Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,777 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career (13829 Views)

How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Highly Profitable Talents And How They Work / Self-improvement : 10 Questions You Should Ask To Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by KINGinVAHALA: 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
In 2011, after I discovered that I could live my dream life and put my footprints on the sand of history by working with my talents, I set out on a lonely path to success. After 3years, i
got confused, frustrated and disorganized because despite
knowing what I had, I still wasn't moving. I needed to move
forward, I needed to storm my world. As I sat down in 2014
to ponder on it, questions that helped shaped my career and
gave me motion began to flow through my mind. These
questions helped me and I strongly believe that they can help
you too.

1. What Am I Doing?
A clear understanding of this question will put you on the
right path to success. This question will bring you back to
reality.
Not knowing what you're doing can make you leave your own
path and walk in other people's paths. It's important to
always ask ourselves this question regularly. What am I
doing? Am I doing what am supposed to be doing?

2. Why Am I Doing This?
Why are you doing what you're doing? Why are you working
with your talents when you should be working in the bank, or
hospital with your degree? The why, is the motive behind a
task and the motive is very important in shaping one's
career. Is it because you think you can do it better? or is it
because that's what's in vogue? or is it because of the lack
of 'white collar jobs? or is it because you want to use that
talent of yours to impact lives? A truthful answer to this
question will help point you to the right path.

3. Where am I going with this?
This question helped me, it can help you too. Every
talentpreneur should have an understanding of where their
talents will lead them to.
Will working with your talents lead you to the palace or the
prison.
Will it help you achieve your dreams and ambitions in life.
What do you intend to achieve from it? It's important we ask
ourselves this silly but important question because what's
the use of walking on a path that leads to nowhere.

4. Who am I doing this for?
It's important for every talentpreneur to know their target
audience.
Which set of people can you easily relate with? Can you
easily relate with the youths, females, males, old, young, rich,
poor, educated, uneducated, sick, broken hearted,
unemployed etc. We need to also know our location, our
territory. We can also chose our target audience and work
towards taking our talents to them.

5. What will I gain from this?
It's wisdom to engage in a profitable venture. In fact,
engaging in an unprofitable venture can be regarded as
foolishness. Will it bring you peace of mind, happiness, joy,
rest, riches, honour, and above all, will it make you a fulfilled
man or woman?

6. What will I lose for not doing this?
I've sometimes imagined not doing what I'm doing, and the
picture isn't pleasant. Most people are doing what they are
not gifted at and that's the cause of the lackadaisical
attitudes of some employees.

7. How can I improve on this?
Every talent needs proper development and refinement. And
it's also important for talentpreneurs to get the adequate
skills that will help improve their talents and presentation to
the audience.
We're not the only person doing what we're doing, so, we
must always look for ways to improve our talents and
presentation.

8. How can I make a living from this?
The proper use of just a talent has the potential of turning
someone into a multi millionaire. In other words, every
talents can be monetized. As a talent coach, I've discovered
that talent monetization is regarded as the most difficult
aspects of talentpreneurship, but it can be made easier if
only we'd seek how to.

9. How can I take this to my audience?
This is where talent promotion comes to play. In Africa, lack
of finance has always been the major constraint to effective
talent promotion, thus, the need for strategic talent promotion
and marketing.

10. Who should I take along?
Every Moses needs a Aaron, every Abraham needs a Lot and
every Jesus needs his twelve disciples. The person or people
you take along in the pursuit of your dreams through your
talents will determine if you will gain speed or lag behind. At
the early stage of your career, you may have to go alone, but
we must understand that we can't do it all alone thus the
need to build a team that can help us to achieve our dreams
and missions.
SUCCEED YOU MUST.

Written by -
Johnspeak Uwangue with input from King Godwin Uwangue (Kinginvahala).

John Uwangue (Johnspeak Uwangue) is a motivational Speaker, Talent Manager & Coach.
For more enquiries, please contact him via:
Email: Johnspeaksuwangue@gmail.com
Facebook: www.Facebook.com/Johnspeak Uwangue

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by veekid(m): 6:45am On Nov 06, 2016
Informative

Kinginvahala; where have you been?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by Turks: 6:45am On Nov 06, 2016
Most people just find themselves in a certain Careerie path and in the long run, they ask the question 'How did I get here? cry'

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 06, 2016
smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by EternalBeing: 6:46am On Nov 06, 2016
Thanks. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by oladam23(m): 6:47am On Nov 06, 2016
Yes indeed, succeed I must.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by lonelydora: 6:48am On Nov 06, 2016
Do Nigerians still follow career? To a Nigerian any work that pays the bill is a career.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by espn(m): 6:48am On Nov 06, 2016
You are on point OP..its not easy following ones dream, especially in this kind of society where everyone depends on white collar jobs! You don't do it..they term you as bin lazy, they kill your passion for your dream..Dont give up on you dream..If you want something go get it..#nothingcomeseasy#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by Exponental(m): 6:49am On Nov 06, 2016
God helping us not to derail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by SurePresident: 6:52am On Nov 06, 2016
Cool.

1 Like

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by mobiupdates: 6:52am On Nov 06, 2016
Thanks for the info..
iOS apps for PC

1 Like

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by sylvar02(m): 6:54am On Nov 06, 2016

1 Like

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by nmreports: 6:57am On Nov 06, 2016
This is why mentorship is important. Do not think you know... Ask questions, probe, be curious, don't settle for less, be angry at your situation... Then challenge yourself.
We do not usually know how far we can go until we have tried.

Career discussions and mentoring is critical and important.
We just churned out new graduate's from NYSC who don't even know where to start from.
Start by getting a mentor and ask questions any opportunity you have.
Start also by visiting www.HRtechnique.com
You will definitely find valuable things that will assist.

Value is important and our resources are valuable for new graduate's and job seekers. Insights into HR styles for different companies.

Visit www.HRtechnique.com for insights

1 Like

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by elnino02(m): 6:59am On Nov 06, 2016
Op ur so on point wiv dz properly applied ull beat d records of ur parents n field

1 Like

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by teebabsman(m): 7:23am On Nov 06, 2016
This is great.
God bless op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by YESAfrica(m): 7:27am On Nov 06, 2016
Very well articulated and truly of much help to many

Thank you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by 2000viewsNg(m): 7:34am On Nov 06, 2016
Graves Older Than 20 Years To Be Recycle In Ghana Due To Low Availability Of Land
Read full story

http://www.2000viewsng.com/2016/11/graves-older-than-20-years-to-be.html

1 Share

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by eezeribe(m): 8:02am On Nov 06, 2016
We depend so much on classroom knowledge in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by dhebz2pon(m): 8:06am On Nov 06, 2016
Very insightful, neva relent on wah u think wil bring d dough to ur pocket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by rasheedmalik113: 8:08am On Nov 06, 2016
talent people check yourselves which one here is yrs ···

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by dan1217(m): 8:10am On Nov 06, 2016
nmreports:
This is why mentorship is important. Do not think you know... Ask questions, probe, be curious, don't settle for less, be angry at your situation... Then challenge yourself.
We do not usually know how far we can go until we have tried.

Career discussions and mentoring is critical and important.
We just churned out new graduate's from NYSC who don't even know where to start from.
Start by getting a mentor and ask questions any opportunity you have.
Start also by visiting www.HRtechnique.com
You will definitely find valuable things that will assist.

Value is important and our resources are valuable for new graduate's and job seekers. Insights into HR styles for different companies.

Visit www.HRtechnique.com for insights

the part of asking questions and being curious is seen by many as irritating to them. I have come to realise that only few people want u to succeed fast when u join a new establishment, they all hoard their knowledge not wanting to share it and always trying to frustrate one to give up.

Even our so called mentors, the idea of I suffered to get here so u too must suffer.. How do one go about this?

2 Likes

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by Felixitie(m): 8:32am On Nov 06, 2016
Eye opener.......never compromise your dreams!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 06, 2016
Great post, it's like finding your purpose

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by nmreports: 9:13am On Nov 06, 2016
dan1217:

the part of asking questions and being curious is seen by many as irritating to them. I have come to realise that only few people want u to succeed fast when u join a new establishment, they all hoard their knowledge not wanting to share it and always trying to frustrate one to give up.

Even our so called mentors, the idea of I suffered to get here so u too must suffer.. How do one go about this?

I agree that while this might be true, it does not apply to all organizations or mentors as the case maybe.
Your narration is a clear case of an organization with the wrong values and the wrong mentor as you mentioned.

Where I work, upon resumption, you are assigned to somebody who would train you for a week. After one week then you are on your own but with support from your trainer for another week.
The trainer is actually also appraised based on how he performed while training you.

HR of every organization must develop a process to curtail such irresponsiveness and hostility from staff to a new employee.

As per mentor, look deeper, you will find a great and selfless mentor. If one mentor is not what you need, discard and embrace someone else. You own your life and you are the architect of it so do what's best for you always.
Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by dan1217(m): 9:21am On Nov 06, 2016
nmreports:

I agree that while this might be true, it does not apply to all organizations or mentors as the case maybe.
Your narration is a clear case of an organization with the wrong values and the wrong mentor as you mentioned.

Where I work, upon resumption, you are assigned to somebody who would train you for a week. After one week then you are on your own but with support from your trainer for another week.
The trainer is actually also appraised based on how he performed while training you.

HR of every organization must develop a process to curtail such irresponsiveness and hostility from staff to a new employee.

As per mentor, look deeper, you will find a great and selfless mentor. If one mentor is not what you need, discard and embrace someone else. You own your life and you are the architect of it so do what's best for you always.

Thanks man. just got an insight
Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by oseiwe(m): 9:38am On Nov 06, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Written by -
Johnspeak Uwangue with input from King Godwin Uwangue (Kinginvahala).

John Uwangue (Johnspeak Uwangue) is a motivational Speaker, Talent Manager & Coach.
For more enquiries, please contact him via:
Email: Johnspeaksuwangue@gmail.com
Facebook: www.Facebook.com/Johnspeak Uwangue

Nice teachings.

Are you itsekiri or esan? I believe your siggy carries Anenih's title

1 Like

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by bidexmedia(m): 11:40am On Nov 06, 2016
Digital Solutions Available

Radio Advertisement, Bulk SMS, GSM Database, Email Marketing, Blog Design, SEO, etc

Call:- 08069073333.

BBM pin - 7b8006db.

Inspiration 92.3 FM in Lagos
Inspiration 100.5 FM in Ibadan
Inspiration 105.9 FM in Uyo

Bulk sms website - www.bsms.com.ng
Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by yungdoc12(m): 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2016
What d difference btw skills and talent? Nd also can a skill lead to talent?........
Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by vannessa7(f): 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2016
yungdoc12:
What d difference btw skills and talent? Nd also can a skill lead to talent?........

skill is acquired through training such as apprenticeship or understudying someone in that line of work and is developed further through constant practical application of what you learnt while talent is what comes to you naturally, you are gifted for it, you find it easy to do more than people around you, but you can acquire skill in your talent area through training, a skill cannot lead to talent unless it was already in you before your training.but you can be skillful in you talent, its difficult to succeed in an area you are not talented in no matter your training,

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by professore(m): 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2016
This is reasonable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by KINGinVAHALA: 4:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
oseiwe:

Nice teachings.

Are you itsekiri or esan? I believe your siggy carries Anenih's title
I am Esan!
Re: Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career by KINGinVAHALA: 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2016
veekid:
Informative

Kinginvahala; where have you been?
Thanks boss! How far na?

(1) (2) (Reply)

#FOREXCrisis: Food And Beverage Sector To Sack 3m Workers / As FG, Labour Begin Negotiations On New Minimum Wage / While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.