Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,132 members, 7,953,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:23 PM

Let Your Light Shine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let Your Light Shine (442 Views)

Good Morning Prayers : May The Lord Make His Face To Shine Upon You / ** Do Not Dim Your Light For Anyone# / Arise And Shine For Your Light Is Come (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let Your Light Shine by yommyuk: 5:43am On Nov 07, 2016
God’s children are on display to the world like a city on a hill (Matt. 5:14). The light from cities like London and New York can be seen for miles. Likewise, believers are to “shine” in such a way that others will observe our good works and honour God.

A Christian’s “faith light” is evident through his or her deeds. We want co-workers, friends, and others in our sphere of influence to sit up and take notice of the way we live. The reason? Because once people notice that we are not simply “out for number one,” they’ll want to know why. Then they might gradually begin to connect the dots: Thinking, He helps others even when it’s difficult or She says she does this because she’s a Christian could lead them to conclude, Then their God must be worthy and good. The more we are seen doing good works, the more glory goes to God, who is the Author of our service record.

To balance the command to shine, however, the Lord did give an admonition in Matthew 6:1: “Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them.” In other words, be mindful of the motive. If we’re performing in order to get a pat on the back or the attention of others, we will lose out on a heavenly reward. That fleeting bit of worldly appreciation is all we’ll get for our efforts.

Believers are here to point others to the God they serve. We are a reflection of His light and glory. It is He who not only gives opportunity to shine but also equips us with the strength and gifts to work for the kingdom. As bright as we may seem, we are nothing apart from the Lord.

John 14:12
“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

Matthew 5:14-16
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Philippians 2:12-13
Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

1 John 4:12
No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Free Medical Test And Treatment / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sun. 08/01/2017) / Key For Success And Prosperity In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.