Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity (15458 Views)

“Talk Is Cheap” – Oshoala Backs Super Eagles To Disappoint Yaya Toure, On AFCON / Yaya Toure Has Retired From Football - Agent / Yaya Toure Leaves Olympiacos After Three Months! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by ogbiwa: 11:54am On Dec 20, 2019
Racism in football is getting worse because "fans are more stupid than before", according to former Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure.

Several incidents throughout Europe have been reported in recent months, with many high-profile cases occurring in Italy's Serie A.

"I've had a chat with Fifa because this is something very important," said the former Ivory Coast international.

"It will be difficult because the way to win this case is going to be long."

He added: "Fans, people, now are more stupid than before."

Last month, striker Mario Balotelli, Toure's former City team-mate, called fans who shouted racist abuse at him during a match between Brescia and Verona "small-minded" and "imbeciles".

Cagliari fans made monkey noises towards Inter Milan's Romelu Lukaku earlier in the season, and recently Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport was criticised for the headline 'Black Friday' alongside images of Roma defender Chris Smalling and Lukaku.

There have also been incidents of racism in British top-flight football, with a man arrested after this month's Manchester derby for allegedly making a racist gesture.

Toure added: "Of course it is shocking because we are in 2019. In 2020, 2025 we have the kids coming through - what are we going to do? You can't continue like that."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50860112

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by logon599: 11:55am On Dec 20, 2019
No mincing of words there.

Get your beautiful and professional architectural building designs at very affordable costs and from any location. Chat or call 0 8 1 6 1 2 4 7 8 9 8 or visit any of the links in my signature below to see more. Thank you

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by Yustash001(m): 11:58am On Dec 20, 2019
True talk!!!

15 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 20, 2019

7 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by nairalee(m): 2:26pm On Dec 20, 2019
The players also have a BIG role to play. If ALL foreign players decide to stage a protest or boycott there's no way the FA will not take sterner actions.

United our voices will be stronger and louder

6 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by eleojo23: 2:26pm On Dec 20, 2019
Increase in stupidity thanks to the internet.
This is quite ironic considering the fact that the internet is supposed to make people more exposed and knowledgeable.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 20, 2019
sad
Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by 1kworks: 2:26pm On Dec 20, 2019
f
Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by oyeb15: 2:27pm On Dec 20, 2019
Yes. Black stupidity .Look at the black world, it's so full of stupidity.
Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by OkCornel(m): 2:27pm On Dec 20, 2019
Lol,

Patiently waiting for hardened tribalists to condemn racism on this thread.

That would be a remarkable display of double standards cheesy

We can further take up Toure’s position to mean...

“Tribalism on Nairaland and by extension Nigeria is due to increase in stupidity”

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by spafu(m): 2:27pm On Dec 20, 2019
Racism has to stop
Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by GEOANDSONS: 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2019
grin grin

Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by chawtinz(m): 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2019
yaya toure stupidity is universal... some people stupidity make person commit suicide
Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:30pm On Dec 20, 2019
(Please read well before replying; it is worth it I promise. people weré tagging me for no reason)

Including stupidity of African leaders
Once upon a time Asians were hated more than Africans in USA and Europe in fact USA ban them from entrying USA while Africans were never out rightly ban from entrying or working in USA.
They where seen as dog eating, slum dwelling never do wells even the Japanese used to look down on the Chinese. The Arabs before oil and development in Arabia were seen as thieves hoodlums people to avoid. Every movie depicted them as thieves or con men today the media shows them as rich people even though they do worse things than they used to do when they were poor. (Killing journalists, enslaving Africans and Asian maids and labourers and working them to death, choping off people's limbs and heads, rape, sexual assault etc).

But gentlemen Today no country discriminates agaisnt Arabs and Asians Why? Because China, Japan, South Korea, UAE, Oman, Singapore etc are developed and advancing very fast. Whereas in Africa we are under developing or not moving at all.
So now we Africans/blacks bear all the hate alone if African countries develop The world can no longer tell Africans or blacks abroad "go back to your country" "jungle monkeys" and all that because they will know we have money and development equal to or even more than them.

Edit: Foolish people are quoting me; pay attention; I'm not excusing racism I'm looking at it thoroughly critically, white USA citizens felt these people that live like wild animal in Africa want to come to our country and live lavida off our sweat hard work and ingeniuty so they destroyed things blacks made in USA. Not only blacks faced this.

Now my position is this:

Had that Black wall Street beeb built in Nigeria USA citizens wouldn't have flown private jets over Nigeria to destroy the "Black wall street" anything "Black owned" outside Africa is a *Farce* as far as you are paying tax to whites or Asians outside of Africa the government can always take it or destroy it what do you expect.

Now with that said why i blame African leasers is this:- if Nigeria ever becomes like USA, China or Russia in world influence and development Racism will drop drastically Nigerians will no longer be denied entry at the same rate we are denied today even us Africans will prefer whites in our country than Fellow Africans because we know they probably have more cash and come from a more comfortable country than ours. example do you know that more Chinese people enter USA and Europe than Nigerians? But why are they not given half the hard time we get? Because their government is strong and influential and their country is developed/developing, They assume the Chinese man has no reason to run away from China whereas the Nigerian has every reason to do so, look at USA forcing African nations to accept gay marriage whereas Russia and China haven't legalised gay marriage oh in fact in China religion is facing oppression, churches and mosques have been demolished by government they are less churches and mosques today in China than there was in 1960's when China was very poor poorer than Nigeria financially, also remember there is no political opposition even in Russia, Putin is a dictator, Xi of China will remain in office for many more years he operates a one party state and has silenced all opposition just like Putin remember the spy killed in Britain and the Russian presidential aspirant that died suspiciously just days to the russian election? All these happened but no E.U or westen nation disturbs them or went to "Observe" their election, but we they see us as undeveloped children and that is the same eye they use to look at blacks globally. So they feed us they observe or baby sit us beat us up and correct us and teach us etc

Another point to remember is The black man was not the only slave but he is still looked down upon because blacks have no reasonable developed free African country to go to, Chinese were indentured workers, Slavs of Europe were slaves that's why they are called Slavs, the English people enslaved the Irish people, the Arabs enslaved and ruled over the Portuguese but today it is almost as if no-one remembers all that they have all moved on. It is easier to forgive and forget when both parties are now rich.

If Nigeria becomes powerful respect will rub off on black people globally and black people will know they have a save haven they can travel to and experience European or American standard of living without racial discrimination then the story will change America will not want all that Afro American money going out of America to Nigeria so they'll treat blacks better but now they know that Black's can not dare enter Nigeria and they have no alternative.

I am not saying 100% no more racism but when you walk up to a racist he won't have any excuse or reason at all to justify his racism today they will tell you Africans live in houses made of mud the same type of houses animals like moles, badgers, ferrets even birds can build those reasons are because of mismanagement of our wealth by our leaders thats why we rank poorly in everything not because we are any less human.

Short story
There was the *Chinese exclusion Act of 1882* in America that meant all Asians were ban from entering usa altogether they were called "Yellow peril" one political partys slogan was "The Chinese must go " Asians outside were not allowed in, while those already in couldn't get Citizenship no matter what they did even if you were born in USA as long as you are Asian no citizenship for you. So what changed between 1882 - year of the Chinese exclusion act till 1970's? When outright racism and discrimination against Asians dropped.
simple the largest Asian Nation became industrialised
Mao Zedong and his Communist party had become successful Asians were going back to China and standard of living improved and Whites started seeing made in China things in their houses and offices the people they called dumb yellow peril (yes Asians esp Chinese were considered dumb back then because they only did manual labour building rails, mining etc no brain or paper work) you cant call them dumb when 80% of the things in your house was made by them can you? (So today asians are smart genuises according to the world, which is not true they are not geniuses it is only because the best Asian students go abroad to study for university level especially because China now has the most millionaires of any nation on earth they can afford the best schools in all countries and those are the schools people take stats from nobody asks lasu/lautech to send performance of students based on race or nationality nobody cares about Lasu or Nigeria) so why were the Chinese descriminated against at first? Simple, in the 1950's around 40million Chinese died of hunger and famine and poverty just like the images you see of Africa today before the 1950''s it was the same story But around 80''s and 90's Asian cinema started changing the narrative China was growing, movies were selling, Martial arts became popular, by the 2000''s and 2010 all those travel ban was removed world wide the racism reduced. It's not 0 but you can't compare it to what Black's face

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by Rootprof(m): 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2019
Football is not that interesting like before again. Too many manipulation and players now focus now of making money. Top 4 matches are not that fun like before,a good example is this past el classico ( boring ).

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by chigoziri2403(m): 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2019
If I earn million of dollars monthly,
I would not mind being called a monkey
You can add chimpanzene to it sef
If they call you black monkey
Call them white monkey
After all we all evolved from apes

6 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by Rootprof(m): 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2019
Football is not that interesting like before again. Too many manipulation and players now focus more on making money. Top 4 matches are not that fun like before,a good example is this past el classico ( boring ).

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by Starboytwo(m): 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2019
NaijaBoy213:
Someone Shud pls help me with 3k lemme use and give my to kid sister for her Xmas hair pls. Things just hard me dis festive period I no go lie. Pls don't laugh at me. My Details is in my signature below abeg. God bless
not cool niga

On the other side, I don't know why there's always so much noise on "black monkey" ish and rascism in general. If I was a player in Seria A and a fan call me a monkey, I will ask him to go collect all the money he wasted on getting education, if he cannot correctly identify a monkey...

You call me monkey, and I no be monkey, and you still insist say I be monkey, ehn, na your own be that na, I no need suppose to dey vex or even acknowledge you talk less of reply...

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by Jas1000: 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2019
NaijaBoy213:
Someone Shud pls help me with 3k lemme use and give my to kid sister for her Xmas hair pls. Things just hard me dis festive period I no go lie. Pls don't laugh at me. My Details is in my signature below abeg. God bless
U Shud be ashamed of ur self, who said xmas clothes are a must even for kids talk more of hair. Sumtin dat was wrongly embedded in us by our society like say if we no wear new clothes nah crime. 3k sef for dat small girl head, betta find head-tie abi nah head-gear for her make she appear descent ohh

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by Ladycoolbreeze(f): 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by Olayinka8793(m): 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2019
n
Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by fredoooooo: 2:34pm On Dec 20, 2019
Tribalism and religion fanatics is due to what then angry
Re: Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity by OmoDavido(m): 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2019
Fixed7890:
see below

Scammer.!!!

May all your family members get scammed just the way you are trying to scam other people!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jarus FC Vs Social Media Fc (4 - 3) On 27th April 2024 / Vincent Enyeama Will Be Lille's First-choice Keeper For 2013/2014 Season / Naija Social Media Football Competition: Team Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.