Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,469 members, 7,819,715 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity (7589 Views)

Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! / My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Highly Profitable Talents And How They Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 25, 2017
How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity
By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivational Speaker, Talent and Life Coach)

Most people looking to boost their results start by working harder because it's the most visible form of productivity. We assume the solution is to simply put in more hours -- and
that’s true, to a point. However, this approach has few key problems. To be productive is the aim of most people; either as business owners, employees, Wives/husbands or as individuals working with our God given talents. Productivity is simply to yield much results with little efforts. Apart from the acquisition of skills or higher degrees, talents can also be engaged for our productivity. The reason why so many people are finding it difficult to yield much results is as a result of ignorance as well as the inability to fully utilize their talents for maximum productivity. Prior to this time, we've been made to think that talent was all about singing, dancing, acting, drawing, etcetera. But, new knowledge have emerged with facts to back it up that talent goes beyond the aforementioned.

Even in the pursuit of our individual dreams or life purposes, talents can be used to increase our productivity which can in return lead to our happiness and fulfilment. In this article, I want to share with you just three out of the many ways that we can use our God given talents to increase our productivity.

- Find The Talent That Aligns With The Task.

What's that task or situation that you are faced with? There's a talent in you that you can use to solve it. Wisdom in this regard is simply the correct application of the right talent to the right task. For instance, if you want to be productive in how you convert prospects to clients, you should develop your convincing talent or engage someone who has a talent for convincing (sweet mouth). If customers are complaining about your product quality, you will have to develop your talent for perfectionism or excellence if you have it or you could simply employ the service of someone with that talent. In any area that you want to be more productive at, you should develop a talent that aligns with that.

- Let The Talent Do The Work

Oftentimes, when we try to do things with our own strength, or putting in more efforts with the aim of yielding more results, we oftentimes realize that our end results always come short of our expectations and the expectations of our environment. I have discovered that most times I end up not making sense whenever I try to take the job away from my talents. So, what I always do is to let my talent do the job. Which is why I don't write or give counsel until my talent is ready to do its job. But sometimes, I try to initiate the process for my talent to wake up and takeover but if it still doesn't respond, I let it be. Don't take over the job of your talent, let it do its work.

- Let Your Talent Fix The Time

Sometimes in our quest to get things done, we often become impatient and agitated. We just want things to happen at our own time and pace forgetting the fact that we are not the ones doing the job but our talents. So many people have resulted to some things that are dangerous to their health all in their quest to get results. You may not be inspired by your talents, but that doesn't mean that something is wrong with you. During the beginning of this month, I planned to double the rate at which I write in order to be productive, but I discovered that I couldn't meet my target. Despite not meeting my target, I discovered that my articles have improved compared to the previous month all because I allowed my talent to dictate the time and speed. Productivity is not a day's job so, allow your talent to determine the speed. You have used your talents long enough, it's time to allow your talents to use you and at its own time and speed.

Succeed You Must!

© Johnspeak Uwangue
Motivational Speaker, Talent and Life Coach.

Cc: Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun #April30

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by fatai157: 7:59am On Sep 25, 2017
good
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by heryurh(m): 7:59am On Sep 25, 2017
If person no sabi hin Talent nko undecided

5 Likes

Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by freeman95(m): 8:00am On Sep 25, 2017
Nice
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by freeman95(m): 8:00am On Sep 25, 2017
heryurh:
V

V kor vagina ni
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by Ayo4251(m): 8:00am On Sep 25, 2017
Nice...morning motivation
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by rozayx5(m): 8:00am On Sep 25, 2017
Yea nice read

Hard work beats talent when talent sleeps

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by Finstar: 8:00am On Sep 25, 2017
Using your talent makes the journey smoother and fun..

Visit my signature wink
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by brainpulse: 8:01am On Sep 25, 2017
xfnmosdnn:
Productivity
you are a fraud
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by Frosti(m): 8:02am On Sep 25, 2017
Me trying to use my talents
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by princemidon(m): 8:03am On Sep 25, 2017
Nice write up. But, just in case my talent refuse to wake up. Hope waking it up myself is not a bad idea.
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by freeze105: 8:03am On Sep 25, 2017
E
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by MhizzAJ(f): 8:04am On Sep 25, 2017
Cool
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by silasweb(m): 8:05am On Sep 25, 2017
Thanks for the tips
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by olamil34(m): 8:05am On Sep 25, 2017
a more relevant topic will be, how to make with ur talents
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by braine(m): 8:09am On Sep 25, 2017
Good one.
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by dovetark: 8:09am On Sep 25, 2017
Nice
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by dovetark: 8:10am On Sep 25, 2017
Good day sir, this is a nice write up. Do you have a blog?

JohnspeakU:

Most people looking to boost their results start by working harder because it's the most visible form of productivity. We assume the solution is to simply put in more hours -- and
that’s true, to a point. However, this approach has few key problems. To be productive is the aim of most people; either as business owners, employees, Wives/husbands or as individuals working with our God given talents. Productivity is simply to yield much results with little efforts. Apart from the acquisition of skills or higher degrees, talents can also be engaged for our productivity. The reason why so many people are finding it difficult to yield much results is as a result of ignorance as well as the inability to fully utilize their talents for maximum productivity. Prior to this time, we've been made to think that talent was all about singing, dancing, acting, drawing, etcetera. But, new knowledge have emerged with facts to back it up that talent goes beyond the aforementioned.

Even in the pursuit of our individual dreams or life purposes, talents can be used to increase our productivity which can in return lead to our happiness and fulfilment. In this article, I want to share with you just three out of the many ways that we can use our God given talents to increase our productivity.

What's that task or situation that you are faced with? There's a talent in you that you can use to solve it. Wisdom in this regard is simply the correct application of the right talent to the right task. For instance, if you want to be productive in how you convert prospects to clients, you should develop your convincing talent or engage someone who has a talent for convincing (sweet mouth). If customers are complaining about your product quality, you will have to develop your talent for perfectionism or excellence if you have it or you could simply employ the service of someone with that talent. In any area that you want to be more productive at, you should develop a talent that aligns with that.

Oftentimes, when we try to do things with our own strength, or putting in more efforts with the aim of yielding more results, we oftentimes realize that our end results always come short of our expectations and the expectations of our environment. I have discovered that most times I end up not making sense whenever I try to take the job away from my talents. So, what I always do is to let my talent do the job. Which is why I don't write or give counsel until my talent is ready to do its job. But sometimes, I try to initiate the process for my talent to wake up and takeover but if it still doesn't respond, I let it be. Don't take over the job of your talent, let it do its work.

Sometimes in our quest to get things done, we often become impatient and agitated. We just want things to happen at our own time and pace forgetting the fact that we are not the ones doing the job but our talents. So many people have resulted to some things that are dangerous to their health all in their quest to get results. You may not be inspired by your talents, but that doesn't mean that something is wrong with you. During the beginning of this month, I planned to double the rate at which I write in order to be productive, but I discovered that I couldn't meet my target. Despite not meeting my target, I discovered that my articles have improved compared to the previous month all because I allowed my talent to dictate the time and speed. Productivity is not a day's job so, allow your talent to determine the speed. You have used your talents long enough, it's time to allow your talents to use you and at its own time and speed.

Succeed You Must!

© Johnspeak Uwangue

Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by Dollabiz: 8:22am On Sep 25, 2017
Great

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 25, 2017
Talking of allowing talent to use u... I really don't get it?
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by wildchild02: 8:43am On Sep 25, 2017
Good point

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by jobbers: 9:01am On Sep 25, 2017
good
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by Ubongdemaga: 9:07am On Sep 25, 2017
JohnspeakU:

Succeed You Must!

© Johnspeak Uwangue

nice post. I have just like ur page on Facebook. But there's one problem i face in life; that is discovering ur God's given talent. I knw there are people who are specifically gifted in one thing or the other and the see it coming or do a particular thing @ ease but there r people who are generally intelligent but not gifted. How can those people discover their talent? Hope u understand me well? If u don't get me well i can re-frame d question for ur easy understanding thankz.
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 25, 2017
Talk is cheap.
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by Kayceenaz(m): 9:35am On Sep 25, 2017
JohnspeakU:

Succeed You Must!

© Johnspeak Uwangue

More so, one should build his/her professional career around one's talents. Your talents and strengths have to determine the jobs you apply for and accept, for your eventual high productivity and self-fulfillment are directly proportional to the full engagement of your talents.
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by Blessytee(f): 10:33am On Sep 25, 2017
Fp
Re: How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Custom Service Application Forms On Sale For The 2012/13 Intake / Army, Navy,airforce,nia,npf,sss,customs,ndlea Which Has A Better Career Growth? / TEK EXPERTS NIGERIA: Discuss Your Horrible Experience With The Company.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.