Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,658 members, 7,851,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:52 PM

Blasphemy: Northern CAN Accuses Kano Judge Of Bias - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blasphemy: Northern CAN Accuses Kano Judge Of Bias (655 Views)

Ohanaeze Accuses FG Of Bias In Call For Kanu’s Re-arrest / Wike Hands Over New Federal High Court Complex To Chief Judge Of Federal Court(p / Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blasphemy: Northern CAN Accuses Kano Judge Of Bias by agwom(m): 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in the 19 Northern States and Abuja has expressed worry over the recent judgement on the five suspected killers of Mrs. Bridget Agbahime who was killed in Kano state for alleged blasphemy.

It was recently reported that the trial of five suspected killers of the 74 years old Bridget was brought to an end on Thursday, as a Kano magistrate set free all the accused.

Bridget, an Imo indigene was killed on June 2, 2016, by a mob at Kofar Wambai market over alleged blasphemy in Kano state.

The spokesperson of Northern CAN, Reverend John J. Hayab, told newsmen in Kaduna that the court judgment has further brought set back into the judiciary.

He said such action would further encourage people to take laws into their hands under any guise since evil is seen to be unpunished.

He however stressed that more needed to be done to ensure that the judiciary discharge its duty credibly.

While he called on the Attorney General of the Federation to as a matter of urgency call the Kano State Attorney General to order to ensure that justice is done on the case; he assured that CAN would not relent in spite of the judgement already passed until justice is seen to have been done on the matter.

"It is surprising that after all facts presented against the suspects, the Kano State Attorney General through the Principal State Counsel, Mr. Rabiu Yusuf told the court that, 'We received the case diary from the police on June 8. Having gone through the case diary, the Attorney General of Kano State evaluated the facts in accordance with Section 130 and 150 of the Criminal Procedure Code, presented the legal advice',"

"The legal advice presented to the court dated June 24, states that there is no case to answer as the suspects are all innocent," Hayab lamented while he urged Christians and the general public to remain calm, assuring that all avenues would be explored to ensure justice.

The five suspects freed on Thursday are Musa Abdullahi, Dauda Ahmed, Zubairu Abubakar, Abdulmumeen Mustafa and Abdullahi Abubakar.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/blasphemy-northern-can-accuses-kano-judge-of-bias/170296.html#Zi93Z1ljPbbdejEO.99

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy: Northern CAN Accuses Kano Judge Of Bias by veacea: 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
God is watching
Re: Blasphemy: Northern CAN Accuses Kano Judge Of Bias by omofunaab(m): 6:17pm On Nov 05, 2016
They should ensure the woman gets justice. ..

This northern people and religious intolerance sha
Re: Blasphemy: Northern CAN Accuses Kano Judge Of Bias by sorextee(m): 6:17pm On Nov 05, 2016
Na wa o.. God is watching.. Religion of piss.. Look at how pissful they are even looking sef undecided....

They cant wait to get out and inflict their pissful characteristics on another innocent victim...

Bunch of trouble makers.. That was how yesterday, one sat in front of my office, started washing his legs, to perform Friday prayers.. I queried him, he told me he has been washing his legs at that spot, before my company built a branch there..
I left him, cos theres a big mosque close to my office, before him go tell them say I insulted their prophet.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Blasphemy: Northern CAN Accuses Kano Judge Of Bias by drss2(m): 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
why will northern CAN accept d culprits (who kill a non muslim citizen from anoda state) to be tried in sharia court wia they expecting a fair trial by a sharia court dis pipul ar not serious. n u wonder why extremist ar geting bolder in commiting mass murder against dem cos they know CAN will just sit dia n do nothing sad

3 Likes

Re: Blasphemy: Northern CAN Accuses Kano Judge Of Bias by etebefia: 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
This is most unfortunate, more especially that political leaders from South East are just keeping quiet.
Re: Blasphemy: Northern CAN Accuses Kano Judge Of Bias by Blue3k2: 7:05pm On Nov 05, 2016
CAN should have Expected no less. How can a magistrate judge throw out case. Does a magistrate even have jurisdiction in these kind of cases? Second the case died at court registrar office. They did the killers favor recommending case doesn't go to trial. We need to look into reason and see if anything can be done.

Did the police botch the investigation? Maybe that's why the case didn't go to trial.

Lastly Kano is home for hypocrites and murder enthusiasts. The are quietly accept alcohol VAT snd support murder in name of muhammad. Even as biggest state and second biggest population they barely compete economicly with many small southern states. Education is joke aswell.

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy: Northern CAN Accuses Kano Judge Of Bias by kcnwaigbo: 7:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
I think the kano AG is the one to be blamed in this.There is simply nothing the judge could have done

(1) (Reply)

''Obasanjo And Trump Are Alike, Both Have Insatiable Taste For Women''-ben Bruce / PHOTOS: Aregbesola Distributes Another Set Of Tablet To Osun Students / The DSS And Slain Fulani In Igbo Mass Grave: The Lesson From Yugoslavia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.