Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

HOW TO BUY A HYBRID CAR - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HOW TO BUY A HYBRID CAR (726 Views)

Toyota To Share Its Patented Hybrid Car Tech With Other Automakers / Now, You've Gotten A Hybrid Car. What Next? / You Too Can Identify A Hybrid Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HOW TO BUY A HYBRID CAR by TRYGO(m): 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2016
Hi guys. I do hope my previous two articles on CAR PURCHASES, and IDENTIFYING hybrid cars, did help?
Well, by the way. I'm optimistic all of these information, would present some "tangible" benefits to now, or in the future. I know its not easy. But I think it's for your benefit.

GOING FOR A HYBRID?
What do you consider, when you've made up your mind(s), to purchase a hybrid car.
Do your MATH. If you've got the money for a hybrid car, consider the following Info when you get to the car stand/dealer:

∆have you already located a hybrid expert close to your locality? If you've not done that, you better do.

∆get there in the MORNING. Not afternoon please.

∆open the bonnet, and xray the engine, and the hybrid systems (inverter/converter assembly, electric compressor, water pump, inverter electric pump, etc. No signs of repairs, you know you're cool there. Pleas also check the engine oil dipstick. If urs extremely filled with sludges, you know that engine has got lots if poor maintenance regime.

∆get inside the car, and put on the ignition, and observe for the READY light on the dashboard. With the ready light on, it means the vehicle is already in operation.
NB: Please, do not stay at the front of the car, when the READY light is ON.
For safety reasons, stay by the SIDE. This is because, the car could be driven suddenly, without you realising.

∆operate all the accessories (Ac system, navigation system, if it has)

∆ask to go for a test drive. Let your eyes be on the energy monitor. The energy monitor is like the navigation system, that shows you how the battery is being charged and discharged.
Let your eyes and eyes be OPENED for malfunction indicator lights on the dashboard.
****if while driving and you notice CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM on the dashboard, you've to be careful.
Request that you'll want the car SCANNED, before making any commitment.
Dome of those TERRIBLE lights, may not appear on some of the cars. Such lights may have being tempered with, because fraudulent car dealers abound.
This is what they would do:
Called an electrician (rewire) to remove the dashboard, and seal the malfunction light bulbs with tape. That way, when you intend to see the lights, there would be none.

∆check the mileage of the car. if it has hone through say, 200,000miles, you already know the battery maybe coming to the end of it's lifespan.
Battery cells in those hybrid battery modules get weak with time.

∆when you're satisfied with the following checks, you could go ahead with your payment.
Ask for guarantees.

∆save some bucks, just in case for a hybrid battery in the future.

HOW DO YOU SAFELY MAINTAIN YOUR HYBRID BATTERY

*ensue your cars Ac system is efficiently working. The hybrid battery uses the car's Ac system cooling system to cool the battery. Ensure the Ac system is working perfectly.

*ensure the hybrid blower fan isn't clogged with dust.
Dust prevents the flow of air across the battery modules, via the blower ducts.
Air vents behind the rear seats for the hybrid battery should be blocked. There should be free flow of air.

These strategies would save you a lot of headaches in the future.
These information presented above also applies to non hybrid cars as well.

Cheers, guys.

Regard,
Igono Joseph Okeme
oigonojoseph@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: HOW TO BUY A HYBRID CAR by oyekanwahab(m): 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2016
God bless you for the info

1 Like

Re: HOW TO BUY A HYBRID CAR by TRYGO(m): 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
@wahab!!!!Thanks for the commendation o! Just trying to make a difference.
Re: HOW TO BUY A HYBRID CAR by Whizpeter(m): 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2016
Nice one... But I don't think Nigeria and Nigerians is prepared for hybrid vehicles.. All these mechanics go just turn your vehicle to laboratory specimen for learning!! undecided

1 Like

Re: HOW TO BUY A HYBRID CAR by TRYGO(m): 9:54pm On Nov 06, 2016
@whiz. Depends on how you see it o! In this fuel subsidy removal, you even need hybrids more.
There are hybrid experts. But they're somewhat I. the minority.
Re: HOW TO BUY A HYBRID CAR by Whizpeter(m): 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2016
TRYGO:
@whiz. Depends on how you see it o! In this fuel subsidy removal, you even need hybrids more.
There are hybrid experts. But they're somewhat I. the minority.

Hybrid experts in lag? Surely!

Hybrid experts in Owerri? Bros you go waka tire, you no go see! cheesy

1 Like

Re: HOW TO BUY A HYBRID CAR by TRYGO(m): 2:39am On Nov 07, 2016
@whizpeter. We're well able to be at owerri. Arrange for transport, etc, you'll see us there.

(1) (Reply)

Nico Rosberg Quits F1 Days After Claiming His Maiden World Championship. / Where Can I Buy Nissan Parts And Sensors In Abuja / Dubai Enters Guinness World Records For Having The World's Fastest Police Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.