Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) (8773 Views)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Which Club Will Give Me The Best 1st Time Experience In Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by nduchucks: 3:15pm On Oct 29, 2009
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by mustafar1: 6:03pm On Oct 29, 2009
ok, now to the real challenges of running an airport and making it viable and profitable.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by RichyBlacK(m): 6:34pm On Oct 29, 2009
Nice!
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by blacksta(m): 6:40pm On Oct 29, 2009
Abeg - give me a break  people fascinated  about a plane landing - Make them come heathrow them go watch plane tire

Kudos to Akwa States. but does it need all this demo.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Epiphany(m): 6:49pm On Oct 29, 2009
blacksta:

Abeg - give me a break people fascinating about a plane landing - Make them come heathrow them go watch plane tire

My guy, i tire for them o! Ordinary plane landing. They have not eaten to their hearts content, its a plane they are going to watch. These politicians just use these things to 'cover' the people's eyes.

Meanwhile, at 7.22 i quote, ', ended the suffering to Calabar on a bad road. You will no longer stay there for 6 hours, '. Instead of fixing the bloody roads, they are constructing airports so that people can fly How many people can afford the flights?

Anyway, if the people are happy with it, i am happy for them.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by blacksta(m): 6:53pm On Oct 29, 2009
Epiphany:

My guy, i tire for them o! Ordinary plane landing. They have not eaten to their hearts content, its a plane they are going to watch. These politicians just use these things to 'cover' the people's eyes.

Meanwhile, at 7.22 i quote, ', ended the suffering to Calabar on a bad road. You will no longer stay there for 6 hours, '. Instead of fixing the bloody roads, they are constructing airports so that people can fly How many people can afford the flights?

Anyway, if the people are happy with it, i am happy for them.

And at the same the time - Governor is looting and giving thanks to Almighty God. The question is how many people from Akwa will fly out from the airport.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by bawomolo(m): 6:56pm On Oct 29, 2009
must_a_far:

ok, now to the real challenges of running an airport and making it viable and profitable.

that's true
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by mustafar1: 6:59pm On Oct 29, 2009
i'll check FAAN's site to see how many flights go in and out everyday.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Oct 29, 2009
how much did this cost, by the way?
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 29, 2009
What is sickening about this video is the fact that as usual, Nigerian government officials prefer to sieze the limelight for providing what is regarded as basic in more serious countries. Can they just step out of the way so we can at least thank Arik Air management for putting an air worthy aircraft through to an experimental airport? Can we pls acknowledge the flight crew for an excellent job well done? I do not wish to see fatcats whose pockets have been padded from the sweat of others.

Sadly 99% of those standing in the sun out there wont be able to afford the flight. For them even 20 airports in uyo wont make a difference.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Abagworo(m): 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2009
airports everywhere.naija na waa.calabar already has an airport,why uyo?owerri,enugu,port harcourt,uyo,calabar,asaba,benin,warri all have airports.wouldnt it be over-stressing our air space?
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by princekevo(m): 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2009
blacksta:

Abeg - give me a break  people fascinated  about a plane landing - Make them come heathrow them go watch plane tire

You cant imagine how happy many there are. Many of them, is their first time being few meters away from a plane probably jst have a touch on it. They must have been seeing it flying like a bird above the sky. That is why they are so happy.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Epiphany(m): 7:08pm On Oct 29, 2009
Seriously, some states do not deserve. . . or warrant airports. The amount of money that is spent on the infrastructure can be put to better use. What is wrong with having regional airports. If the roads are excellent, why cant i fly to PH or Calabar and take a 2-3 hour journey by road to Akwa Ibom? Just the other day, Ekiti was talking of building an international airport. FUNNY!

On a normal day, i wonder how many people will actually fly to this Akwa Ibom airport. Unless they want to talk of having only 2 or 3 flights a week sha!
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by mustafar1: 7:08pm On Oct 29, 2009
when was this airport commisioned? cos me i no see any flights in and out of it o. is money going down the drain already?
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Abagworo(m): 7:20pm On Oct 29, 2009
most of these airports are just about 50 nautical miles apart.even uyo to calabar is just 28 nautical miles!
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by SapeleGuy: 7:43pm On Oct 29, 2009
Some of you people are certified dream killers and enemies of progress.
Currently, Nigeria is paying Ethiopia so much money for MRO services, what is so wrong in Akwa Ibom opening up an MRO facility and expecting Nigerian/West African airlines to use the service?

WELL DONE AKWA IBOM!!!
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by blackmann(m): 7:44pm On Oct 29, 2009
Honestly i keep wondering when we Nigerians will stop fooling ourselves. What is so important in a plane landing? First plane to land in Akwa-ibom, so F@CKING wat? when the new Terminal was opened at heathrow the other day,, why didn't Queen Elizabeth come out and clap? When are we going to learn to stop fooling ourselves?
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by SapeleGuy: 8:00pm On Oct 29, 2009
blackmann:

Honestly i keep wondering when we Nigerians will stop fooling ourselves. What is so important in a plane landing? First plane to land in Akwa-ibom, so F@CKING wat? when the new Terminal was opened at heathrow the other day,, why didn't Queen Elizabeth come out and clap? When are we going to learn to stop fooling ourselves?

PLEASE GO AND CHECK YOUR FACTS - SEE BELOW
[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpwwnb2LBs4[/flash]
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Oboma1(m): 10:57pm On Oct 29, 2009
Mr. Blackman, if I was you, I for retire for Nairaland for carrying fake news. grin grin grin
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by ezeagu(m): 11:02pm On Oct 29, 2009
Not everybody has enough money to see a plane, this is probably the first time a lot of these people are seeing planes! Plus this is the first airport in Akwa Ibom, give them a break.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by ezeagu(m): 11:08pm On Oct 29, 2009
Abagworo:

airports everywhere.naija na waa.calabar already has an airport,why uyo?owerri,enugu,port harcourt,uyo,calabar,asaba,benin,warri all have airports.wouldnt it be over-stressing our air space?

In London there are more than 7 airports (and thats counting out London airports in neigbouring boroughs and cities like Luton).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_the_United_Kingdom
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 29, 2009
even during the Biafran war, no planes airlifted from Akwa Ibom?

I'm just puzzled but its a good thing sha.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by blacksta(m): 11:18pm On Oct 29, 2009
ezeagu:

In London there are more than 7 airports (and thats counting out London airports in neigbouring boroughs and cities like Luton).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_the_United_Kingdom

And so  - what is the number of people flying from those airports and compared to the Nigeria airports.  Lets be factual  - most of the airports in london  and surrounding counties are for midsize planes and jets.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by ezeagu(m): 11:24pm On Oct 29, 2009
blacksta:

And so  - what is the number of people flying from those airports and compared to the Nigeria airports.  Lets be factual  - most of the airports in london  and surrounding counties are for midsize planes and jets.  

Stanstead, Heathrow, Gatwick and London city airport are international! The other airports that the other poster listed cannot take jumbo jets, which is one of the reasons why they are not international. So what's the fuss about 'too many airports'? Are you saying that there won't be any traffic to Akwa Ibom what so ever, even during christmas?
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Oboma1(m): 11:35pm On Oct 29, 2009
tpia.:

even during the Biafran war, no planes airlifted from Akwa Ibom?

I'm just puzzled but its a good thing sha.

These guys never had an airport, so it wrong to even mention Biafran war here. They only had an air field in Eket.
blacksta:

No one should compare London airport to even Lagos airport, talkless of that in Akwa Ibom. An airport that might not even see the light of day. The project is wrongly timed, and obviouly it is political. GOD will save these two states from rivalry.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 29, 2009
Nice. Ekiti state is next tongue
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Jaybee2412(m): 11:44pm On Oct 29, 2009
Look how excited they are as if the airport is their lifeline, how foolish. How many of them have been on a plane before or how many are going to be before the end of their miserable life. They should be asking for good roads and rail lines. Planes and airports are for the greedy ruling class and their partners in criime. Get smart!
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Princek12(m): 4:30am On Oct 30, 2009
The people were starring at the plane as it descended into Akwa Ibom airspace as if they were hypnotized. And if the airport is newly built and is supposedly an international airport, why was the airport not designed to bear semblance to a contemporary, world-class, 21st century airport? It looks like a cheap, archaic piece. Why can't you build something nice for once. The airport was probably designed by a village architect.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by bawomolo(m): 4:31am On Oct 30, 2009
FL Gators:

Nice. Ekiti state is next tongue

you are proud about Ekiti building an airport no one would use?

Zamfara should better build it's own international airport.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Nobody: 4:32am On Oct 30, 2009
bawomolo:

you are proud about Ekiti building an airport no one would use?

Zamfara should better build it's own international airport.
My friend, shattap dia.

You think us in the states wnt use it. Why should we have to drive from lagos to go home? angry
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Princek12(m): 4:45am On Oct 30, 2009
FL Gators:

My friend, shattap dia.

You think us in the states wnt use it. Why should we have to drive from lagos to go home? angry
You are the one who needs to sharap. Do you think there would be a consistent volume of passengers who will patronize the airport to generate enough revenue that would sustain the operational costs of the airport? Abi how many Ekiti people are in the states? ABeg
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Nobody: 4:47am On Oct 30, 2009
Princek12:

You are the one who needs to sharap. Do you think there would be a consistent volume of passengers who will patronize the airport to generate enough revenue that would sustain the operational costs of the airport? Abi how many Ekiti people are in the states? ABeg
Since you can't answer your own question with a solid fact, I'll suggest you shut your trap before questioning my post.

DON'T USE YOUR OPINION TO QUESTION ME IF YOU CANNOT PROVE THAT I AM WRONG. CAPISH?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Drug Mule Died Because Staff Thought He Had Ebola / Any Nigerian Living In Kuwait? / Eid-El-Kabir: Osun Government Announces Free Round-Trip Train Ride From Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.