Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

$30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers (17832 Views)

South-east APC Leaders Beg Buhari To Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 / Biafra: What Buhari Should Have Done To Nnamdi Kanu- Yerima Shettima / Osinbajo Seeks Senate's Approval For $1.5 Billion Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

$30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
The south-east caucus of the House of Representatives on Thursday decried alleged exclusion of the zone in projects to be funded from the $29.9 billion loan proposed by the Federal Government.

Consequently, the lawmakers said that though they were not against the loan proposal, they would support it if projects to be funded were spread across all the geopolitical zones.

The Federal Government had in a letter to the National Assembly, sought approval to borrow $29.9 billion from the World Bank. The money is expected to be used to provide critical infrastructure and fund projects in some sectors of the economy.

But, the Senate on Wednesday turned down the request, insisting that the executive should do a breakdown of the projects to be funded with the money.

Besides, some stakeholders, including groups, had criticised the move to obtain the loan and advised the government to drop the idea.

Briefing journalists in Abuja, the caucus said that details of the terms of the loan were unclear.
According to the chairman of the group, Chukwuka Onyema, all the geopolitical zones should be captured in allocation of the projects.

He said there was concentration of projects in particular zones in the country, and unless the details of the proposed projects under the loan was known, the caucus would not support the borrowing.

Mr. Onyema said: “Details of the loan utilization must be made available to us to ensure geographical spread and relevance to current economic outlook with a view to job creation.
“We therefore insist that, as a part of this country, the south-east infrastructural deficit must be captured to ensure uniform development and inclusive growth.”

He condemned the alleged killing of three Igbos in the Federal Capital Territory and called on relevant authorities to ensure that the culprits were brought to book.

“We call on all relevant authorities, including the Nigeria Police Force and the Judiciary to expedite action in bringing the culprits to book.
“We also condemn in strong terms the demolition of Zone 3 Canopy Market mostly patronized by Igbo traders.

“We demand the immediate compensation of families of all those who lost their lives and property in the two incidents,” he said.

On the economy, the caucus leader said “we recognize that as our country is going through economic recession which has resulted in the loss of jobs, decreased spending, prevalence of hunger and uncertainty in the polity.
“We stand with our fellow Nigerians in this difficult period.

“We urge the executive arm of government to speedily formulate fiscal and economic policies that will see an end to the present economic downturn.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/214446-30-billion-loan-buhari-must-get-support-igbo-lawmakers.html

8 Likes

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by richidinho(m): 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2016
I think they are right, for Godsake these people contribute alot to the national purse even more than the entire northern Nigeria whose contributions as far as am concern is Their VOTERS CARD

***modify****
For those asking what GEJ did for SE people

GEJ was elected in 2011 as Nigeria President not as South East president, he did his best for them.

Did OBJ made SW look like Dubai? Leading a country like Nigeria is beyond making your region more beneficial to your govt than others

108 Likes 10 Shares

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Mujaheeeden: 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
That's good.

To the bastardized zombies and scallywags tribalist this is called LOBBYING

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Raydos: 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
am back from my 7days ban!

but i am still wondering as to why one yeye mod go dey ban me because of laveda!

aah nairaland don suffer.

6 Likes

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Mujaheeeden: 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2016
Let the Senators take such stand also.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by socialmediaman: 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2016
Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Siberia101: 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2016
Good

cool cool cool cool

cc unclezuma grin

1 Like

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by greatiyk4u(m): 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2016
How did they find out where the proposed projects re to be sited since the bill was allegedly claimed to be sent without details?

Just asking sha

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by tobtap: 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
cool
Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Mujaheeeden: 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
We don't even want the loan

1 Like

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Ronaldinnioh(m): 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ok

2 Likes

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by virginboy1(m): 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
*Breaking News*

Nigerians urges President Buhari to invest Recovered Loots running into Billions into MMM to get 30% interest instead of Borrowing grin grin grin

Na joke ooo cheesy

20 Likes

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by virginboy1(m): 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
Borrow Borrow up and down shame... Some years ago.

Buhari : my government will pay unemployed Nigerians
5k every month.
People be like: sai Baba... change is here..Nigeria will rise again! .

Buhari: I never promised to pay unemployed Nigerians
5k each month. .
People be like: No mind those Jonathanians. With their
fake news. Show us links where he promised that. We
are solidly behind you. Nothing for yam eaters .

Buhari : We have started collection of data to enable us
pay the unemployed graduates 5k. .
People be like : Where are those TANoids that said
Baba is not a promise keeper...shame on all PDP.
Baba till 2023 ! .

Buhari: I wont pay 5k to unemployed youths. Its not a
priority ! .
People be like: Baba is right! Whats the use of 5k?
What can 5k do to anyone. Mr president we love u.
Best president ever! .

I wont be surprised if I wake up tomorrow and hear : .

Buhari: Unemployed Nigerians should pay 5k every
month to the government: .

And still people be like: Think of what u can do for your
country and not what your country can do for you.
Baba is right. But I know those unpatriotic wailers
wont pay

. I don't think this is ordinary. undecided

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Mujaheeeden: 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
grin
Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
Lol .. We have fast fingers here oh ..
How do you guys manage to comment first .. Lol
Like you refresh the homepage every second?? smiley)

2 Likes

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Godprotectigbos(f): 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
i dont understand nigeria again

just because igbos did not vote for buhari now they are using it as a criteria for excluding igbos in their development plan.

i dont just understand nigeria

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
Siberia101:
Good
cool cool cool cool
cc unclezuma grin

Your follow-up don beat MMM, JW and Christ Embassy people own by 70%
Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
Okay

1 Like

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Godprotectigbos(f): 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
if buhari thinks that igbos don't deserves any development because they did not vote for him so b it

but one thing i have to say is that...... no matter the difficulties igbos are facing today we shall bounce back

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by ephi123(f): 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
We don't even want the loan

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by todayboy: 1:25pm On Nov 04, 2016
buhari need the money to look for oil in the north

7 Likes

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 04, 2016
richidinho:
I think they are right, for Godsake these people contribute alot to the national purse even more than the entire northern Nigeria whose contributions as far as am concern is Their VOTERS CARD
To be sincere with you, I thought GEJ had already made the SE like Dubai for you people to have handed him over 90% of your votes.

What is happening? Can you please explain?

5 Likes

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Ihateiboflaties: 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
I support them on this.This government is also guilty of what other government is the past have robbed us of and that's accountability. They're all corrupt anyway,do the maths, APC=PDP=empty promises=corruption.

1 Like

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Hardeysolution(m): 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
Is this the reason for rejecting the loan? Then how will Nigeria move forward.

I am not supporting the loan but I am against this reason by my igbo elders.. .

1 Like

Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Mujaheeeden: 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
ephi123:

Exactly.
I'm scared for my kid. Her future will be mortgaged
Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Akshow: 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
Yeye de smell
Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by fullstreets: 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2016
I thought they wud say "give us Biafra"
Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by ephi123(f): 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
I'm scared for my kid. Her future will be mortgaged

While the loan is squandered by these old men and passed on to their next generations. NO way. Enough is enough.
Re: $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers by Mujaheeeden: 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2016
ephi123:

While the loan is squandered by these old men and passed on to their next generations. NO way. Enough is enough.
Gbam Gbamer Gbamest grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway / How Saraki Frustrated Buhari’s Administration, By FG / Gen Buratai Commends President Muhammadu Buhari For "Defeating Boko Haram"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.