Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Shady - Life Of An Orphan - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shady - Life Of An Orphan (787 Views)

Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) / Life Of A Shy Guy / My First Story(Life of an Orphan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shady - Life Of An Orphan by rokisammy: 6:44pm On Feb 06, 2018
[b][/b] Chapter One

Alex Williams! ... the hall burst into excitement and uproar, but to him it was the usual he has been winning the "Most Innovative Student" award since his second year of joining the school becoming the first junior student to win the award in the school's history and now for fourth time straight he has won it...
he smiled as he walked up to the podium to shake hands with his principal Mr Lawal, he looked into the audience he could see his classmates Tade, Helen, Peter and teachers clapping their hands and of course there was Maxwell frowning and making hate faces at him but it wouldn't bother him Maxwell has always been eyeing the prestigious awards as it looks more important than the best student award, Alex has won the award again because he created something special it was an app, an app that controls a students activities like an alarm to wake you up, a reminder that shows when its time for class, the teachers loved it and they're proud of him

But Alex wasn't feeling too happy the pains of being an orphan came to his mind the moment his eyes came in contact with the seats in front of the hall, other student's parents were present his are nowhere to be found, as he thought about it tears rolled down his cheeks people thought he shedding tears of joy,
shakily he held the mic and said " I'm grateful to God and my teachers for this award" he said and he gave the mic back to the principal, he returned to his seat Tade knew something was wrong but he just did not know what yet.

immediately after the ceremony was ended Alex left the hall and went to the school garden, he was in great emotional pain, he looked at the school park parents were leaving with their children everywhere looked lively, he said "if only these fuckers hadn't died so soon... if only they had waited a..." "waited what?!" Tade interrupted, alongside Helen they were his best friends, they understand him, "I asked a question" he said, Alex couldn't reply, Tade went on "Common shady, you're stronger than this, I'm sure it wasn't your folks wish to leave you like this man, common be strong" Tade has started addressing Alex as "Shady" ever since Alex hacked into the school database to change their teacher's bad remarks about Tade in his report card and he ended up causing some troubles for the school's data when the principal came to apologize to the student he said " I'm so sorry we'll have to delay the vacation date 'cause something shady happened to our systems..." Helen has always asked what does the name means but it was Tade and Alex's little secret, she finally spoke after staring at Alex, he was tall,fair complexion,athletic but what she liked about him the most was his pink lips and of course his brain, "Alex look around you everyone here wish they were like you that's something you have to be proud though your parents might not be here to celebrate but I'm sure they're proud too wherever they're"

Alex smiled, anytime Helen spoke to him he was always fascinated, she always found the right words to sooth his pains. Just immediately Tade's phone rang he looked at the number it was Alex's guardian number he was surprised to see the call and curious at the same time so he picked

"Hello?"

the voice replied "Hello, is this Tade?"

"Yes, who's speaking"

Tade though wasn't as brilliant as Alex but he had a retentive memory of course the type that doesn't remember lessons after but the name of girls, their voices, looks and the rest, he was quick to know this wasn't Alex's guardian voice

"an accident occurred to the owners of this phone and he instructed us to call this number"

Tade was shocked an accident to Mr Williams? he knew the exact reason why Mr Williams asked the caller to call him he knew the kind of person Alex was, he is quick to panicking and taking drastic actions, he asked "where are you calling me from" "St Stephen Memorial" the caller replied "I'll be there soon" he said and hung up.

he turned to Alex, and said "Mr Williams was involved in an accident... he's in an hospital"

Alex's face turned sour, His worst fears were materializing slowly
Re: Shady - Life Of An Orphan by rokisammy: 6:46pm On Feb 06, 2018
did you find chapter one interesting
let me know
Re: Shady - Life Of An Orphan by OlufemiWhit(m): 8:55am On Feb 07, 2018
Guy kan Contiue dis story joor....... so if I s it's not interesting you'll stop abi......smh
Re: Shady - Life Of An Orphan by rokisammy: 2:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
Chapter Two

His heart was beating five times faster and harder, Mr and Mrs Williams were both in the car when the accident occurred, Mr William's injury weren't as severe as his wife's, she bashed her head and had fractures all around her waist and legs, Doctors were pacing the corridor of the hospital none replied Alex's questions and for the first time in his entire life he felt guilty though he knew nothing about the accident but he still felt guilty, he had argued with Mr Williams before leaving home he had asked him the same question he's been asking him since he was a child

"What happened to my parents?"

"how did they die?"

all his question's answers came with no good replies as Mr Williams kept saying

"Calm down Alex, we'll tell you when the time is right"

"right time? When is the right I'm freaking 17 for God's sake!... I deserve to know my parents"

he barked, as he turned to leave to school for the award ceremony Mr Williams touched on the shoulder and he shouted at him for the first in his life

"Get your hands off me man!"

he saw the look on Mr Williams face he was totally disappointed, he wasn't expecting Alex to bark out loud at him but Mr Williams knew what was wrong and it was normal for it to happen, he had to tell the boy but not now he had promised his parents to keep it secret till he was at least 21 year old but the kid wasn't ready he could not break a promise especially one made to Elvis he couldn't bear the thought of betraying him twice....

it happened 15 years ago, Alex was 2, and his father Elvis Johnson was the head of the President Special Security (PSS) and he, Williams was the assistant, he could remember what Elvis looked like he was tall, fair complexion, he had muscles that looked like they belonged to Samson that tore a lion apart, he was smart also Elvis was very smart that was why he was made the head, everything was running well, the President was properly secured though he was a military man and had people who could protect him, he still preferred the PSS, they were strong and had advance combat training, special weapons, and they were strong tech-wise that was the main reason he liked them, Elvis had studied computer science in the UK he was brilliant as he graduated as the 2nd best student after much persuading he agreed to come secure the president though he saw no reason why the president needed protection, maybe he's scared of a coup d'etat since that was the only way he could be impeached.

Then one night his sleep was disturbed by a loud bang on his door he was shocked who could it be? he stood went to his drawer and pull out a Thomas, the gun was quite handy, he asked in a loud but terrifying voice

"who is it?!"

the voice replied

"Will, its me, it's Elvis open up!"

"Elvis?"

why was Elvis here he could have just waited till the next day, he opened his door only to find Elvis holding his left leg grunting

"What happened El?"

"It's... it's the president" he stammered

"What about him is he under attack?"

Elvis was always shocked about how Williams thinks ... how can The Aso Rock be under attack he thought

"no... he trying to kill me" he said

"why?"

"I uncovered a large amount of money he was trying to syphon out of the country under the pretense of buying arms for the army, I block the transfer and transferred the money to your secret account"

"You did what?!"

"Sshh... Will Listen I don't have much time they're going to come for me and you, I need you to lie, that you don't know about it, deny me in every possible way, take this necklace there's a memory card in it, give it to Alex only when he's 18"

"Common you'll be the one to give it to him don't talk like this Ell"

he heard a loud bang on his door again, this time it sounded more violent, he dragged Elvis to his kitchen store and thew his towel on the ground to cover Elvis blood

"I'm coming" he bellowed

Just as he opened up he saw 2 men at his door and there was another one at the gate, they wore masks that revealed only their noses, eyes and mouth,

"where is he?!" the first one asked

"Where is who?"

"Oga we no come play for here, where Elvis dey?"

"I don't know, I left him at work earlier today"

"No worry when we search and we see am for here ehn, your own don finish be dat"

the both of them brushed past him with force, they searched everywhere there no sign of Elvis, they were about to leave when the third man entered and said

"Una don check him toilet?"
"No"

"Bathroom nko? kitchen nko? wardrobe nko?

" No" they chorused

"una no get sense sha!"

"Oya you go toilet, you go bathroom"

he went to the kitchen directly, as if he was residing in the house, he came back dragging Elvis with his right hand, he wasn't breathing again, Elvis is dead, he thought aloud, the third man looked at him sternly, now he has taken off his mask, William could see his face, his lips were big and thick like they have been doing the smoking for Bob Marley, he had a long thick scar across his face, the way river Niger cuts across the map of Nigeria, he had tribal marks like a cat's whiskers, William was sure he was northerner

"Sheybi you talk say him no dey here!" he shouted

"I swear to The Almighty I no know how him take enter"

"ohh... so him dissaafere enta here"

Williams was shivering, he looked at Elvis, he wasn't moving, certainly he was dead

"No be you I dey follow talk?!"

"Abeg, I no know how him take enta" he pleaded
the man smiled and said

"no worry manna, you go soon know"

William knew he was doomed that moment, the man brought out his pistol and pointed it Williams

"oya move!"

he was reluctant at first but after two slaps from behind by the other men he was almost jogging, they got outside his gate he was thrown in the back seat of the vehicle

"Oya drive go base"

at the mention of base William's heart was pumping so fast he felt it could burst out

After almost thirty minutes of driving they arrived their destination, Williams was sure he was still in the capital he just didn't know what part of it he was...

"Oga Abeg!" he was almost shouting hoping someone would come to his aid annoyed by his attitude the third man hit him with the base of his gout
Re: Shady - Life Of An Orphan by OlufemiWhit(m): 3:15pm On Feb 08, 2018
Am still reading

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Caught In His Own Trap / What Can Be Done About Being Nigerian? / The Book, "homeland Melodies And Other Poems"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.