no repercussion, Fowler grow liver do hin own, we expect Kachikwu to do same soon..... They are all above the law. cool

The more things change, the more they remain the same. smiley

12 Likes

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Osu175(m): 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
Na only God go help poor people children for this our country... the marginalization between the poor and the rich is like mainland and island thru third mainland bridge
This change sounded like it ll be for everyone but now look like its only for the rich
change indeed
Baba Bubu I hail O

1 Like

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
If this is true, then Fowler has run foul of the law and should be shown the exit door. The CBN recruitment scandal was quickly swept under the carpet and everybody moved on as if nobody erred. It appears the President subtly acquiesced in these surreptitious recruitments because it is difficult to understand how all these could have taken place right under his nose.

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by FagsamPHP(m): 6:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
k
Re: Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters by cooljude(m): 6:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
Securedlife:
unbelievable am FTC dis afternun. It is secret indeed, but since every state was represented, lets allow sleeping dog lye, but mr. Fowl abi na Flower, sorry, Fowler take ya time, i say TAKE YA TIME. Abeg shey you see my name for there?
You and I are the problem of this country, we would we let the sleeping dog lye even it just killed your baby. Are you trying to say that we shouldn't have equal opportunity to something owned by all. what is wrong is wrong, we must demand good things and let those guys up their know that we are determined in our effort to make Nigeria better. Your statement made it even worse for me, until we follow a system of giving accolades to those who actually struggled and deserves it. we would continue to be a country of below mediocre.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov Obiano Hosts Victorious Anambra Schoolgirls. See How Much They Got Each. / Kizz Daniel Apologises, Promises Free Show On Friday (Video) / Ekiti: Fayose’s Failure To Pay Drivers Sparks Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.