Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,015 members, 7,852,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:44 PM

Danger Alert - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Danger Alert (603 Views)

Danger For Nigeria As Buhari Independent Bird Refused To Fly-pics / Danger Alert!!! Kidnappers And Ritualist On The Prowl In Lagos This Morning / Danger Alert: Gap/dividing Bridge At Iponri End Of Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danger Alert by Marymos: 4:48pm On Oct 29, 2009
Dear All,

ATTENTION ALL: READ AND OBSERVED THIS ACT:
This is Serious! This incident happened recently in Eket, Oil City of Nigeria.
A woman went to beach one Sunday taking with her some cans of coke which she bought from a supermarket. On Monday she was taken to the hospital and placed in the Intensive Care Unit. She died on Wednesday. The autopsy concluded she died of Leptospirosis. This was traced to the can of coke she drank from, not using a glass. Tests showed that the can was infected by dried rat urine and hence the disease Leptospirosis. Rat urine contains toxic and deathly substances. It is highly recommended to thoroughly wash the upper part of all soda cans before drinking out of them. The cans are typically stocked in warehouses and transported straight to the shops without being cleaned.
A study at NYCU showed that the tops of all soda cans are more contaminated than public toilets (i.e.),  full of germs and bacteria,  So wash them with water before putting them to the mouth to avoid any kind of fatal accident.
Please read and pass it on.
Re: Danger Alert by naijaway(m): 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2009
Thanks for this news. I never knew that. May her soul rest in peace and may God give her family and friends the strength to cope. I hope they spread this kinds of awareness.
Re: Danger Alert by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2009
Thks. This incredible.pls post in d home page for all nigerians to see
Re: Danger Alert by backspade(m): 7:21pm On Oct 29, 2009
This is why I always rinse off my cans if I drink directly from them! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Danger Alert by posakosa(m): 1:40am On Oct 30, 2009
my mom says never drink directly from a bottle. Always use a cup or a straw. But its trashy to use straws, tongue tongue tongue
Re: Danger Alert by loma(m): 2:19am On Oct 30, 2009
Re: Danger Alert by ikeyman00(m): 8:26am On Oct 30, 2009
posakosa (m)

my mom says never drink directly from a bottle. Always use a cup or a straw. But its trashy to use straws,
what ur looter mum ??

now u listen; never take a word from a looter seriously
Re: Danger Alert by posakosa(m): 11:23am On Oct 30, 2009
ikeyman00:

posakosa (m)
what your looter mum ??

now u listen; never take a word from a looter seriously

(1) (Reply)

Labour Rally: Mark, Bankole Flee National Assembly - Labour Promises Total Show / Expatriate Working In Nigeria Views Of Nigeria / Shares Of Troubled Banks: Are They Worthless Papers?[/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.