Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,737 members, 7,955,805 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:34 PM

BREAKING: 'apologise For What?' Yaya Toure's Agent Dares Pep Guardiola - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BREAKING: 'apologise For What?' Yaya Toure's Agent Dares Pep Guardiola (540 Views)

Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity / Yaya Toure Joins Qingdao Huanghai, Chinese Club / Okocha Dares Kanu Nwankwo In Ball Juggling, Guess Who Won? (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: 'apologise For What?' Yaya Toure's Agent Dares Pep Guardiola by mymadam(m): 11:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
In a telephone interview, Dimitri Seluk, the agent of Yaya Toure, has told talkSPORT he will NOT be apologising to Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola - despite his client doing so.

Toure has been sidelined by City since Seluk publicly criticised Guardiola over his treatment of the midfielder in September.

Guardiola has since said he will not pick the Ivorian again until he receives an apology from his long-time representative.

Toure took steps to end his exile on Friday morning by releasing a statement on his Facebook page.

The 33-year-old wrote: "I wish to apologise - on behalf of myself and those who represent me - to the management team and all those working at the club for the misunderstandings from the past."

Seluk joined the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast shortly after the statement was released.

And the outspoken Ukrainian said that, while he was eager to make peace with Guardiola, he was not prepared to follow his client's lead and say sorry for his comments.

Seluk, who accused the City manager of 'humiliating' Toure by leaving him out of his Champions League squad, insisted: "I'm not apologising.

"We want peace, but I'm not apologising. Apologise for what?

"Maybe Toure has apologised for this, but I don't know for what.

"I think Yaya don't mean this. He wants peace between him Guardiola."

Seluk says it is now up to Guardiola to decide whether to welcome Toure back in from the cold.

But he insists the former Barcelona star, who has won two Premier League titles, the FA Cup and two League Cups during his time at City, still has much to offer.

"A lot of supporters want to see Yaya on the field and Yaya wants to help Manchester City get good results," he said.

"A player like Yaya, one of the top players in the world who has a very big salary, normally does not stay out of the team. He must play.

"We want to make peace between Guardiola, Yaya and ...

http://www.footballgists.com/p/apologise-for-what-yaya-toures-agent.html
Re: BREAKING: 'apologise For What?' Yaya Toure's Agent Dares Pep Guardiola by dom(m): 12:55am On Nov 06, 2016
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Book Your Ticket For Nigeria Vs Algeria / Mikel In Marseille Talks But Still Wants Chelsea Deal / Copa Del Rey: Zidane’s Son Scores On Debut In Real Cup Rout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.