Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation (14455 Views)

States To Receive 13% Derivation From Mining Revenue — FG / RMAFC To Commence Disbursement Of 13% Derivation Fund To Lagos (Pic) / Militants Threaten To Attack Niger-Delta Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by obailala(m): 8:48am On Nov 07, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

[s]Learn how to eat your Amala and Ewedu in peace behave like an Afonja[/s]
Dont try to divert the topic, you simply expressed the typical black man mentality by reading a title and jumping into conclusion, tufia!

Instead of this pointless diversion, you should be doing some face saving measure by modifying your comment.

7 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 07, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Urged to stop paying Niger Delta governors 13% derivation ??

Meanwhile, Niger Delta have been feeding the whole of Nigeria since 1467

What kind of fuckery is that ??

Your government have been swallowing their oil since the earth was created and at the end they will be left to suffer

These guys are very calm, you have been pushing their buttons
undecided

5 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:48am On Nov 07, 2016
I'm in alignment! This has been our position

2 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by davidif: 8:48am On Nov 07, 2016
FINALLY!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by davidif: 8:54am On Nov 07, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Your government have been swallowing their oil since the earth was created and at the end they will be left to suffer

Wrong! i believe that what they are saying is that the money should go to the local govts not the governors.

3 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by starwar(m): 8:57am On Nov 07, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Am not understanding

2 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by Bizibi(m): 8:58am On Nov 07, 2016
Very good!!!!!!!!
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by davidif: 8:58am On Nov 07, 2016
Godprotectigbos:
FG should not start wat it cannot finish.......their is already made crisis on ground so dont bring it on again.... they should continue paying it to d state not the host community

mbok allow the d dead lion to sleep

keep paying the 13% derivation for ur safety

even if they use it and drink ogogoro leave them is their birth right

WRONG! You can't keep doing the same thing and expecting different results, i believe its called insanity.

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by fourthworld: 9:02am On Nov 07, 2016
cekhoe:
it's impossible for the community reps not to embezzle, but it will be easier to Lynch them than going to government house with placards grin

I support the moves, all these state governments are thieves that have been collecting the 13% derivation for years and nothing to show for it except to use the money to sponsor campaigns as well as invest in foreign Countries while the communities suffer. If the people actually realized this vision, that will be highly commendable. It's time to hold these thief governors accountable

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by here: 9:05am On Nov 07, 2016
Long overdue, I woke up this morning hoping to create a thread on this.
You need to come to these communities hosting marginal fields to see how they are abandoned.
Take for instance Rivers State, Oyigbo produces 22,000bpd higher than the quantity of oil Lagos is boasting of and this local government with about 30 oil wells have no roads and housing a high capacity gas plant, typically abandoned and regarded as Igbo extraction while the major tribes hold power in the state and treat these guys like second class. Shell drilling in this LGA with these quantity of oil has no existing MOU and this community has not for once broken any pipe. They deserve their 13% paid directly to them; rather than to state that they will not benefit anything.
Worse case, ask these communities to identify projects they want since you have refused giving them even if 5% stake in the oil drilling done on their land, setup a development agency made up of natives and contracts awarded to be reviewed, approved and monitored by the agency.Completion publicized and where there are violence by bad youths let the world know rather than use it as an excuse to eat the disbursed funds and abandon contract and for God's sake there are security agencies to be deployed to contract sites and their allowance can be built in the contract. Do not pay them any more allocation from federation account and watch these communities grow. Yes each contract must employ 80% youths from the area except there is no trained, and where there is none, develop a training program like the gas plant did and shared slots to each community. That will show you have their interest. But as always the government will look the other way.
Who is really interested in not developing the oil bearing communities, I ask?
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 07, 2016
fourthworld:

I support the moves, all these state governments are thieves that have been collecting the 13% derivation for years and nothing to show for it except to use the money to sponsor campaigns as well as invest in foreign Countries while the communities suffer. If the people actually realized this vision, that will be highly commendable. It's time to hold these thief governors accountable
i concur, the closer the money is to the people, the easier it can get to the communities it is mean for, at least let development start from these communities while the state government handles state projects

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by MrEverest(m): 9:06am On Nov 07, 2016
All motion, yet no movement. Why are these guys are these guys demanding for peanuts when they should fight for resoure control? RUBBISH!

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by Rex123(m): 9:09am On Nov 07, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Did you read the article? If you did, which is your problem, comprehension or outright foolishness? And one idiot liked your post!

3 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by badman007(m): 9:10am On Nov 07, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

It won't kill you if you Tried to read ??

R.I.P English

You are so shamelessly ignorant...

5 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by fourthworld: 9:23am On Nov 07, 2016
cekhoe:
i concur, the closer the money is to the people, the easier it can get to the communities it is mean for, at least let development start from thses communities while the state government handles state projects

Exactly my sister
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 07, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:26am On Nov 07, 2016
Ahmadgani:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/fg-urged-stop-paying-n-delta-govs-13-derivation/
... Niger Delta will be a raging inferno if 13% derivation is stopped. PMB CANNOT EVEN DARE TO DO THAT. Hypocrisy is when you don't question Kano state govt of how the use their monthly huge allocation (highest recipient) but you're asking for ND derivation to be stopped on the guise of mismanagement.
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by udemzyudex(m): 9:27am On Nov 07, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

headline reader spotted... oga go and read the whole article before you comment

3 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by Justiceleague1: 9:29am On Nov 07, 2016
sarrki:
The resources should be channeled
In social infrastructural development
this is one of the few times u've said something reasonable..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by omenka(m): 9:31am On Nov 07, 2016
Saw this thread this morning and didn't bother to open it cos I thought it might be a landmine for progressives. Looked at it on the board and again saw it's still crawling when it should be on its 6th page at the very least by now. Opening it now and reading the first paragraph made me realise why it is still crawling and looks deserted: No be "abokiiii make the call"!!

So, contrary to what I though, it is actually a landmine for iPods and all enemies of Nigeria. cheesycheesycheesy

Good to see the good people of ND have started to look inward at where their problems truly lie- their very own leaders. smiley

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by omenka(m): 9:34am On Nov 07, 2016
davidif:

Wrong! i believe that what they are saying is that the money should go to the local govts not the governors.
Wrong! The kid just read only the title and ran away with a preconceived conclusion, embarrassing himself in the process. cheesycheesy
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by omenka(m): 9:39am On Nov 07, 2016
Newmanluckyman:
... Niger Delta will be a raging inferno if 13% derivation is stopped. PMB CANNOT EVEN DARE TO DO THAT. Hypocrisy is when you don't question Kano state govt of how the use their monthly huge allocation (highest recipient) but you're asking for ND derivation to be stopped on the guise of mismanagement.
Modath, come see ya brother Pa Chukwudi don embarrass himsef again! gringrin

This is what unrestrained hatred causes! It is akin to a subtle form of mental ailment- seeing your own shadow and thinking it is that of "big foot". cheesy

Pele.

3 Likes

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by Slikbae: 9:40am On Nov 07, 2016
The Nigeria will cease to exist.
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by babasolo(m): 9:43am On Nov 07, 2016
cekhoe:
it's impossible for the community reps not to embezzle, but it will be easier to Lynch them than going to government house with placards grin

thank you jareer.....just wait for them at home with stones and den guns

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by docadams: 9:49am On Nov 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I'm in alignment! This has been our position

..."Our position"…! Since when and from where? Anyway, better be late than never. I have never supported the resource control mantra because of its present faulty implementation. Hosts communities are just pawns used by the greedy ND leaders to blackmail the FG and IOCs in their fake resource control demand.
The day the communities become direct beneficiaries of what truly belong to them is when resource control will have its true meaning.

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by rusher14: 9:49am On Nov 07, 2016
Newmanluckyman:

Read before commenting.

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by kannymoore(m): 9:55am On Nov 07, 2016
One thing nobody here has addressed is this...

What happens to the oil fields drilled hundreds of miles offshore eg those in akwaibom state?

How will the 13% derivation be paid to communities then?

Does that mean that Bayelsa, Rivers and Delta states will automatically receive more funds , compared to AkwaIbom?

And if that happens, do you think AkwaIbom state will agree to this new set of demands?

Hmmm!
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by omenka(m): 9:56am On Nov 07, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

It won't kill you if you Tried to read ??

R.I.P English
You, my friend, are actually the one who's wrong and not Guy1234.

When you use the word "would" (which is part of won't), you apply the past tense of the verb that follow in the sentence and not the present tense. Simple english.

Therefore saying "it won't kill you if you tried to read..." is correct, as opposed to what you presumably think is the right word he should have used which is "try".

Hope you've learnt something today.

Please cc all those who liked and shared that post of yours.

Modath, have you seen the epic flop of our dear old friend up there?? Just can't stop laughing. cheesycheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by modath(f): 10:00am On Nov 07, 2016
omenka:
Modath, come see ya brother Pa Chukwudi don embarrass himsef again! gringrin

This is what unrestrained hatred causes! It is akin to a subtle form of mental ailment- seeing your own shadow and thinking it is that of "big foot". cheesy

Pele.

Na old age dey worry Pa C, at 49 hin still dey think left, i have given up on him... smiley

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by jbaby265(f): 10:04am On Nov 07, 2016
so abia state is part of Niger delta too.. are they producing oil?
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by babooshka: 10:13am On Nov 07, 2016
skywalker240:
Our lazy governors are waiting for derivations every months, i think this is a good move.

Hope to see the day uduaghan would go to jail, that man is a theif
my broda, dat man is a bloody thief, as his predecessor. Really hope he goes to jail.
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by skywalker240(m): 10:17am On Nov 07, 2016
babooshka:
my broda, dat man is a bloody thief, as his predecessor. Really hope he goes to jail.
Amen to that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dialogue With Niger Delta Avengers Not An Option -- Army / Buhari, Atiku, Sowore & Moghalu To Participate In Townhall Meeting. / FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.