Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,376 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

When Will Our Parents Stop Tribalism Will It Ever Stop In Nigeria??? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / When Will Our Parents Stop Tribalism Will It Ever Stop In Nigeria??? (3979 Views)

Habits Women Must Stop In Lagos! / Dear New Generation Igbo Parents, Stop Cheating Your Children / Stop Tribalism,we Are One. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Our Parents Stop Tribalism Will It Ever Stop In Nigeria??? by OMAR12: 9:44pm On Nov 07, 2016
DarlingtonJ:
Well, thank you for you view and opinion but my brother, I THINK YOU NEED TO READ MORE and enlighting your mind. What will happen if you relocate close to your inlaws area or vicinity don't u think that is posible, what is wrong if your parents stay with u ? my brother STOP THINKING MICRO! Please think large and you will see a bigger and broader picture of LOVE. When u love a girl you will love her together with all her family. Love is not confined to area or distance LOVE IS VERSATILE and it knows no Bound. Please read the Bible and if u are a Muslim read the Holy Quran, read books, listen to successful lovers and read more about LOVE then your thought and mindset will be refined. Thanks and God Bless you ........
now let me bring u up to speed with the reality of thing not infatuation, and I ask will you be comfortable sharing the same house with ur in-laws as a man for years without complaining? say the truth. can u and ur wife relocate down to the east so to be closer to them?? even if u don't want them to stay in the same house with u, can u help them relocate closer to u as u have suggested and foot the bills??. I wait for ur answer. what u don't know is that when an igboman is tired of is sojourn he retires to the east and when he is in the east there is nothing u will do outside his village that will take him away from his village. so their relocating down to ur house or close to where u stay is out of the picture, we can't change ome na ala Igbo. just to suit ur idea of love. east, west home is best.
Re: When Will Our Parents Stop Tribalism Will It Ever Stop In Nigeria??? by Ovokoo: 3:03pm On Nov 09, 2016
Hundreds and thousands of inter tribal marraiges are happening every year in Nigeria, so things are changing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will Our Parents Stop Tribalism Will It Ever Stop In Nigeria??? by DarlingtonJ: 9:49am On Nov 11, 2016
OMAR12:
now let me bring u up to speed with the reality of thing not infatuation, and I ask will you be comfortable sharing the same house with ur in-laws as a man for years without complaining? say the truth. can u and ur wife relocate down to the east so to be closer to them?? even if u don't want them to stay in the same house with u, can u help them relocate closer to u as u have suggested and foot the bills??. I wait for ur answer. what u don't know is that when an igboman is tired of is sojourn he retires to the east and when he is in the east there is nothing u will do outside his village that will take him away from his village. so their relocating down to ur house or close to where u stay is out of the picture, we can't change ome na ala Igbo. just to suit ur idea of love. east, west home is best.
For me '' Impossibility is nothing '' Their is no point giving excuse for an answer I will rather push hard and improve where necessary and I surgest you do the same bacause if u are straight with God and he give give you a wife he will surely give you everything you need to take care of her including doing your rights to the family as well. East, West, North or South no wahala provided it is Naija and it is peaceful. Please check out the definition of HOME from the dictionary.
Re: When Will Our Parents Stop Tribalism Will It Ever Stop In Nigeria??? by DarlingtonJ: 9:56am On Nov 11, 2016
Ovokoo:
Hundreds and thousands of inter tribal marraiges are happening every year in Nigeria, so things are changing.
AM GLAD TO HEAR THAT BRO.... MAY GOD CONTINUE TO MAKE SUCH GREAT CHANGES HAPPEN IN OUR FAMILIES. MAY GOD TOUCH THE HEARTHS OF THOSE FUELING THE TRIBAL WAR AND DIFFERENCES
Re: When Will Our Parents Stop Tribalism Will It Ever Stop In Nigeria??? by OMAR12: 7:58pm On Nov 11, 2016
DarlingtonJ:
For me '' Impossibility is nothing '' Their is no point giving excuse for an answer I will rather push hard and improve where necessary and I surgest you do the same bacause if u are straight with God and he give give you a wife he will surely give you everything you need to take care of her including doing your rights to the family as well. East, West, North or South no wahala provided it is Naija and it is peaceful. Please check out the definition of HOME from the dictionary.
bro av heard you. av said what I wanted to say. since u cant give me a straight answer then. we are two very different people.
Re: When Will Our Parents Stop Tribalism Will It Ever Stop In Nigeria??? by orimsamsam(m): 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2016
OMAR12:
my man aside from what awolowo did that caused the death of millions of my people, Yorubaland is far from home, if a babe from Enugu marries a man from asaba or aba.. it will be quicker for her to rush home should the need arises. especially if she is the first daughter, first daughters are not allowed to marry too far from their village in question. unless their parent are well to do. aside for that ooo, me I won't advice my sister to marry a yorubaman rather she should stay at home, reason being that Yoruba men are not family oriented, I have been in Lagos for more than 20years. the chances that they may cheat on u is 8 out of 10. u can hardly find a Yoruba man that doesn't have a child outside before he turns 24, so ladies shouldn't be surprised if a child pops out from somewhere and claiming ur man to be his daddy.
don't lie. U never lived in Lagos

1 Like

Re: When Will Our Parents Stop Tribalism Will It Ever Stop In Nigeria??? by OMAR12: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2016
orimsamsam:
don't lie. U never lived in Lagos
am in Lagos right now, deal with that.

1 Like

Re: When Will Our Parents Stop Tribalism Will It Ever Stop In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
Reading the different posts on some of the threads on this forum makes that dream a very distant notion. Often I have noticed two people disagree it does not take long before insults become tribal
Re: When Will Our Parents Stop Tribalism Will It Ever Stop In Nigeria??? by Dogzimalon: 4:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
For me mine is even killing me I am from Enugu state dating a girl from igala in kogi state.I love her so much .she is my spec .everything I want in a girl she has it but my parents are so that even girls from Enugu state they don't just pick any .they have chased two away now this girl I don't know what to tell her or even do and she is so loving .and she understands me so much .me self don tire
Re: When Will Our Parents Stop Tribalism Will It Ever Stop In Nigeria??? by Fatherofdragons: 10:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
DarlingtonJ:
Am a victim of tribal difference a bleeding hearth and need to air my mind.
Will this Tribal war ever stop?
Why is their so much hatred among the Yoruba and The Igbos
It hurts to the soul to see that in this modern generation our parents will still let TRIBALISM LEAD there hearts and decisions instead of LOVE
I have been dating her for two years with all sincerity and loved her to the soul, its beyond what I can easily explain and she love me too.The mother will say ''just tell him to be ready to build two houses'' usually said with joke. With hope and Love I kept on and I was Loving harder.... I offered all the love I could and ever gathered on earth. We prayed about it and it was told that her families won't accept westerner and even if they accept they will cause alot of trouble in the future but with this she sounded strong and we were ready to pray it out. She then traveled to the East with the hope of having a hearth to hearth discussion with her mother but Surprisingly at the point of discussing marriage they started this problem of Tribal issues and saying Lagos is too far from Enugu, whereas this lay has been staying in Lagos for over 12 years. Just today the 4th Of November the lady called me after all pressure, what I call ( fearful brain washing) and treat of death by her mother she finally surrender to them her family members and she was told not to pick a husband from the West or North but if she picks among themselves in the East they will allow her. She normally gives me hope but suddenly all hopes are gone and my life i must say will not remain the same because I offered ALL MY HEARTH TO HER. It feels like the end of my life. CAN I STILL GET BACK TO MY FEET? embarassed embarassed embarassed

Op whether you like it or not Nigeria is a very tribal country so stop crying, leave Igbo girls alone and marry from your tribe, it brings less baggage headache to an extent.

1 Like

Re: When Will Our Parents Stop Tribalism Will It Ever Stop In Nigeria??? by tck2000(m): 1:53pm On Dec 26, 2019
Re: When Will Our Parents Stop Tribalism Will It Ever Stop In Nigeria??? by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 27, 2019
DarlingtonJ:
Am a victim of tribal difference a bleeding hearth and need to air my mind.
Will this Tribal war ever stop?
Why is their so much hatred among the Yoruba and The Igbos
It hurts to the soul to see that in this modern generation our parents will still let TRIBALISM LEAD there hearts and decisions instead of LOVE
I have been dating her for two years with all sincerity and loved her to the soul, its beyond what I can easily explain and she love me too.The mother will say ''just tell him to be ready to build two houses'' usually said with joke. With hope and Love I kept on and I was Loving harder.... I offered all the love I could and ever gathered on earth. We prayed about it and it was told that her families won't accept westerner and even if they accept they will cause alot of trouble in the future but with this she sounded strong and we were ready to pray it out. She then traveled to the East with the hope of having a hearth to hearth discussion with her mother but Surprisingly at the point of discussing marriage they started this problem of Tribal issues and saying Lagos is too far from Enugu, whereas this lay has been staying in Lagos for over 12 years. Just today the 4th Of November the lady called me after all pressure, what I call ( fearful brain washing) and treat of death by her mother she finally surrender to them her family members and she was told not to pick a husband from the West or North but if she picks among themselves in the East they will allow her. She normally gives me hope but suddenly all hopes are gone and my life i must say will not remain the same because I offered ALL MY HEARTH TO HER. It feels like the end of my life. CAN I STILL GET BACK TO MY FEET? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Let me just ask, how do you think your kids will grow up living in this country when they see all this igbo/yoruba nonsense, they would need to pick a side and side strongly

Personally I don't think tribalism can even be cured but it can be modified we can transform it into nationalism
Re: When Will Our Parents Stop Tribalism Will It Ever Stop In Nigeria??? by JonDon12: 1:01am On Dec 28, 2019
I see tribalism as worse in the younger generation

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Negroids In America And Many Parts Of Africa Claim To Be Jews / Getting Married To The Dead / Second List Of Nigerian Defence Academy 2014 NDA 66th Regular Course Result Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.