Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) (25524 Views)

Real Estate Industry Still In Recession - Experts / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Building House In This Recession! / Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by tunamenga(m): 9:18am On Nov 07, 2016
Where I want to bargain with my landlord that 60k is too much for a mini flat. We dey enjoy for Ogbomoso
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by Hafsat24(f): 9:18am On Nov 07, 2016
soniawarmate:
true it has not dropped at all, a self contain in kubwa going for 250k what are we talking about, please this post is misinforming seriously go round and see for your self nothing about rent in Abuja has changed don't be decieved

The post is not misinforming in anyway my dear..the fact that you probably still pay 250k for a contain in kubwa doesn't mean rents haven't been reviewed by some landlords..

I also stay in kubwa, Arab road to be precise and i can tell you that my rent which we've been paying 600k for 3yrs, for a 2 bedroom flat has now been reviewed to 500k..at our request sha wink..not that our landlord loves us so much and decided to tell us one day that he's reduced our rent grin..and some of my friends here too..their rent has been been reduced too..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by fpeter(f): 9:26am On Nov 07, 2016
I told my neighbours that we should hold a meeting with the landlord and renegotiate our rents.
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by ammyluv2002(f): 9:47am On Nov 07, 2016
Hafsat24:

The post is not misinforming in anyway my dear..the fact that you probably still pay 250k for a contain in kubwa doesn't mean rents haven't been reviewed by some landlords..

I also stay in kubwa, Arab road to be precise and i can tell you that my rent which we've been paying 600k for 3yrs, for a 2 bedroom flat has now been reviewed to 500k..at our request sha wink..not that our landlord loves us so much and decided to tell us one day that he's reduced our rent grin..and some of my friends here too..their rent has been been reduced too..
I agree with you. Mine too has been reduced by 100k even most of my friends

2 Likes

Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by ammyluv2002(f): 9:49am On Nov 07, 2016
fpeter:
I told my neighbours that we should hold a meeting with the landlord and renegotiate our rents.
This is the right time for you guys. We did same and the landlord accepted immediately
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by fpeter(f): 10:00am On Nov 07, 2016
ammyluv2002:
This is the right time for you guys. We did same and the landlord accepted immediately

The annoying thing is that most people in my compound act as if they're not bothered by the situation of things.
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by Hafsat24(f): 10:00am On Nov 07, 2016
fpeter:
Perfect
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by Hafsat24(f): 10:04am On Nov 07, 2016
fpeter:

The annoying thing is that most people in my compound act as if they're not bothered by the situation of things.

They are forming ni, so they won't be looked upon as not being able to pay their rent and are now looking for a way out..grin
Make a move and see, they are probably waiting for that one person to speak up wink
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 07, 2016
blazer234:

Unfortunately, properties are getting more expensive at ilorin
am thinking of running away from the town, no money and things are extra expensive couple with the way the government has Increase taxes which has led to some companies shutting down
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by HAH: 10:39am On Nov 07, 2016
As a land lord the only thing I did for my properties in Apo and durumi was to make payment flexible, though my houses were never overpriced.

Someone here said he can use N2.5M to built house, well may be he meant mud house, because 2.5 can only do the dpc. A bag of cement is 2200 what of iron rod, sand, electrical, plumbing, tiles, pop etc, what of the land, we are talking of Abuja city centre not even kubwa or lugbe here

Truly as someone has mentioned the lack of money has nothing to do with recession but the fact that corruption proceeds have seriously reduced, one of my tenant could not pay his rent of N1.5M after sometime I had a meeting with him open up to me that his salary is 100k but hitherto he makes atleast 500k every month but now all leakages have been blocked the money is now in TSA.

7 Likes

Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by toocoded: 10:45am On Nov 07, 2016
ayusco85:
Lagos landlords should pls follow suit. House rents In Ajah and Lekki haven't crashed one bit. Imagine paying 400k for a self contained in ajah.
Na wa for Lagos landlords
Bros! Pple still dey hustle for we Lag nah and e dey make sense, recession no too dey for Lag sha oooo.
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by jomogua(m): 11:22am On Nov 07, 2016
I have a RX 300 for sale @ 1.350m very clean barely a year old good tires and lagos cleared buy and use immediately contact me on 08024129252
Generalyemi:
if any one want to sell his SUV.. 4 runner or pathfinder, biko let me know
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by jomogua(m): 11:25am On Nov 07, 2016
I have a RX 300 for sale @ 1.350m very clean barely a year old good tires and lagos cleared buy and use immediately contact me on
Generalyemi:
if any one want to sell his SUV.. 4 runner or pathfinder, biko let me know
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by serenegroup(m): 11:29am On Nov 07, 2016
soniawarmate:
true it has not dropped at all, a self contain in kubwa going for 250k what are we talking about, please this post is misinforming seriously go round and see for your self nothing about rent in Abuja has changed don't be decieved
my brother house rent in cool areas like Garki and wuse and maitama is what the op is laying emphasis on not areas like kubwa. long before I read this post, I and one of my client were discussing how his uncle had to reduce the rent on one of his property in Garki 2. so that the property will not lie idle. bros this post is on point
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by Generalyemi(m): 11:44am On Nov 07, 2016
jomogua:
I have a RX 300 for sale @ 1.350m very clean barely a year old good tires and lagos cleared buy and use immediately contact me on 08024129252

thanks... but I am a land surveyor..I need something strong n rugged

1 Like

Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by fpeter(f): 12:00pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hafsat24:

They are forming ni, so they won't be looked upon as not being able to pay their rent and are now looking for a way out..grin
Make a move and see, they are probably waiting for that one person to speak up wink

My sister, i just sold the idea to a close neighbour and immediately she sent everyone a text. To my utter amazement she said they all responded o...lamenting seriously, we have fixed a meeting for Saturday. So they were waiting for someone to make the first move. cheesy grin
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by Adagba1: 12:00pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hafsat24:

You are very correct,I live in Kubwa too,the mere fact that you see house to let every where shows that something is happening.Unlike before when tenants are everywhere looking for house,houses are looking for them now.
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by ashewoboy(m): 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2016
repogirl:
Yeah, this is true...I've heard from a few people that landlords are receiving less just so their houses don't remain empty but my estate is still quite pricey sha.

Make E go down well well.

now we know you stay in an estate.

1 Like

Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by rose54321: 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2016
chubbygal:
Yea! Same here in life camp Efab Estate I got a very good self contain for 300k against 400k I use to pay .

Sorry what area is Efab estate?, is it by stadium side?
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by HAH: 1:14pm On Nov 07, 2016
rose54321:

Sorry what area is Efab estate?, is it by stadium side?

There are about four Efab estate in Abuja, one along karimo road, one near citec and fedral staff hospital, one along apo mech workshops, and one in lokogoma
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by Hafsat24(f): 1:26pm On Nov 07, 2016
Adagba1:
You are very correct,I live in Kubwa too,the mere fact that you see house to let every where shows that something is happening.Unlike before when tenants are everywhere looking for house,houses are looking for them now.

I tell you.. grin
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by Hafsat24(f): 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
fpeter:

My sister, i just sold the idea to a close neighbour and immediately she sent everyone a text. To my utter amazement she said they all responded o...lamenting seriously, we have fixed a meeting for Saturday. So they were waiting for someone to make the first move. cheesy grin

Told ya!!! cheesy
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by Hafsat24(f): 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2016
ashewoboy:

now we know you stay in an estate.

Na wa you oo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by rose54321: 1:41pm On Nov 07, 2016
HAH:

There are about four Efab estate in Abuja, one along karimo road, one near citec and fedral staff hospital, one along apo mech workshops, and one in lokogoma

Thanks. Ppreeciate it.
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by uzoexcel(m): 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
1 bedroom in lug be FHA is still 450k... undecided
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by basilo102: 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2016
holatin:
and you are dumb !
Whats d bad news in this in the thread ?
Or is ur dad one of the landlord who inflate house rent in abuja ?
Stop masturbating with buhari name on every thread. He isnt a IndecentStar 4 heaven sake.
The houses are empty, which means people are so poor and can no longer afforrd them and now squat in shanties. It is like you people love poverty. This is bad news in all ramifications
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by basilo102: 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2016
billgatexp:
My opinion.. Even if the rent drops how about the income to pay the rent? Work no dey and we dey talk abt drop in rents. It's even worse now
Intelligent observation. SOme zombies are celebrating this as good news. this is a very bad news, middle class is vanishing
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by taayourty(m): 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2016
Its never recession. No slush funds thrown around anymore.
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by ayusco85(m): 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
specter:

Very soon it will will cos many apartments in ikoyi, VI, lekki, Ajah and environs are now empty properties.Perhaps they are still hoping until reality sets in. Cos guys are moving further island like lekki2 and estates around ibeju. While others simply relocate to mainland. And rent a good apartment for half the price, then buy a good car for the traffic. With time e go reduce for island before e hit mainland. Just wait and see. While cars are getting more expensive.

I can't wait for that day o. because am trying to rent an apartment in ajah. I work in lekki.
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by ayusco85(m): 3:34pm On Nov 07, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

No be by force smiley
Whats dat supposed to mean. Must u comment
Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by ayusco85(m): 3:38pm On Nov 07, 2016
toocoded:

Bros! Pple still dey hustle for we Lag nah and e dey make sense, recession no too dey for Lag sha oooo.

Yes o, lag toh bad, recession or not Lagos is buzzing. But at least na, let d landlords try reduce the rent biko. Money is scarce and they risk losing customers to the mainland.

1 Like

Re: Recession Forces Down Abuja Rent (daily Trust) by ayusco85(m): 3:40pm On Nov 07, 2016
sylvar02:

I swear... Ajah landlords smdh...
I dey tell you. But God pass them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons / Ibadan Building Collapse: Evacuation Underway As Victims Are Been Rescued / Construction Of Luxurious 4 Bedroom Raised Bungalow (with Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.