Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram (34978 Views)

Muhammad Abu Ali Cooking And Relaxing In His Home Before His Death / Where Muhammad Abu Ali Was Killed (Photo) / What Muhammad Abu-Ali Told His Colleagues Before Boko Haram Killed Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by chiskito(f): 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
Unblockable:
Such a disheartening news! RIP to the gallant officer.

When Jonathan was there, whenever such things happened, I was always vexed. I always prayed that those (Boko Haram) guys be defeated. I never tried politicizing the war against Boko Haram even when it was obvious Jonathan wasn't ready to tackle the menace.

However, I'm surprised today that when any news of a fallen hero arises on this forum, people tend to celebrate it because of their hatred for Buhari. Buhari didn't say they've been fully defeated. But it's audible to the deaf, visible to the blind, perceivable to the anosmia and vocal to the dumb that the man has really tried. People have gone back to their villages which they deserted during Jonathan's tenure, some of the Chibok girls have been rescued. Do we expect the Boko Haram not to carry out any attack at all? For Pet' sake, this administration has done well in the fight against insurgency.

Young man just pay your respects and move on.
Nobody celebrated such sad news as this under Jonathan like the current occupants of Aso rock who were in the opposition then.
It's either your having selective amnesia or you just have pure APC genetic trait running in your blood: Lying.
Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by Walelavender(m): 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2016
So painful we lost a fine officer with class. Continue to RIP. One day the people behind this evil machination will be unveiled. So disheartening!
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by holyfather(m): 3:46pm On Nov 05, 2016
pedestal82:
This is painful, for Naija this kind person wey them don cast him matter, una go remove am from that place for at least 2 yrs. Because boko haram go dey find am, him fellow officers go dey beef am.
Now them don kill am. RIP Man. cry
I too was surprised to hear that he's still at the front lines.
Smh
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by saintmark88(m): 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2016
Onix01:
This is really disheartening, May God have Mercy upon his soul and Grant the deceased soul paradise. Instead of our leaders to pray frivolously on battling Boko Haram, Oyegun is fasting and praying for Bubu to return back in 2019. Let the youths make Nigeria Great Again. It's time to take our Country back with trial and error leadership.

Which foolish youth, is it all these ignoramus Tht Dnt Know what is right n wrong, where in d world have u seen youth ruling nations, as at 2005, Donal Trump was already 59 years old, so do d maths, how old is he now??, how about Hilary, or Theresa May or Angela Merkel, or Vladimir Putin.....everyone mentioned here is over 50.......so all these youth tin I hear on social media, just shows ur gross ignorance
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by juman(m): 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2016
The man is the victim of their generals that deliberately destroyed nigeria.

Boko haram came up because nigeria was not a real country.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by diplomat058(m): 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
PaulIdu:
Col Ali wasn't killed during Jonathan's era but in a period were we claimed we have defeated Boko Haram..
are you saying no colonel was killed during GEJ era? Besides, the terrorists are fast losing ground so you should expect more of such counter-attack to redeem their lost territorial acquisitions. Great one from the NA for the defeat of BH.
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by Doctor0071(m): 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
Bad news where, end time
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by Emassive(m): 3:54pm On Nov 05, 2016
The same army sold him out to Boko haram becos of beef. They should have taken him off that battalion for now and return later. FG needs to tell Nigeria the truth behind this war.
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by Esji80(m): 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
It is a very sad news,may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.This is indeed a great loss not only to the NA but to the nation at large.May God reward him with aljannatul firdaus.May his effort never be in vain ameen
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by thedarkside: 4:02pm On Nov 05, 2016
we will destroy boko haram...we will hunt them till the gates of libya....! angry angry angry angry..
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by HealthCoach1: 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2016
ARE YOU SUFFERING FROM HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE?
Have you ever imagined how you can finally do away with HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE after a lot of medications have given no fruitful result.
There is a natural supplement called HYPERTENSION CARE that can help you deal with the root cause of high blood pressure and also gradually reduce your  blood pressure to the normal level without any side effect.
We offer free home delivery service.
Payment on delivery available
To learn more or to place your order;
Call/SMS/Whatsapp: 08065035401
BBM: D1A0F4FA
E-mail: ooluwaseunayodele@gmail.com
 http://www.perfectwellnessoptions.com/bloodpressure.html
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by elbaraj001(m): 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2016
RIP sir, until we meet again...u fought a good fight...I salute..
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by WorldRichest: 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
Built2last:
In the mind of irredeemable zombies, Bokoharam has been defeated.

Soldiers are killed weekly. IDP camps are blown up ..In every 2 weeks people are blown up by Bokoharam, yet Bokoharam has been defeated

I thought you idiots said that Boko Haram was established by Buhari and that Buhari has called his boys to order. So, which Boko Haram killed our gallant colonel? The Goatluck Jonathan's faction of Boko haram or the Patience Jonathan's faction?
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by ndcide(m): 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2016
AlPeter:
you this clown again? Am sure your brain is on recession so you couldn't understand the attack a successfully repelled. You seem to have forgotten what happened in Baga during the time of the ineffectual buffoon you this clown again? Am sure your brain is on recession so you couldn't understand the attack a successfully repelled. You seem to have forgotten what happened in Baga during the time of the ineffectual buffoon. Let me remind you an your sidekick apcharam.
A month past after the deadliest Boko Haram
attack on Baga town, launched by militants on
January 3rd, but the exact number of deaths is
yet to be known. The BBC correspondent
Thomas Fessy in West Africa tried to piece
together a picture of what occurred that day.
It was reported that scores of men, women and
children were killed in the Nigerian towns of Baga
and Doron Baga in the northeastern
Nigerian state of Borno, close to Lake Chad.
According to the military officials only 150 people
were killed in a fierce attack, most of them were
terrorists. Other sources put the death toll up to
Harun Muhamad, survivor from Baga
The survivors at refugee camps in Chad have been
narrating their ordeal.
The Boko Haram militants launched a fierce attack,
when many residents had already gone to worship.
They heard the shootings at 05:45 local time (04:45
GMT), just before dawn.
Harun Muhamad, the 31-year-old survivor from
Baga said: “ We went to the military barracks to ask
the soldiers what was happening. They told us that
Boko Haram may be attacking, so we took our
machetes and knives to defend ourselves .”
As insurgents advanced through the west side of
Baga, a group of determined young men gathered
their “cutlasses” – or machetes – and knives to
protect their town. They achieved a rare success.
READ ALSO: Boko Haram Attacks Baga and Makes
Locals Flee Into Chad
“We pushed them back, together with our soldiers,”
said the local man.
The militants were made to retreat into the bush.
Survivor from Baga
Another Baga resident 20-year-old Dahiru
Abdullahi added: “ We all came out en masse to
fight back,” recalling that most terrorists were
wearing military uniforms of different kinds, some
of them also had black coats on and turbans.
After the fighters’ retreat, there was a calm in the
fighting and some relief, but it did not last long.
A few hours later Boko Haram returned. They
attacked the town again. Their lines had inflamed to
a frightening column of pick-up trucks and
motorcycles.
“When I was running and they were hunting us,
shooting us, some people were falling and dying,
others being run over with motorbikes and dying.
Some reached the bank of the lake ,” Hadija Abakar,
survivor from Baga said.
Another local, Dahiru Abdullahi, added, that “they
came back out from the bush with around 20
vehicles .”
No less than 10 armed terrorists jumped from each
car. It remains unbearable to know how many
insurgents took part in the attack; refugees spoke
of “hundreds”. The residents also out-armed.
According to Harun Muhamad the second wave of
Boko Haram militants was “too many”, making
everyone to run for their lives.
The survivors narrated how the armed terrorists
shouted at the young men who had earlier wielded
locally made weapons.
“Be brave, men, why don’t you fight us?” Boko
Haram militants cried.
READ ALSO: Dead Bodies Litter Baga After Boko
Haram Attack
The Nigerian soldiers, too, gave up fighting and fled
faced with the advancing terrorists. Survivors say
many threw or dropped their guns on the ground
as they went, leaving them for others to retrieve.
Mother of a two-year-old boy Saratu Garba, 20,
said: “ Vigilantes picked up these weapons and fired
back, but they found themselves overwhelmed by
the force against them and [they] ran as well. ”
Survivors described pandemonium as the Boko
Haram armed group progressed through the town.
The local residents escaped in all directions; many
thinking that they could seek refuge in the nearby
fishing town of Doron Baga, on the shore of Lake
Chad.
By midday, the attack had turned into a hunt-to-kill
as Boko Haram fighters chased people down the
road.
Dahiru Abdullahi, survivor of Baga attack, said:
“There was also a woman whose baby fell into the
water. We got him out, gave her the baby back and
she was able to get into the boat.. We entered
boats, but they kept firing at us. ”
“They shot people dead, but they also killed with
their cars, running over those who were in their
way ,” another woman, Saratu Garba, added.
“There were too many corpses to count them.”
The woman and other refugees all narrated seeing
women, children and men falling to the ground or
lying dead. The streets of Doron Baga were soon
littered with bodies. As people reached the shores
of Lake Chad, Boko Haram insurgents closed in on
them.
“They kept firing at us even when we jumped on
boats,” said Dahiru Abdullahi. “One man next to me
was shot.”
Families scattered in a desperate flight. Many were
separated as they ran for their lives.
Some fled through the bush and, days later,
reached sanctuary in other Nigerian towns or
cities. According to Medecins Sans Frontieres about
5,000 escaped to the Maidiguri, Borno State capital
– 162km (100 miles) from Baga. Others travelled
north and crossed into neighbouring Niger.
Harun Muhamad, who was disjointed from his wife
and baby, said: “ I don’t know whether they are alive
or dead.”
However, Dahiru Abdullahi, is waiting for news of
his younger brother. “ Him and nine other men who
were with us, they have disappeared,” he said.
The leader of Boko Haram militants Abubakar
Shekau released a video after Baga attack. He took
the responsibility for the Baga attack.
It remains impossible to know precisely how many
Nigerians were killed during the attack. Human
rights group Amnesty International has said that up
to 2,000 lost their lives, but BBC has found no
indication to back such a claim. Eyewitness
accounts suggest several hundred are likely to have
died, but the real figure will probably never be
known.
READ ALSO: Nigerian Generals Arrested Over
Failure In Baga
The Federal Government of Nigeria looks unable to
settle any death toll. The army rejected Amnesty’s
count, saying “ the number of people who lost their
lives during the attack has so far not exceeded
about 150 “.
Satellite images of Baga and Doron Baga taken
after the attacks show the extent of the damage –
with an estimated 3,700 structures damaged or
destroyed, according to Amnesty International.
In an online video, a man named Abi Mos’aab
Albernawi – introduced as the “official spokesman”
for Boko Haram – said they attacked Baga because
it was “ important in terms of commercial and
military value to the Nigerian government“.
Baga was most probable targeted because of the
nearby military base, headquarters of the
Multinational Joint Task Force that includes Nigeria,
Niger, Chad and Cameroon.
https://www.naij.com/377924-survivors-revealed-what-really-happened-in-baga.html

www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-30826582

www.express.co.uk/news/world/551346/Boko-Haram-massacre-2-000-feared-dead-Baga-Amnesty-International

Sorry I couldn't read your shiiit. I thought you would have told us where about 100 missing soldiers are
You are just too insensitive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by ndcide(m): 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2016
Unblockable:

When Jonathan was there, whenever such things happened, I was always vexed. I always prayed that those (Boko Haram) guys be defeated. I never tried politicizing the war against Boko Haram even when it was obvious Jonathan wasn't ready to tackle the menace.

However, I'm surprised today that when any news of a fallen hero arises on this forum, people tend to celebrate it because of their hatred for Buhari. Buhari didn't say they've been fully defeated. But it's audible to the deaf, visible to the blind, perceivable to the anosmia and vocal to the dumb that the man has really tried. People have gone back to their villages which they deserted during Jonathan's tenure, some of the Chibok girls have been rescued. Do we expect the Boko Haram not to carry out any attack at all? For Pet' sake, this administration has done well in the fight against insurgency.

We know your type. The election results sheet of those places are in Inec office.

Buhari can keep killing our soldiers and blame it on Jonathan. He has you for support but God forbid I join such.

GEJ fought the political boko haram from start and election held in those places.

He declared SOE. kept the democratic institutions for peace to reign, funded the SOE, Visited the elders himself, not in Abuja but in the centre of boko haram controlled bornu state, WHEN IT WAS CLARE TO ALL THAT, LOCALS WERE PROTECTING BOKO HARAM. He visited the war front himself and spoke to the military.

When the military was compromised, with commanders giving information to boko haram, soldiers being killed on friendly fire, he built his special squad to take on the fight and attached foreign boots on ground. BECAUSE IT WAS ABSOLUTELY POLITICAL.

Only fools will pretend about boko haram. We know the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2016

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
WorldRichest:

I thought you idiots said that Boko Haram was established by Buhari and that Buhari has called his boys to order. So, which Boko Haram killed our gallant colonel? The Goatluck Jonathan's faction of Boko haram or the Patience Jonathan's faction?
you are a zombie do you think If you train your dog to eat people that it will not eat You one day

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2016
Muslims can't control the Boko Haram they formed

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
AnodaIT:
A tactically defeated Boko Haram is now killing top officers of the army.

The person who advised Buhari not to abscond after winning the elections must be found and drag through the streets naked.

Top lies from Buhari

Investors are running over themselves to invest in Nigeria (Next day 5 airlines closed shops and relocate to Ghana)

Germany is investing $3bn in Nigeria (Next day Germany replied, "We only said $300m for aids)

I am for nobody, I am for everybody (few days later, he confirm that some people that gave him 5% cannot enjoy like the others that gave him "97%"wink

And this one: Abacha never stole .......

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2016
jeeqaa7:
na wah oh... this technically defeated boko come strong pass the old boko

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2016
pedestal82:
This is painful, for Naija this kind person wey them don cast him matter, una go remove am from that place for at least 2 yrs. Because boko haram go dey find am, him fellow officers go dey beef am.
You really spoke my mind.The guy should have been redeployed to another area of service. This death is avoidable and needless. RIP,great soldier.
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by rabex123(m): 5:41pm On Nov 05, 2016
PaulIdu:
Col Ali wasn't killed during Jonathan's era but in a period were we claimed we have defeated Boko Haram..
mumu.
Bring DAT useless big nose dull clown to be mentioned in the same breath as Lt col ali

Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by ripbubu: 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by ripbubu: 5:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
project50:
you are a zombie do you think If you train your dog to eat people that it will not eat You one day
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by mare23ayo(m): 6:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
WARS COME AND GO BUT MY SOLDIERS STAY ETERNAL
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by amagugm: 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2016
Believe this government at your peril
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by Genesis2000(m): 6:46pm On Nov 05, 2016
pedestal82:

Nigerian soldiers, should screen it personels.

There was no smoke without fire.

It is not easy to kill a commander, it means the terrorist might have wipe out an entire battalion. Which i disagree.

Enough said.
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by dudebuck: 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
Lol
Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by obidaddy: 7:02pm On Nov 05, 2016
zeus2412:
have known him since when he was a major before he was being promoted by buratai. OGA Ali was a great man with honour and also rip to my fellow 4 colleagues who also died with and for the other nairalanders don't critise us rather support us in your prayers cus its not funny here at all @ danboa

I doff my hat for you and your colleagues at the frontlines. If not for the Corruption in the Nigerian system i would have been a soldier since 2004 and seeing action now.

But my question is this, does it mean the Nigerian Millitary have no rotation system?

For example after fighting boko haram for like 6 months, dont the milltary bring in fresh troops to continue and allow the others to rest, refresh and see their families..?
Please answer honestly.

May God protect you guys out there.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by emymeeky: 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
Unblockable:

You don't mean it

Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2016

5 Likes

Re: Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram by unite4real: 9:36pm On Nov 05, 2016
PaulIdu:

During that Era, they were not fighting because they were armless. They were usually hiding and lots of civilians were the casualties. Now that they have weapons, they confront them and when there is heavy battle to save civilians and protect territory, there are usually military casualties as well as insurgents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funke Akindele Announced As PDP Lagos Deputy Governor Candidate / I’m Discouraged After Last Week’s Visit To Buhari­ – Bakare / Mastermind Of Kenya Mall Attack, Escaped Being Caught In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.