Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari (27886 Views)

We Regret Voting Out Jonathan – Northern Leader Cries Out, Begs Buhari To Leave / We Won’t Tell Efcc To Arrest Jonathan – Osinbajo / Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by DONSMITH123(m): 1:32pm On Apr 26, 2016
The Public Relations Officer, 19 Northern States and Abuja of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev. Joseph Hayab, has observed that the popularity of the present administration in the country was rapidly dwindling among Nigerians, advising that any attempt to arrest former President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will not speak well of the country.
In a statement he issued and made available to newsmen in Kaduna Tuesday said, “Every honest Nigerian knows that the fellers on the ground is that this administration’s popularity is dwindling rapidly among Nigerian people. It is, therefore, not advisable to think or plan to arrest former President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

[b]“Let me warn that such a misadventure will set a wrong precedent and only open door for mischief people to set this nation into confusion.

“What Nigerians need urgently is availability of fuel, electricity, prompt salary, security of lives and property, among other issues that are begging for urgent answers.

“If the purported plan to arrest him is to please the international community and prove to them that we are fighting corruption, then let us know that this same international community are busy celebrating him as hero of democracy and even those who seriously wanted him to go for a change to happen are now singing a new song about him.

“Former President, Jonathan is deservedly seen in Nigeria and beyond as a hero of democracy because of his actions before, during and after the 2015 elections.

“As such, it will be an ill advice for the Buhari administration to initiate the arrest of such a statesman at this time and with the current realities.

“Our government must know that there are individuals serving today that are also been accused of corruption but since there are claims that nothing has been established against them, they are walking and speaking like saints.[/b]

“While ignoring all these, Government now wants to arrest a man of peace like Jonathan? CAN Northern States wishes to advice that such an action, if actualized, has the capacity to lead to serious confusion that will affect Nigeria economically and otherwise.

“We believe Former President Jonathan deserves praise and should receive gratitude from those in power today not scorn.

“Let it not be that this purported planned arrest is meant to distract Nigerians from speaking or complaining about the reality of what and how they are feeling since the past eleven months, we are afraid that such an action may spark a chain of reactions.

“If our President wants to arrest anything for now then he should arrest the incessant spate of herdsmen attacks in Nigeria which has led to the deaths of almost a thousand of innocent Nigerians under his watch.

“He should arrest the dangerous slide in the power sector.he should arrest the slide in the economy.

“We believe at this time and with the current realities that our former president most not be denigrate but honour, because honour must be given to whom it is due.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/26/dont-arrest-jonathan-northern-can-warns-buhari/

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by gud4dbest(m): 1:34pm On Apr 26, 2016
That is it;some people are painted to be above the law because they seem to be the patrons,pioneers of democracy or seem to have played some heroic act in democracy. If Jonathan and all the past head of states presidents governors etc seem to av skeletons in their cupboards let them come and explain...and that is Democracy!

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by DONSMITH123(m): 1:35pm On Apr 26, 2016
for bello

gud4dbest:
B
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by OsusuMustFlow(f): 1:37pm On Apr 26, 2016
Food don come for some set of people. But to me o, if Jona is guilty, he should be invited. Simple.

Quote me and i will use Osusu for you. grin grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by temitemi1(m): 1:37pm On Apr 26, 2016
touch my HERO N die!

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by OsusuMustFlow(f): 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2016
hian lipsrsealed

temitemi1:
touch my HERO N die!

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by johnPollock(m): 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2016
A day comes u look shout out to ur friends u look up to and the all dessert u.....
Jona u will never walk alone...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by iflywithbuhari(f): 1:41pm On Apr 26, 2016
There is no need for any advice or warnings. Let Buhari try it, and he will see what his mouth will not be able to talk

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by johnPollock(m): 1:41pm On Apr 26, 2016
A day comes u look shout out to ur friends u look up to and the will all dessert u.....
Jona u will never walk alone...

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by DONSMITH123(m): 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2016
a simple question Ma. " Is Jonathan above the law"?

iflywithbuhari:
There is no need for any advice or warnings. Let Buhari try it, and he will see what his mouth will not be able to talk

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by DONSMITH123(m): 1:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
My Brother, Asari Dokubo said more than that. I remembered him on AIT one day making hell of noise that Naija will boil if Jonathan fail to win. Where is Asari today. the so-called Tompollo could not even come out to celebrate his birthday. My guy, nothing will happen jare.

temitemi1:
touch my HERO N die!

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by gud4dbest(m): 1:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
DONSMITH123:
for bello
u can say that again...hian!
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by stephnie1(f): 1:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
mtchew

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by SweetLove0(f): 1:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
ok na
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2016
Who says? Please do the needful EFCC..the pain and agony caused by Jonathan is unbearable and unacceptable embarassed

12 Likes

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2016
Arrest Jonathan over what? I'm tired of APC media trials...

If you have any evidence please tender it in court and stop diverting from the fake promises you deceived your zombies with...

GEJ We miss you Sir

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by DONSMITH123(m): 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
Can you please read again? This time, slowly. Thank you sir.

SamuelAnyawu:
Arrest Jonathan over what? I'm tired of APC media trials...

If you have any evidence please tender it in court and stop diverting from the fake promises you deceived your zombies with...

GEJ We miss you Sir

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Flexherbal(m): 2:12pm On Apr 26, 2016
The law should apply to both the poor and the rich.
The law should be followed in everything, no matter who you are.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by 989900B: 8:01pm On Apr 26, 2016
International community.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 8:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
Or else?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by IPOB123london: 8:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
eya

Abacha is not kwoorupt!

who should arrest eachother

useless country

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Amanwulu1(m): 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
Buhari may b a dullard but I don't wnt to believe he's also insane. He's neva had any plan to arrest gej. He uses gej to psyche his zombie followers.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
grin cheesy
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by tzoracle: 8:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
Keneking:
Who says? Please do the needful EFCC..the pain and agony caused by Jonathan is unbearable and unacceptable embarassed

Mumu

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by searay(m): 8:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
Arrest him and kill him
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by dunkem21(m): 8:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Afama: 8:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
Forgive him his sins my ass.. . Arrest him if he is guilty biko

8 Likes

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by cold(m): 8:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
It is not even remotely possible

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by IamBravo: 8:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
Oya, start giving ultimatum!
Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by Abumadea: 8:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
This CAN is becoming something else.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari by nerdymufasa(m): 8:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
To be forewarned is to be fore-harmed, & those quick to call d names of ex-militants, b careful & let sleeping dogs lie...

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Middle Belt Presents David Mark For President / APC Women And Youth Presidential Campaign In PH Stadium Rivers State. Video / IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.