Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses (1933 Views)

Osinbajo And APC Governors Present 75th Birthday Card To Buhari / PDP Members Defecting To APC Are Hungry - Ekweremadu / Gbagaaam!!!: APC Are International Criminals; Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Hits Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by socialmediaman: 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2016
In reaction to this news publication: https://www.nairaland.com/3445376/buhari-government-not-responsible-recession

Had the economy progressed in the positive direction since May 29 2015, Would President Buhari have given credit to anyone else but his government? Claiming his government is not responsible for the present recession shows how irresponsible our present government is today. How long will the government of President Buhari continue to shift blames even after one year of his administration?

This present government started engaging itself in the politics of the legislative arm of government right from day one, engaged in callous Forex policies similar to his government of the '80s, displayed lack of leadership and inclusive government which heightened tensions around the country and the Niger Delta areas, and most importantly, this government cannot be identified with a clear policy direction which demonstrates its competence and clear understanding of the challenges facing the country..... Yet the president claims its government is not responsible for the recession. Such a shame!

I hope and believe the young people of Nigeria love our country enough to call a spade a spade and vocally condemn and reject the incompetence and irresponsibility of this government.

God Bless Nigeria

- SocialMediaMan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by talktonase(m): 1:02pm On Nov 04, 2016
Them no go ever gree,them say Na pdp
Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by SimpleBea(m): 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
We don enter recession, we don enter. Shoo! The Next question to ask is How are we going to move out of this Recession mud?.
Period!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by Raydos: 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2016
grin
Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by dangermouse(m): 1:25pm On Nov 04, 2016
Buhari should just return the country the way he met it in 2005. Let him and his cohorts keep deceiving themselves with propaganda. The whole world knows the truth, Nigerians knows the truth and they know Buhari led government is a total disaster in the making.

#fact
Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by Jokerman(m): 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
Buhari and his one way Government is the cause of this recession... No one else....

1 Like

Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by Izonpikin: 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
ona dey mind buhari

person wey wan go beg senate to allow am borrow money.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by DropShot: 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2016
O, you're completely wrong. Let's look at the following facts:
1. FG under GEJ was already borrowing to pay salaries in March and April of 2015. And that was when crude was about $75 per barrel. What could have happened under that same govt at $27 per barrel is better imagined.

2. As at July 2015, 27 states of 36 were owing workers salaries of between 3 and 8 months. It took the new president's kind heart to ask CBN to provide bail out fund to them. If that scenario was not a sign of impending recession, pls tell me what is.

3. When our major source of foreign currency suffered price crash, and reserves that could have been used to defend the economy was already looted, what growth would have happened especially given the fact that we are a chronic import dependent nation?

I don't have time to repeat what has been said many times, but sincere and objective minds know that the last administration brought us into this mess.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by socialmediaman: 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2016
DropShot:
O, you're completely wrong

Please Explain
Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by DropShot: 1:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
socialmediaman:

Please Explain
Check my post again. We can discuss if you're sincere.
Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by socialmediaman: 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2016
DropShot:
1. FG under GEJ was already borrowing to pay salaries in March and April of 2015. And that was when crude was about $75 per barrel. What could have happened under that same govt at $27 per barrel is better imagined.

2. As at July 2015, 27 states of 36 were owing workers salaries of between 3 and 8 months. It took the new president's kind heart to ask CBN to provide bail out fund to them. If that scenario was not a sign of impending recession, pls tell me what is.

3. When our major source of foreign currency suffered price crash, and reserves that could have been used to defend the economy was already looted, what growth would have happened especially given the fact that we are a chronic import dependent nation?

I don't have time to repeat what has been said many times, but sincere and objective minds know that the last administration brought us into this mess.

First of all, i was a champion of sending the last administration packing because i believe it was very corrupt and insensitive to the needs of the people. I also know that the previous government was already borrowing to pay salaries towards the end of its administration. However, this does not amount to a recession. A consistent fall in the real GDP, income, employment, manufacturing, and retail sales are major factors that amount to a recession. Do you know the single effect of a 'rushed' TSA policy of this government? Potentially Trillions of money were send idle to the CBN at a time the banks were not ready to handle it, this caused a lot of pressure on an already bad situation. What about the Forex Policy that made millions of importers unable to access the international market? And By the way, you mentioned bailout, how much has this government put into the economy to expand agriculture and Enterpreneurship in order to expand on the little progress made by the last government? These are the real issues for me, not continuous dwelling on the mistakes of the previous government

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by DropShot: 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
socialmediaman:

First of all, i was a champion of sending the last administration packing because i believe it was very corrupt and insensitive to the needs of the people. I also know that the previous government was already borrowing to pay salaries towards the end of its administration. However, this does not amount to a recession. A consistent fall in the real GDP, income, employment, manufacturing, and retail sales are major factors that amount to a recession. Do you know the single effect of a 'rushed' TSA policy of this government? Potentially Trillions of money were send idle to the CBN at a time the banks were not ready to handle it, this caused a lot of pressure on an already bad situation. What about the Forex Policy that made millions of importers unable to access the international market? And By the way, you mentioned bailout, how much has this government put into the economy to expand agriculture and Enterpreneurship in order to expand on the little progress made by the last government? These are the real issues for me, not continuous dwelling on the mistakes of the previous government
You should be smarter my friend.
What is our GDP outside crude oil sale? Please tell me.
The fact is, our GDP crashed with crude price crash plus those senseless bombings by the ND terrorists. In that situation, recession was inevitable.

Also, the forex policy is directly related to lack of dollars (no thanks to the senseless looting of reserves) to provide to businesses needing them. The CBN cannot print dollars and our dollar-earning capacity had been more than halved.

On the TSA, no responsible govt would watch her money being stolen or used for private business just because stopping the shady acts will hurt somehow. Implementing the TSA was necessary to stop the bleeding of the economy because absence of TSA was partly responsible for govt lack of enough funds.

From a "rice thread" we saw on the fp today, more than $25bn has been injected into agriculture and it's yielding results already.

Listen good dear, given our past choices and the fact that we were unable to earn as we used to, recession was inevitable.

Also remember that the "almighty" NOI asked Nigerians to brace up for tough times ahead. And that was in late 2014 and early 2015 when they saw the impending calamity ahead.
You also need to watch her video where she tried to explain why they couldn't save for today.

I could have agreed the current administration is responsible for the recession if they met robust reserves - something like $150bn. Not $29bn for a country of 170 million.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by socialmediaman: 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2016
DropShot:

The fact is, our GDP crashed with crude price crash plus those senseless bombings by the ND terrorists. In that situation, recession was inevitable.

Also, the forex policy is directly related to lack of dollars (no thanks to the senseless looting of reserves) to provide to businesses needing them. The CBN cannot print dollars and our dollar-earning capacity had been more than halved.

On the TSA, no responsible govt would watch her money being stolen or used for private business just because stopping the shady acts will hurt somehow. Implementing the TSA was necessary to stop the bleeding of the economy because absence of TSA was partly responsible for govt lack of enough funds.

From a "rice thread" we saw on the fp today, more than $25bn has been injected into agriculture and it's yielding results already.

Listen good dear, given our past choices and the fact that we were unable to earn as we used to, recession was inevitable.

Also remember that the "almighty" NOI asked Nigerians to brace up for tough times ahead. And that was in late 2014 and early 2015 when they saw the impending calamity ahead.
You also need to watch her video where she tried to explain why they couldn't save for today.

I could have agreed the current administration is responsible for the recession if they met robust reserves - something like $150bn. Not $29bn for a country of 170 million.

Fact shows oil has been contributing less than 20% of Nigeria's GDP between 2010 and 2014 (I believe this is the same time we had the highest recorded oil sale). this is the lowest when compared with other OPEC nations

http://www.nationalplanning.gov.ng/index.php/news-media/news/news-summary/333-nigeria-s-oil-sector-contribution-to-gdp-lowest-in-opec-blueprint

So Please tell me more

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by Hiploko(m): 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
DropShot:

stale... Oya tell us what led us into the 1984 recession.. Paid agent

1 Like

Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by Izonpikin: 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
socialmediaman:

Fact shows oil has been contributing less than 20% of Nigeria's GDP between 2010 and 2014 (I believe this is the same time we had the highest recorded oil sale). this is the lowest when compared with other OPEC nations

http://www.nationalplanning.gov.ng/index.php/news-media/news/news-summary/333-nigeria-s-oil-sector-contribution-to-gdp-lowest-in-opec-blueprint

So Please tell me more
you are debating with a die hard robotic zombie who lives abroad... cheesy cheesy cheesy

he is highly incorrigible... cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink wink grin grin grin grin cool cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by Izonpikin: 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2016
Hiploko:
you dey mind am?..

buharis incompetence is once more dancing in front of him but he just cant see it... cheesy cheesy

abeg forget dropshot joor...the guy na minus one... angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by Hiploko(m): 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2016
DropShot:

this is always the case when one has to speak plenty grammar with plenty paragraphs and above all, with soooo much mental and physical energy to paint darkness as light, make bad appear good. It takes plenty my dear. If all you said is true, you wouldn't need plenty *turanci* to explain anything... There is hunger in the land.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by DropShot: 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2016
socialmediaman:

So Please tell me more
What are you talking? Oil contributed 20℅ to GDP but responsible for over 90℅ of foreign earnings. Do you understand what it means and how it affects the reserves which is the core of my argument?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by DropShot: 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
Izonpikin:
you dey mind am?..

buharis incompetence is once more dancing in front of him but he just cant see it... cheesy cheesy

We're not talking about perpetual wailing boy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by DropShot: 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
[s]
Hiploko:
this is always the case when one has to speak plenty grammar with plenty paragraphs and above all, with soooo much mental and physical energy to paint darkness as light, make bad appear good. It takes plenty my dear. If all you said is true, you wouldn't need plenty *turanci* to explain anything... There is hunger in the land.
[/s]
Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by Hiploko(m): 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
Izonpikin:
you dey mind am?..

the guy na very faithful party daemon... grin chronic Zombie
Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by Hiploko(m): 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
DropShot:
[s][/s]
it is glaring to all my dear. Buhari is a failure but keep trying your best for him. I totally understand
Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by DropShot: 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
[s]
Hiploko:
it is glaring to all my dear. Buhari is a failure but keep trying your best for him. I totally understand
[/s]
Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by Tokety7: 3:05pm On Nov 04, 2016
Tokety7:
Only shameless fools will say this govt is responsible for current recession. Let me paint a scenario.......

Man A and Woman A fell in love and got married despite woman A already pregnant for Man X. Man A chose to take care of woman A and her unborn baby that Man X is responsible for. Baby now born, Man A has chosen to take responsibility for his upkeep but it's not debatable that he didn't give birth to him.

From the scenario above......
MAN A is General Buhari.
woman A is Nigeria
MAN X is Jonah-daft and his cronies.

The Otuoke drrunkard really destroyed this country no doubt.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by Hiploko(m): 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2016
DropShot:
[s][/s]
zombie!!! grin. Don't worry, a better and sensible government is coming to sack this hunger distributors in 2019. So try and earn you zombie pay while it lasts
Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by socialmediaman: 3:08pm On Nov 04, 2016
DropShot:

What are you talking? Oil contributed 20℅ to GDP but responsible for over 90℅ of foreign earnings. Do you understand what it means and how it affects the reserves which is the core of my argument?

You called for a sincere argument, didnt you? But i dont see your sincerity in this discussion. We're here to discuss what led us into recession, and Buhari's incompetence and retrogressive policies led us into it, not drop in oil revenue. Militancy in the Delta region increased due to his unguarded utterances and Nepotistic tendencies, Our GDP fall deplorably, unemployment increased, Trade and Investment Declined etc, and you have to keep blaming GEJ?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by Hiploko(m): 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
[quote author=Tokety7 post=50762262][/quote] Buhari led us into recession in 1984. Na d Otuoke man too?
Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by socialmediaman: 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2016
Hiploko:
Buhari led us into recession in 1984. Na d Otuoke man too?

Buhari cannot hide from his own failures, Nigerians are smarter and we must call him out from his hiding place

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by Tokety7: 3:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
Hiploko:

Ask ur fathers and uncles who were alive then what transpired during the reign of Shagari and how dikko and his kind destroyed this country. The country was already on a free fall before Buhari came in. Ur effort to rewrite history is defeated. Ask them and be tutored.
Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by DropShot: 3:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
socialmediaman:

You called for a sincere argument, didnt you? But i dont see your sincerity in this discussion. We're here to discuss what led us into recession, and Buhari's incompetence and retrogressive policies led us into it, not drop in oil revenue. Militancy in the Delta region increased due to his unguarded utterances and Nepotistic tendencies, Our GDP fall deplorably, unemployment increased, Trade and Investment Declined etc, and you have to keep blaming GEJ?
Suit yourself man. I have passed that level of not understanding that what we are today was a result of our decisions of some years back.

If you or anyone find it difficult to understand how the looting of the past and failure to build on reserves that was inherited despite earning unprecedented amount from crude sale, are responsible for today's recession, I can't help you.

I won't be generous to reply you anymore.
Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by Tokety7: 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2016
Hiploko:
Buhari led us into recession in 1984. Na d Otuoke man too?

Shut ur trap and go home and ask what I asked u to ask and come back to talk sense.
Re: Buhari And APC Are To Blame For The Recession - No Excuses by Hiploko(m): 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2016
socialmediaman:

Buhari cannot hide from his own failures, Nigerians are smarter and we must call him out from his hiding place
very true my dear.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Insisted My Son Must Study In Nigeria – Former Uganda Vice President / :inec’s Amina Zakari Lodging In Nwoye’s Hotel, PDP Chieftain Raises Alarm / Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.