Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

If Cars Are Designed In Nigeria, The Features! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / If Cars Are Designed In Nigeria, The Features! (1085 Views)

These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) / Ford Self-driving Cars Are Now Delivering Domino Pizzas Across Miami / How Cars Are Stolen, And How You Can Safeguade Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Cars Are Designed In Nigeria, The Features! by wikkileaks: 9:30am On Nov 05, 2016
Good morning fellow Nairalanders, lately, I was just imagining if the different cars we use today are designed in Nigeria. I know Nigerians and how they think.Here are some features I think will be added and not be added:

(1) The cars will have no windscreen.
(2) I know a typical Nigerian engineer will not even think of a trafficator.
(3) Just imagining if car tires are made in Aba.
(4) A typical Nigerian car designer will install a device to make cars have accident so that you can buy a new one.
(5) Air condition will be the last thing a Nigerian will install in a vehicle.

Just my opinion. You are free to add yours.

Re: If Cars Are Designed In Nigeria, The Features! by talktonase(m): 9:38am On Nov 05, 2016
Guy I no gree with you at all...if only we have harnessed our best brains ford,Chevrolet, GM benz etc all have Nigerians contributing to their evolving innovations.We really are gifted people.
Re: If Cars Are Designed In Nigeria, The Features! by wikkileaks: 9:47am On Nov 05, 2016
talktonase:
Guy I no gree with you at all...if only we have harnessed our best brains ford,Chevrolet, GM benz etc all have Nigerians contributing to their evolving innovations.We really are gifted people.

Gifted Indeed! That is why our electrical engineering students in Nigeria cant even make an ordinary bulb after years of extensive studying in our universities.

1 Like

Re: If Cars Are Designed In Nigeria, The Features! by talktonase(m): 9:49am On Nov 05, 2016
wikkileaks:

Gifted Indeed! That is why our electrical engineering students in Nigeria cant even make an ordinary bulb after years of extensive studying in our universities.
name the schools/universities let their alumni's come here to ravage to pieces...
Re: If Cars Are Designed In Nigeria, The Features! by wikkileaks: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2016
talktonase:
name the schools/universities let their alumni's come here to ravage to pieces...
Bross, I dont need to mention names because we all know our bulbs are imported from china. Even ordinary matches are imported from India and Indonesia. We should ask our chemical engineering graduates for answers. The only graduates performing in Nigeria are the doctors, accountants and lawyers. I think we can all see for ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: If Cars Are Designed In Nigeria, The Features! by nurey(m): 10:39am On Nov 05, 2016
wikkileaks:

Bross, I dont need to mention names because we all know our bulbs are imported from china. Even ordinary matches are imported from India and Indonesia. We should ask our chemical engineering graduates for answers. The only graduates performing in Nigeria are the doctors, accountants and lawyers. I think we can all see for ourselves.

When you want to argue and abuse Nigerian graduates, make sure you do your research well and can defend your statement.

Nigerian graduates know how to manufacture things and how they work, the question is why don't they do it?

Answer
1. Most manufacturing phase requires machines which cannot easily be fabricated or don't have a local substitute
2. Standard. Using unethical ways will defeat the purpose, nobody will buy a substandard product. Reason why second hand cloths have more quality than new ones made in Nigeria
3. Cost of production. Cost of doing business in Nigeria is expensive, manufacturing, transporting, marketing, tax etc. When there is no cost effective way of producing a product, it's better to leave it in the region where it's cheaper. That the reason we don't grow beans in South West, you have to protect against weed, insects and pest also labor isn't cheap so it's cost effective to grow up north.
4. Government policy. That's one of the major problem this Nigerian economy is facing.

There are other factors but let's wait stop here
Re: If Cars Are Designed In Nigeria, The Features! by princemillla(m): 10:50am On Nov 05, 2016
wikkileaks:
Good morning fellow Nairalanders, lately, I was just imagining if the different cars we use today are designed in Nigeria. I know Nigerians and how they think.Here are some features I think will be added and not be added:

(1) The cars will have no windscreen.
(2) I know a typical Nigerian engineer will not even think of a trafficator.
(3) Just imagining if car tires are made in Aba.
(4) A typical Nigerian car designer will install a device to make cars have accident so that you can buy a new one.
(5) Air condition will be the last thing a Nigerian will install in a vehicle.

Just my opinion. You are free to add yours.

The Nigerian that would design a car with these nonsense amenities you wrote up there is you.
If at your age you can't differentiate btw trafficator and trafficator.

Change your thinking perspective and try make yourself useful pls

1 Like

Re: If Cars Are Designed In Nigeria, The Features! by wikkileaks: 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
princemillla:

The Nigerian that would design a car with these nonsense amenities you wrote up there is you.
If at your age you can't differentiate btw trafficator and traffigator.

Change your thinking perspective and try make yourself useful pls
Man, are u sure you are educated at all? google meaning of trafficator.
Re: If Cars Are Designed In Nigeria, The Features! by ladej(m): 2:22pm On Nov 08, 2016
nurey:

When you want to argue and abuse Nigerian graduates, make sure you do your research well and can defend your statement.

Nigerian graduates know how to manufacture things and how they work, the question is why don't they do it?

Answer
1. Most manufacturing phase requires machines which cannot easily be fabricated or don't have a local substitute
2. Standard. Using unethical ways will defeat the purpose, nobody will buy a substandard product. Reason why second hand cloths have more quality than new ones made in Nigeria
3. Cost of production. Cost of doing business in Nigeria is expensive, manufacturing, transporting, marketing, tax etc. When there is no cost effective way of producing a product, it's better to leave it in the region where it's cheaper. That the reason we don't grow beans in South West, you have to protect against weed, insects and pest also labor isn't cheap so it's cost effective to grow up north.
4. Government policy. That's one of the major problem this Nigerian economy is facing.

There are other factors but let's wait stop here
nobody is interested in sob stories. This is why we import

(1) (Reply)

Female Uber Driver / Whatsapp Co-founder Is Selling 10 Of His Porsches In Order To Free Garage Space / 40 Years Of G-class: Weststar Celebrates The Iconic Off-roader In Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.