Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Saraki Visits Buhari, Says $29.9bn Loan Request, Work In Progress - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Visits Buhari, Says $29.9bn Loan Request, Work In Progress (479 Views)

Bukola Saraki Visits Ede, Condoles With Isiaka Adeleke's Family / Achebe Center Moves To Block Buhari’s $29.9bn Loan Bid •writes World Bank / Saraki Visits His Family House In Agbaji, Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Visits Buhari, Says $29.9bn Loan Request, Work In Progress by agwom(m): 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
Senate President Abubakar Bukola Saraki Friday visited President Muhammadu Buhari at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja.

Buhari and Saraki met behind closed-doors inside the president's office. This was after the latter had joined the former in observing jumaat prayer at the State House mosque.

Saraki was accompanied to the Villa by the chairman of the Senate Committee on Appropriation, Senator Danjuma Goje.

Addressing State House correspondents later, the Senate President said Buhari's $29.9 billion foreign loan request which the Senate turned down on Tuesday was still a work in process.

The upper legislative chamber had cited "technical grounds" rejecting President Muhammadu Buhari's request seeking approval for the loan.

The Senate president, however, cautioned Nigerians against politicising what he called "very important issues".

Saraki also clarified that the rejection of the loan request was not a reflection of the relationship between the executive and the legislature.

He stated: "I came here to pray. I have finished praying and I just had a general felicitation with the president. It did not go beyond that.

"We should not look at that (the loan request) as a reflection of the relationship between the Executive and the Legislature.

"Don't let us politicise very important issues. As we said, this is work in progress."
Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/saraki-visits-buhari-says-29-9bn-loan-request-work-in-progress/170192.html#TpR8w3RtWDKM6ZP0.99

Re: Saraki Visits Buhari, Says $29.9bn Loan Request, Work In Progress by derrick333(m): 7:06pm On Nov 04, 2016
So d loan too is still in dollars I tot de said we gat ntin to do wit dollar lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

breaking: another chibok girl have been rescued see photos / Baby Born Without Anus, Genitals In Onitsha / Photos Of President Buhari In Morocco Ahead Of Climate Change Conference (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.