Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

How To Edit Your Writing Before Posting On Nairaland Or Publishing As A Book - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Edit Your Writing Before Posting On Nairaland Or Publishing As A Book (787 Views)

Ebook Cover Design And Publishing As Cheap As Free / Read A Book Today!!! / 10 Embarrassingly Non-existing Phrases That Are Hurting Your Writing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Edit Your Writing Before Posting On Nairaland Or Publishing As A Book by AlphikkaTech: 5:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
Editing your write-up can be a daunting challenge for every writer, whether you are a novelist or non-fiction writer, simply because it requires an objective mindset and a detached approach to criticism.

It's best to pay a professional editor to edit your work especially when it is to be published as a book. But when the cash isn't available or you are writing for Nairalanders, then the best alternative is to use a free editing software.

From our analysis, the best editing software for writers is the ProWritingAid software. You can use the software for free at www.prowritingaid.com

1 Like

Re: How To Edit Your Writing Before Posting On Nairaland Or Publishing As A Book by AlphikkaTech: 3:05pm On Nov 09, 2016
Or you can simply send your work to us for free editing within 24 hours starting now..............
Re: How To Edit Your Writing Before Posting On Nairaland Or Publishing As A Book by Writeditor: 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
An "editing" software is not an alternative to professional editing at all. The good ones will not spot up to 40% of basic grammatical errors. Never mind complex errors. Their real pitfall for someone who's average or below average in the language is that they make a lot of wrong suggestions which the writer might adopt in error. They are a bonus if you know what you are doing, but they do not replace an editor. Serious writers should always hire a professional editor.
Re: How To Edit Your Writing Before Posting On Nairaland Or Publishing As A Book by AlphikkaTech: 6:08am On Nov 10, 2016
Writeditor:
An "editing" software is not an alternative to professional editing at all. The good ones will not spot up to 40% of basic grammatical errors. Never mind complex errors. Their real pitfall for someone who's average or below average in the language is that they make a lot of wrong suggestions which the writer might adopt in error. They are a bonus if you know what you are doing, but they do not replace an editor. Serious writers should always hire a professional editor.
I agree with you that they are not 100% efficient but the good ones like the one above can be up to 70% efficient. We have seen it time and time again as it transforms poorly written works into glowing professional write-ups.
Re: How To Edit Your Writing Before Posting On Nairaland Or Publishing As A Book by Writeditor: 10:21am On Nov 10, 2016
AlphikkaTech:
I agree with you that they are not 100% efficient but the good ones like the one above can be up to 70% efficient. We have seen it time and time again transform poorly written works into glowing profession write-ups.
I'm sorry, but you need to go easy on the hyperbole. No grammar checker anywhere can do that. Note that the more errors a grammar checker spots the more wrong suggestions it tends to make, which creates a problem for a non-professional. I have used a few of the best ones and I know. I actually tried to register for this one yesterday to try it out but it seems they won't let me even try it out unless I pay money first.
Re: How To Edit Your Writing Before Posting On Nairaland Or Publishing As A Book by AlphikkaTech: 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2016
AlphikkaTech:
I agree with you that they are not 100% efficient but the good ones like the one above can be up to 70% efficient. We have seen it time and time again as it transforms poorly written works into glowing professional write-ups.
Re: How To Edit Your Writing Before Posting On Nairaland Or Publishing As A Book by coolhappy: 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2022
Kindly get in touch with Maestro Concepts based in Lagos, Nigeria for a professional touch on your story books, Novels among others.
We also design beautiful back covers that fits your your story.
Let us edit your next story/Book at a very cheap rate.
Let us arrange in book format so all you need is just to go and print.
Contact us through coolhappy.friendz@gmail.com, 08059452845.
We do the underlisted
Book editing
Proof reading
Ghost writing
Project Research
Reviews
Graphics work
Back cover designs among others.
We work remotely based on your specification so dont worry about logistics.

(1) (Reply)

Shady - Life Of An Orphan / Frank Peretti Or Ted Dekker / The Book, "homeland Melodies And Other Poems"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.