Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price (1729 Views)

Plague - A Story By Kachi Ugo (kindle Bestselling Author) / Don’t Say Jesus (18+) - Akinwale Poshkid Akinyoade / To The Stars - Kachi Ugo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by mekuslogan: 2:31am On Oct 30, 2009
By Aderinsola Ajao | 234next.com | October 29, 2009 02:27PMT

Nigeria's Kachi Ozumba has been named as the winner of the Africa regional prize of the 2009 Commonwealth short story competition.

His story, The one-armed thief, was adjudged as the best from the region in the yearly competition. Three other Nigerians were named in the ‘Highly Commended' category.

They are Ayobami Adebayo for his story ‘Dreams', Akinwumi Akinwale for LIFO and Mbofung Carlang for ‘The Father's blessings'.

The overall prize was won by Jennifer Moore from the United Kindom. The Commonwealth Broadcasting Association, the organiser of the competition describes her winning story Table Talk as "a witty and poignant conversation about life and death."

Moore's winning story was the best story from the Canada and Europe region before winning the overall prize.

Winners were chosen from about 4000 entries sent in from all Commonwealth countries.

Since its establishment in 1996, the Commonwealth Short Story competition is open to writers from Commonwealth member- countries and continues to promote new voices in creative writing.
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by mekuslogan: 2:32am On Oct 30, 2009
Na so we dey beat them for everthing. They are only quantity while we are both quantity and quality. grin grin
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by AloyEmeka6: 2:55am On Oct 30, 2009
Must you tribalize everything here? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by mekuslogan: 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2009
Everything in Nigeria is already tribalized by the Hausa and Yoruba
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by Epiphany(m): 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2009
Then the future of 'Nigeria' is shaky if everything it tribalized.
No be curse, na fact
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by sjeezy8: 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2009
Thats not the problem in Naija to be honest
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by JProspero: 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2009
Brothers and sisters, I beg you in God's name to ignore this poster and his post. You can praise the winner and ignore the people who fan the embers of disunity and create enemies on every issue. Nigerians are too wise to be deceived with such posts. Thanks.
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by citizenY(m): 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2009
@MEKUSLOGAN

What have you, as a person, achieved ?

DO YOU REALISE THAT YOU ARE FIRST OF ALL A HUMAN BEING BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE?

If you have achieved everything under the sun, I wish you to remind you of the greatest one

and you forgot to tell us-- a NONENTITY
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by naijaking1: 5:13pm On Oct 30, 2009
mekuslogan:

Everything in Nigeria is already tribalized by the Hausa and Yoruba

Bitter truth embarassed
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by mekuslogan: 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2009
Igbos have decided to join the train of tribalism revved up by the thieving Yoruba, hausa and fulani. The end has come.
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 30, 2009
Stupid boy,,
bringing tribalism into every issue,,if thats what you want let me ask you,,
go and make your research and see how yorubas have fair well educationally in nigeria,,,education is our legacy
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2009
Yorubas are tribalists yet you are most welcomed in Yoruba land? More than 80% of your businesses are in Yoruba land? I mean common!!!! When will you stop this shit? When will Igbos stop this shit? The other day in New York an Igbo guy attempting to make me look totally bad in front of my Afro American friends said my tribe sold his tribe to slavery as soon as he heard my Yoruba name. He kept pretending like he can't call it when even Afro Americans call it without problem (Ranti) It took me more than a month to get my friends back cause they taught they were Igbos and my ancestors sold their ancestors (Load of crap). When will you guys stop this shit? If everything in Nigeria is tribalized, don't you think you won't be on a Yoruba boy's created forum to blast Yorubas? Don't you think you shouldn't live in Lagos and other Yoruba lands? Don't you think Yorubas shouldn't live in Port Harcourt? Idiota
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by naijaking1: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2009
All Yorubas, Hausas, or Igbos are not tribalists, but to deny the abscence of tribalism in NIgeria is like denying that the sun doesn't rise from the east.
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by sjeezy8: 6:46pm On Oct 30, 2009
The fact of the matter is most people who scream tribalism are most of the time sore losers.

to be honest all this rubbish didnt even dawn on me until i came on NL. I have igbo fam biafran veterans but they dont talk shit about any biafra or yorubas dis n dat. They mind their business and make millions in Nigeria.
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Stupid boy,,
bringing tribalism into every issue,,if thats what you want let me ask you,,
go and make your research and see how yorubas have fair well educationally in nigeria,,,education is our legacy

Were did u get your data from? just being curious cos the bolded smacks of ignorance or r u new on nairaland?
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by mekuslogan: 7:00pm On Oct 30, 2009
Yoruba education ends in touting. All quantity no quality. We beat them all the time in everything.
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 30, 2009
And igbo education ends in alaba market,onitsha underbridge,,bunch of idiots
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by mekuslogan: 8:42pm On Oct 30, 2009
An Igbo trader is smarter than those your certificate-forging professors. 20 Lecturers were sacked from Ago Iwoye recently for fake certificates. So all the students they have taught over the years are also fake. Buncha fake oluwole idiots.
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by AfroCynic: 8:48pm On Oct 30, 2009
Whatever, whoever! All I know is that Africa is a small pool for Naija's talents. We need to be competing on a global scale. I do not care if the person who wins is Hausa or Calabari, so long that Green and White flies,
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by naijaking1: 9:43pm On Oct 30, 2009
AfroCynic:

Whatever, whoever! All I know is that Africa is a small pool for Naija's talents. We need to be competing on a global scale. I do not care if the person who wins is Hausa or Calabari, so long that Green and White flies,

Thank you. I agree 100%
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by babapupa: 9:52pm On Oct 30, 2009
Congrats to Kachi Ozumba for his commendable achievement.
Re: Kachi Ozumba Beats Ayobami Adebayo And Akinwumi Akinwale To Commonwealth Price by semid4lyfe(m): 8:28am On Oct 31, 2009
This Mekuslogan guy keeps on making a fool of himself all over Nairaland.

(1) (Reply)

The Little Mistake My 16 Year Old Sister Inlaw Made Me Do / Kisses 'n' Roses Moved To Kiss, Piss And Tell / On Nairaland Writers And Their Clients: A Wake Up Call.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.