Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Who Led The 1967 Counter Coup? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Led The 1967 Counter Coup? (892 Views)

Boko Haram Commander Who Led Squad To Kidnap Chibok Girls Surrenders (Photo) / Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 / July 1966 Counter-coup: Fajuyi’s Aides Knew About The Coup But Betrayed Him –sis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Led The 1967 Counter Coup? by Titheman(m): 9:13pm On Nov 04, 2016
some people would see this as past and irrelevant but issues of this standard has to be clarified.
I brought this up here because of the divers accounts I've heard. someone told me Gowon was giving the orders for Lagos, then I heard Danjuma on his own planned and lead the coup, then I heard murtala ordered the complete whip of igbo officers in the barracks. then recently I heard some biafrans discussing events that lead to the civil war, I heard them say buhari and babagida lead the coup and were instrumental in the installing of gowon.
Re: Who Led The 1967 Counter Coup? by Tolexander: 9:34pm On Nov 04, 2016
Titheman:
some people would see this as past and irrelevant but issues of this standard has to be clarified.
I brought this up here because of the divers accounts I've heard. someone told me Gowon was giving the orders for Lagos, then I heard Danjuma on his own planned and lead the coup, then I heard murtala ordered the complete whip of igbo officers in the barracks. then recently I heard some biafrans discussing events that lead to the civil war, I heard them say buhari and babagida lead the coup and were instrumental in the installing of gowon.
1997 or 1966?
Re: Who Led The 1967 Counter Coup? by khadaffi(m): 9:38pm On Nov 04, 2016
By 1997 Murtala Mohammed was already dead so what are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Who Led The 1967 Counter Coup? by HtwoOw: 11:04pm On Nov 04, 2016
1997 shocked interesting
Re: Who Led The 1967 Counter Coup? by ItzChinnex(m): 12:12am On Nov 05, 2016
Led or lead

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Fani Kayode Freed / BREAKING: MMM Nigeria Crashes, Freezes Participants’ Money / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.