Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Ac/battery Issue With My Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ac/battery Issue With My Car (700 Views)

Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line / Update: issue with Autoelectng resolved / How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ac/battery Issue With My Car by guzan: 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2016
Hello house, I drive a 2000 Camry and recently noticed that when I am in serious stand still traffic with AC on ,my battery lights come on,but if I put off the ac the battery light will go off. Also, I realise that my rpm is way below 1,before it was just a little below 1. Then secondly I get a sound that makes it look like the engine is working very hard. In the morning, the battery is dead and can't Start the engine.

Also,if the road is free,the light does not come in at all and battery remains sound.

Please what could be the cause and possible solution .
Re: Ac/battery Issue With My Car by ironheart(m): 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
Check fan belt. Check alternator
Re: Ac/battery Issue With My Car by mayor2013: 9:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
Check charging system comprising of your power source and alternator, also check your drive belt as well. As for your Rpm going so low did ypu recently have your compressor changed or kazeem worked something else for the car?
Re: Ac/battery Issue With My Car by guzan: 6:03pm On Nov 06, 2016
mayor2013:
Check charging system comprising of your power source and alternator, also check your drive belt as well. As for your Rpm going so low did ypu recently have your compressor changed or kazeem worked something else for the car?
no Kazeem did not work on it. The major thing I have noticed is that above 1rpm its good. Below that, the light comes on.
Re: Ac/battery Issue With My Car by mayor2013: 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2016
guzan:
no Kazeem did not work on it. The major thing I have noticed is that above 1rpm its good. Below that, the light comes on.

Check your serpentine belt

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Needs Enlightenment. Please Help / Performs At Rock Concerts / ‘12 Million Nigerian Motorists Carry Fake Insurance Papers’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.