Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,409 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

An Addict In Ghana- ( Story Based On True Events ) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Addict In Ghana- ( Story Based On True Events ) (1253 Views)

The Tears Of An Hustler Based On True Life Story (my Experience In Lagos)by JAYB / The Vow Chapter 1 Episode 3 (the True Events That Inspired The Movie) / The Vow - The True Events That Inspired The Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Addict In Ghana- ( Story Based On True Events ) by chidebem11(m): 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2016
Do Not Judge Others Based On Your Own Limitations
There Is No limit To Human Capabilities

Warning:
This story or lemme say autobiography is rated 18+, and it's by no means a medium to promote drugs, violence or other immoral activities.
The characters or activities portrayed by the author is protected by his personal copyright laws and should not be recreated in real life, as they can be dangerous to your health.. Readers discretion is advised. grin

Note: As this is a story that really really happened, the names of the characters have been changed to protect their identities, and also, am a novice in writing, so please criticize with love. As i am a very fast learner, i know i will get better wink.

Chapter 1
`Am just here in my dark room- unclad and alone, door locked, windows closed, high as a kite with my jumbo between my thumb and my index finger, listening to my favorite playlist which contains mainly trap music, I guess y’all know Desiigners Timmy Turner, mehn! That’s my jam, I really love that boy, can’t still believe he’s only 19, a little J.cole is always needed to spice things up a lot more, so I added his album to the mix. Speakers are so loud, I can barely hear my own thoughts, trap music gives me the ability to connect with my celestial abilities, especially when am high.

Shi*t I just realized I have been staring at the ceiling for close to two hours now, or is it two minutes, maybe thirty minutes, I really can’t tell time anymore. I wonder what I hope on finding by starring at the ceiling for so long, maybe am just tryna seek the face of God, things are really happening back in Nigeria that only God can explain, or have I started skipping.. Naaa, that can’t be, this is just my second blunt and I haven’t even finished it yet. Damn, where did Wapin get this high from, this sh*t was certainly planted by God himself no other explanation, I wonder why he created the plant, I guess it’s to give humanity an advanced sense of reasoning.

I just hope my President could just roll up and light a joint, maybe my country would be in a better shape than it is right now, naaa..! His health can’t handle it, that’s why av always said,” that the youths should be given a chance to lead”, I know they will get better inspiration from good old fashion jumbo, the older leaders can’t handle it. As my thoughts kept racing at 500mph without breaks.

~Kpo!! Kpo!!! Kpo!!.. The knock on the door finally brings me back to planet earth, damn!!! I thought I left my village people back in Nigeria before coming to Ghana, how did they trace me to this place, ‘I thought’.

Kpo!! Kpo!! Kpo!!, I hear the knock again. Oh my god, am too freaking tired to get up, or lemme just wait a little bit, maybe whoever it is will get tired and just go away.

Kpo!! Kpo…. Who’s that? Am coming, I find myself practically shouting, God I dint mean to answer, it just slipped out. I keep staggering as I try to get up, am having this massive head rush that almost throws me off my feet, but I manage to find my balance and proceed to open the door.

Who’s that? I ask again as I struggle to get the keys to open the door, maybe I should wait to get an answer first, it might the those goddamn ‘Pol Pol’, those guys have been a pain in the a** of a lot niga** recently, “ na because Christmas don dey reach now, dem dey find Christmas food”, Eric, my realest gee once said, he was caught last week with just a handful of high and had to pay a wooping 800cedis,”guy better dey on real low key, cos dem no go pity u when dem nab u”, they really dint pity him cos the guy has been living off me ever since.

Finally, the door opens, oh…! It’s just Danielle, my next door neighbor that is in year 3, she’s really pretty with all the right things, but who cares, certainly not me. Am looking right at her face and she’s having this really weird smile on her face, almost as if she’s tryna hold back laughter , but again who cares.

What! I ask, cos the look on her face is starting to get to me.
Kelvin, Kelvin, she stutters,” av not seen you since morning and av been hearing songs coming from your room, so I just came to check up on you. But I can now see that uv been busy”, she said, looking down just a little, but it was enough for me to understand.

Holy sh*t..! What da…. av been unclad, I came to open the door without at least putting on a short, what the hell is wrong with me? Am I going crazy.

Well thanks, I manage to say, trying to act all composed. God knows am freaking out right now, but I can’t let her notice.

‘You are welcome’, she said with a smile, but I can bet she’s tryna act composed too.

I should be going back to my room now, she said, maybe trying to get my approval or something, god knows I just wanna go back to my room, I really dint care what she thought or what she wanted to do.

Ok, I manage to say, still trying to act composed.

As she’s about turning to leave.

My A.C has been on since morning, so that explains why, I said while looking down at my normally big boy, but now looking like a small boy.

She smiles,

Oh..! I get, she said, well goodnight.

Goodnight, I replied as I turn back to my room.

Oh my god..! What just happened, am I this wasted? Where did Wapin get this from? Tha ni** shouldn’t come to my house with this kind of thing again,or am I getting soft.

Hello guys, am going to be updating regularly.. pls don’t forget to comment.
As I said earlier, am really a novice writer, so pls pardon my errors and criticize with love, I know I will get better.

Deuces
Re: An Addict In Ghana- ( Story Based On True Events ) by tukdi: 8:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
Oya tell us the story Asap! undecided
Re: An Addict In Ghana- ( Story Based On True Events ) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 04, 2016
So I guess when you are ready ....

Re: An Addict In Ghana- ( Story Based On True Events ) by chidebem11(m): 10:58am On Nov 05, 2016
Ghost readers, abeg show some love ooo, u suppose knw say ur commenting shld be appreciating and not stagnating like the Nigerian economy for the TORI to be furthering.

Update coming right up

(1) (Reply)

A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed: A Feelings Of Completeness / Forces Of Darkness (A Short Story) / Troubled Dust : Latest Work By Author Of Eze Goes To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.